Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archery?

BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

My largest issue with this game was the archery.  

Second was housing system.  

But lets focus on archery for a moment,  Many games are getting it right like gloria victus,  Darkfall had a good system,  So why is archery in MO so broken?  I have offered to even donate $1500 to get them to fix it before I quit a couple years ago.  

The main issues right now are speed and mobility,  The time it takes to plant your feet, draw arrow and take a shot is all too long.  A character is able to instant fire a spell or charge swing at your face long before you can even draw an arrow.  And I am sick of this whole mounted archery nonsense.  It has its place but shouldn't be a core combat build.  

Anyone share these thoughts, have opinions or want to have a discussion about MO archery?

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

To me, MO is the best sandbox with a lot of cool content made for a sandbox game, but everything about combat is dead wrong, not just archery.

The MO devs need to stop their focus on more content and they need to stay focus on combat for a year or something. That is really what they need to fix before they do anything else.

The auto aim magic is boring and annoying since you can't dodge them. Why make an FPS game, then adding something that has nothing to do with manual aim in your combat? I don't get it.

In melee, you can't force an enemy to fight with you 1on1. Your enemy can just chose to run in a straight line if he want. Also, the water is a freaking safe zone. Once you jump in the pool, no one can fight in there so thats what i mean when i say that its actually a safe zone.

Archer can be fast if you release the knocking animation early everytime i guess, but the problem is indeed, the mobility. In real life, the best archers can shoot multiple arrows ridiculously fast and they can move how ever they want while shooting, but in MO, its just stupid how it is.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif