Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current MMOs with active RP communities?

ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188

I am curious what MMOs out there have active RP communities. 

I current play STO which has a great RP community, but is struggling as a game.  I also play Planetside2, which is an awesome game, but I've never seen or heard of any RP community.

I'm looking for RP communities in other MMOs.  Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

 

 

 

Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

Comments

  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

    SWTOR has a healthy RP population.

    http://swtor-rp.com/

    And I believe The Secret World has fairly large one too. (Well, "large" relatively to its playerbase).

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh
    Ah yeah, SWTOR. Forgot that one. Ebonhawk has a good RP community.

    So does its European counterpart, the Progenitor. ^^

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh
    Ah yeah, SWTOR. Forgot that one. Ebonhawk has a good RP community.

    So does its European counterpart, the Progenitor. ^^

    I agree about Ebon Hawk. Great server.


    Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  • ompgamingompgaming Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Alright.  Thanks for all the info, folks!

    Above all else... never ever piss off the penguin.

  • WorlarWorlar Member Posts: 3
    Also there is MUDs, such as Achaea, games oriented on only RP, perhaps you should check it out? Though it's a text based MUD, could not be for everyone.

    image

  • OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by ompgaming

    I am curious what MMOs out there have active RP communities. 

    I current play STO which has a great RP community, but is struggling as a game.  I also play Planetside2, which is an awesome game, but I've never seen or heard of any RP community.

    I'm looking for RP communities in other MMOs.  Any recommendations or information would be appreciated. 

    Thanks.

     

     

     

    TSW has an active RP community as well.  Check out the Arcadia server and below:

    http://tsw-rp.com/

    Had a very active RP event just this last week:

    https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?85057-The-Visible-Dark-Investigation-RP-event

  • UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110

    EVE best rp ever.

    Join the Imperium, all hail Maximilian Singularity VI, First of His Name. Anyone in New Eden declaring for the False Empress Jamyl will be violently disabused of their heresy and their territory forfeit.

    Something Awful this way comes.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,957

    I've heard a number of times that Final Fantasy 14 has a good role play community.

    As another mentioned, Lord of the Rings Online has a very active role play community and landroval is the server. However unless it's a european server (I don't know the status of those) there isn't an official dedicated server that I've ever seen over the years playing it. Landroval seemed to be the "unofficial" Role Play server.

  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,744
    Originally posted by Sovrath

    I've heard a number of times that Final Fantasy 14 has a good role play community.

    As another mentioned, Lord of the Rings Online has a very active role play community and landroval is the server. However unless it's a european server (I don't know the status of those) there isn't an official dedicated server that I've ever seen over the years playing it. Landroval seemed to be the "unofficial" Role Play server.

    While it's a necro thread, I agree both on LotRO (and on TSW in Ortwig's post).

    A slight correction: Landy is the "unofficial" US roleplay-encouraged server, since Turbine handled the topic differently as Codies. So it has a bit more allowing rules (mostly for naming and for chat usage) as the "real" roleplay servers. Also it has a pretty huge playerbase, almost everyone has at least 1 character there for the events, tomorrow there will be a big horse-race themed player event with lots of concerts and trivia and fun.

    EU has 3 roleplay servers, 1 for each language. These have a strict naming policy (with forced name changes if the selected one is inappropriate), lots of roleplay around the world, rules for in-character speaking on "local" chats (/say, /shout), etc. Laurelin is the english one, Belegaer the german and Estel the french.

  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    For most active & largest I would say LOTRO & TSW.  SWTOR has an active RP community, but it seems a bit smaller.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    NM: Already responded to it in the past. (Evil necros xD)

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    FFXIV's rpers are mainly on Balmung. You can also go here to find them www.ffxiv-roleplayers.com

    image

    Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,636
    ESO has an RP community. If you watch ESO Live they always show RP community events from all 3 factions at the end of their videos.




Sign In or Register to comment.