Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Organized Siege PVP

bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

I am looking for a game that has guild sieges/wars that require organization and planning.  The teamwork pvp on a large scale is what i fond rewarding, plus meaningful outcomes.  I would also like a more recent game leaving out lineage and DAOC.

I have played the following games participating in sieges.  Please leave these out of the discussion.

Warhammer - gone but good

Darkfall - good siege mechanics but i can do Darkfall anymore 

Archage - poor siege mechanics

Thanks

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

The two biggest choices you have now are GW2 or ESO.  If you like your siege weapons to shoot further than a spitball and for a trebuchet to shoot significantly further than a catapult or ballista like they should, then GW2.  If you want to have the need for some skill to aim and fire a siege weapon decently instead of having a visual aid of a big green arc and crosshair telling you exactly where it's going to hit, then GW2.  If you like maps that take advantage of verticallity then GW2.

Everything else dealing with small groups and zergs then both games are probably on equal footing.  That being said I would just watch a video or two of each and I think you would have your answer pretty quickly.  Assuming you are considering those two games of course.

edit: Also there is PS2 if you like FPS gameplay.

Also, people that claim these games are nothing but zerg fests are the ones who don't play with a PVP guild or use any type of voip.  They probably don't even read map chat to at least know where the zerg is moving too.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Lineage II - period!
  • bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184
    I played GW2 and ESO to max level when they launched .  Is there truelly organized pvp now.  What is at stake for the sieges?
    How old is lineage 2 now?
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    lineage2 is about 11-12years old now

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

Any other suggestions?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    EVE, there are no bigger sieges. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Camelot Unchained 2016
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    EVE, there are no bigger sieges. image

This lol

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

age of wulin (eu) wushsu (us) has segies, i used to play it for awhile and a seige i went to must of had about 100-150 people there, was intense.

most games are care bear these days

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• lwgt12lwgt12 Member Posts: 30
    Aion is much more relying on numbers while ESO is relying on both strategy and numbers.