Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good or new laptop compatible/browser games out?

VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Looking for a good game to play on my laptop at work.  My taste is varied so all suggestions welcome.

Last year I played Grepolis and it nearly ruined my life lol.  Not exactly looking for a game that I have to be able to play at a moments notice.  (even though I kicked a LOT of ass).

I just tried Eldevin but my laptop can only handle the fixed angle view so I'm not sure I want to play it.  Kinda feel like I might be missing out not being able to use the free camera.  I wanted to try a game like League of Angels but I don't exactly want to be judged by my coworkers with that artwork ha.

A newly released game would be cool too. 

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

Does it need to be browser-based, or just something that runs well on your laptop?

What hardware is in your laptop, anyway?

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Yeah just anything that runs basically.

I'm looking at a i3 M370 @2.40 GHz.  

4GB RAM, 64bit Windows 7

Intel HD Graphics which is kinda the sucky part but oh well.

I also tried Runescape on this and it was soooooo close to playable, just stuttered too much for my liking. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

In that case, you should probably be looking at older games, not browser-based.  Having to run in a browser makes things so much more inefficient.

I'm guessing that you have a job with a lot of downtime, so you want to play games while waiting for something to do but need to drop the game quickly if something comes up.  In that case, try Uncharted Waters Online.  It originally released in Japan in 2005, though it didn't get translated to English until 2010.  I've run it on a much weaker laptop than yours, so it should run fine on your laptop.  In most cases, you can get out and be offline inside of 30 seconds without losing any progress.  Maybe you log out in the middle of the ocean, but you'll still be there--and with the same velocity even--when you come back.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

There are quite a few games that will work on your computer. Lots of newer games are designed for lower spec computers. Many browser based. Some of them have clients you can download too. With todays technology, you often wont find a difference between the client and browser version. 

One game I can think of right away is Drakensang online. Not a full on MMO by any means, but something you may like. Decent graphics that will run on there too.

City of Steam is another one you could look at.,

Realm of the Mad God (very bleh graphics, but you can do a ton)

Another non MMO, but multiplayer game in your browser thats pretty damn good is Might and Magic Heroes Online.

Ignore Quiz, hes a bit behind the times ;) There are actually plenty of others too. Many I cannot recall but I can do a quick google search.

I also know these games will work for you because I had already set them up on an old Gateway with worse specs than yours for my brother in law.  

• amoiyamoiy Member Posts: 20
    One of my friends introduced Siegelord to me, but I have not tried. After I tried, I will come back to tell u what it is.
  • VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Hmmmmm, Might and Magic Hero's....
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    You need the diablo clone, drakensang or w/e.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

in terms of Browser based MMOs

I am looking for something as deep as Runescape originally was, but with maybe some 3D action like Sherwood.

Any ideas for something like that?

Also would like to see some new advances to MMORTS browser games. Heroes of Gia was fun compared to many others I played. Hero Online was also pretty cool. want some advances in that area, but cant seem to find any.

Would be cool if Gameloft put Order and Chaos back on Facebook for PC to play...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Kongregate has alot of browser games and some of them are pretty good....Lionheart Tactics is one of my favs along with Nevergrind...Armor Games also has alot of browser type games