Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't find a copy anywhere?

knightofblackvalorknightofblackvalor Member Posts: 25
I gone to every store to try and get a boxed copy of the gamy for the mystery prize box promo but everyone is sold out and I have been told countless times it's not being restocked. What gives? 

Comments

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    What do you think?
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    It's supposedly being pulled from the shelves.  It might do the same thing that ESO did when it got pulled from the shelves which is go B2P or possibly even F2P.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

Just go to the game website.  I downloaded it from there.  They offered a free 10/day trial or some such thing. 

Z.

• knightofblackvalorknightofblackvalor Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by rodingo
    It's supposedly being pulled from the shelves.  It might do the same thing that ESO did when it got pulled from the shelves which is go B2P or possibly even F2P.

I guess because it's going F2P? I think the mystery box promotion only applies to physical copies.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

http://www.amazon.com/Wildstar-PC/dp/B00JB6P7FW/ref=sr_1_1/180-5126587-6911353?ie=UTF8&qid=1429909277&sr=8-1&keywords=wildstar+pc

Amazon 20 bucks i think.

May be others didn't check further.

EDIT: These are region locked for the key for the promo...so make sure you do NOT buy from U.S. if on EU or other way around.

And yes must be a boxed copy from what i read not a digital key.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

I wonder if they're doing this boxed copy promo just to clear the shelves of stock. There must be a significant return cost if retailers pull them off the shelves and send them back to the publisher, right?

I doubt the included tchotchkes will appeal to someone who's never played the game. So of course it's designed to get the hardcore fans to buy the same game five or six times before it goes F2P/B2P. Pretty smart marketing.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by rodingo

Could be, but maybe some stores don't have the boxed version anymore because they simply sold out.

I still see them on the shelves in different stores.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"