Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Anthro-Optional MMORPGs Worth Playing

2»

Comments

• CloudberryCloudberry Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Niburu

GW2 is 75% off and only a one time buy game that offers you TONS of content. The Charr story is pretty epic.

If you cant afford some 20 bucks you shouldnt play games but look for a little bit of work you can do to earn some basic money.

Edit: ah the promotion is over than just buy a cheap key on a key site

Getting a job isn't exactly possible for me <.< I'm disabled. And beyond that, I'd rather it be free because I'm too used to being without money and (fast) Internet a lot, and would rather not take the chance of being unable to play a game for missing a payment.

And I'd rather pay $20+ to buy console/handheld/offline-mode games instead, since they're always playable :0

*KABOOOOOM*
    ...Whoops, was that how I was supposed to do that?

Originally posted by Xxerox
    Originally posted by Cloudberry
    Originally posted by Xxerox
    Nope, it has a monthly fee .____.

Wakfu is Free To Play .... it does not have monthly fee -.- I played it for free, and i still can play it for free.  it is not P2W and has better graphics than Dufus.

This site says it has a monthly fee, though :0 Is the info about it outdated?

The Site says its free O.o you just have to register, download the game, play the tutorial, then chose a character and play for real. No subscription. 

:D

*KABOOOOOM*

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I was going to make a rude post in response to the ridiculousness of expecting free stuff catered to my specific niche. However, then I realized I want free stuff catered specifically to my narrow corners of interest too... where the hell is my free stuff?!?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

Originally posted by Dauntis

I was going to make a rude post in response to the ridiculousness of expecting free stuff catered to my specific niche. However, then I realized I want free stuff catered specifically to my narrow corners of interest too... where the hell is my free stuff?!?

Buried under bunches of other loyalty shop stuff :V

*KABOOOOOM*

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

GW2 is 75% off and only a one time buy game that offers you TONS of content. The Charr story is pretty epic.

If you cant afford some 20 bucks you shouldnt play games but look for a little bit of work you can do to earn some basic money.

Getting a job isn't exactly possible for me <.< I'm disabled. And beyond that, I'd rather it be free because I'm too used to being without money and (fast) Internet a lot, and would rather not take the chance of being unable to play a game for missing a payment.

And I'd rather pay $20+ to buy console/handheld/offline-mode games instead, since they're always playable :0

okay mate, thats a fair answere.

To answere your thread title, no there is not a single MMO that is worth playing that is also for free. In the end you hit a wall where you have to play. Somehow they need to pay the servers and so on.

As you described you are willing to spend money on games. A game like GuildWars 2 or The Elder Scrolls Online (both are 100% fair after you payed for the game).

But i would suggest GuildWars 2 because this game was created as a 1 time buy game. It has TON's of content and all that without paying anything extra. The best thing also is it doesnt focus on item grind gear but on style. Ofc you have to play abit to get to the "endgame". The Charr have a great storyline to follow and i really liked my guardian it was i think

Really, look up some reviews about it, watch videos and search for a cheap price. You can get it for under $25 and you get 100s of hours of fun out of this money.

To answere your thread title, no there is not a single MMO that is worth playing that is also for free. In the end you hit a wall where you have to play. Somehow they need to pay the servers and so on.

As you described you are willing to spend money on games. A game like GuildWars 2 or The Elder Scrolls Online (both are 100% fair after you payed for the game).

But i would suggest GuildWars 2 because this game was created as a 1 time buy game. It has TON's of content and all that without paying anything extra. The best thing also is it doesnt focus on item grind gear but on style. Ofc you have to play abit to get to the "endgame". The Charr have a great storyline to follow and i really liked my guardian it was i think

Really, look up some reviews about it, watch videos and search for a cheap price. You can get it for under $25 and you get 100s of hours of fun out of this money.

I'm interested in it :0 An offline mode would be awesome, though x3

*KABOOOOOM*

• EchoAfinoEchoAfino Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Have you checked out Elder Scrolls Online? Apologies if I'm incorrect, but I believe someone previously mentioned Skyrim... ESO is along the same line of games, but it's an MMO and releases new portions of the story in the forms of DLCs and expansion packs rather than entirely new games.

It has two playable anthro races... a catlike beastfolk called Khajiit, which are very good for stealth-based gameplay, and the Argonians, lizard people with equally wonderful culture that play very good healers. The customization system leaves a lot of room for uniqueness, and so does the classes. You could play any race or class and be a tank, melee/ranged DPS, healer, or a combination of all three because of the freedom of choice you get through skillpoints. There's so much freedom and room to grow, and I doubt any two players' gameplay experience would be the same.

I'd like to note that this game is rated M (mature, 17/18+ depending on your region's requirements), but it rarely gets out of hand. The worst you'll see usually is players spamming things in zone chat, and even then you can turn on chat censoring or just block it out in general. The MoonGuard server/realm in World of Warcraft is much worse...

And knowing you're looking for something F2P, this game DOES have a price to play the game, but you've only gotta pay once to play forever, and it'll give you previous xpacs free. Not only that, but it's not uncommon to see the game on sale on Steam, it can even go as low as $5 USD and on special occasions, they have the game ENTIRELY FREE for a weekend! You'd need to be patient and watchful to catch one of those, though. And in case you were confused, I meant the entire game was completely free for 2-3 days (Fri-Sun) and if you get it by then you won't need to pay.

I'm personally looking for games like this to play too, and I'd like to thank those who mentioned Tera, I'm currently looking into it~
    Help me there's so much vocaloid... I can't escape!! But I love it... so... much... (●@◡@●)
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    edited May 2021
    **Deleted** Did not realize this was a Necro thread

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

I'm interested in it :0 An offline mode would be awesome, though x3

Ok seriously, expecting an offline mode in an MMO? Also just because you are disabled does not mean everything should be free.... I am living paycheck to paycheck, and am also disabled.... I pay for a sub game. $15/mo is the cheapest for of entertainment out there. As for a game to play with Anthro... I would recommend FFXIV. Cat people, Bunny People, Football people, Bigger Lion People.... Free trial, and definitely worth the subscription

The dude's post was made back in 2015.........................
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    free to play with no restrictions. hmm