Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Anthro-Optional MMORPGs Worth Playing

CloudberryCloudberry Member UncommonPosts: 16

Anybody know of any free mmorpgs with an option to make furry/anthropomorphic characters? I'm registered in two that are, but one's gender-locked and the other only has two playable anthro races.

Games I'm registered in:

• Eden Eternal
  • Perfect World International

Just to be clear, I'm not interested at all in games like Second Life, Furcadia, Habbo Hotel, or anything even remotely like them; games like that are purely social networks you can walk around in. Nothing against them; they're just incredibly boring. Besides that, I've heard bad rumors about Furcadia. The games I'm interested in seeing are ones that give you a reason to fight--games with actual stories and PvP/PvE. They don't have to be furry/anthro-centric, just contain characters that could be considered as such, or at least body morphs that are considered fashion equipment. Feral creatures also count, but those aren't what I have an interest in, nor simulation games. I also want names of ONLY F2P games; I don't get enough money to play games like WoW, and I doubt I ever will, so please, no subscription games. I'm also not interested in anything with a kemonomimi (animal ears/tail, like InuYasha) theme, and PLEASE nothing that's better suited for children; I don't want to feel like a pedophile. I also don't want the names of games that were cancelled; it's basically a waste of time to look for those.

Just to be clear: THERE IS NO REMOTE REASON TO JUMP TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS PURELY A SEXUAL THING. PLEASE don't make it out to be such. I have seen a thread very much like this get locked because it regressed to an outrageously immature war about bestiality and furry fetishes, and I want SO much to keep this on topic. I DO NOT want this thread to sink to that level; I really want to find more mmorpgs with optional furry/anthropomorphic elements. DO NOT post immature/provoking replies; that will be all the reason I need to report you.

*KABOOOOOM*
...Whoops, was that how I was supposed to do that?

Comments

• synsysynsy Member UncommonPosts: 14

How about EQ2? There's Kerra, Ratonga, Frogloks, Iksar. 

https://www.everquest2.com/races

• CloudberryCloudberry Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Is it completely free to play without limitations?

*KABOOOOOM*

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

• spacestarspacespacestarspace Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 15
    project gorgon!!!
    [Deleted User]
  • zeme111zeme111 Member Posts: 36
    furcadia and gibberlings in allods

I am sexier than Helen Keller blindfolded.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

GW2 has the Charr, a big hulking feline race with horns (you can create one with very short ones, though), they even run in all fours when they don't have a weapon drawn. However, they're usually not that similar to furry fandom art I've seen, they seem more beastly and female, for instance, have no breasts at all (one of the designers said half joking that they were adamant on having the charr female either have 6 breasts or none... none won), and as I said, it isn't free, you have to buy the client (no sub, though) for $40, but there's an expansion coming soonish, so chances are they'll make sales where it'll be cheaper to buy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charr

Tera has the Popori, though I haven't played it so no idea what restrictions there are for free players.

http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/races/popori/

Everquest 2 has several animal based races, the froglok (frogs), iksar (reptile), sarnak (dragon), kerra (feline) and ratonga (rodent), however at least last time I played the free version (years ago) none of those races were available for free players and you had to pay to unlock them.

https://www.everquest2.com/races

Champions online. It's a superhero game, and there really aren't any actual races in the game, but the character creation tool is so versatile that you can probably create any animal or hybrid you might want.

Allods Online has the Gibberlings... basically a race of small dog-like beings, with the added twist that you control 3 of them at the same time.

Elder Scrolls Online has the Argonian (reptilian) and the Khajit (feline), but like GW2, it isn't free, you have to buy the client (no subs either).

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Allods Online looks nice, but I can't even speak any Russian. EQ is also a no, since you have to pay to have a higher level cap <____< I'm finally able to play TERA, since I finally have a laptop that can handle it. I love using the gamepad, though, and my controls are somehow flippreverseded. It's not the control types, because I've tried both and the command buttons are still wrong.

*KABOOOOOM*

• XxeroxXxerox Member UncommonPosts: 126

There was one nice shooting game for furries one time . You played with wolfes and jumped around and shot each other. i don't know if it's still around. Most games prefer the japanese version of furries : Aka Human body, animal ears and tail.

EDIT: Only thing Tera has are fat tanukis.

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985

Istaria has some animalistic races, but I'm not sure which are available to free players - I know the dragons aren't.  I made a satyr when I trialed it, but that's more of a kemonomimi (kemonomimi are my personal favorite, but I understand that they're not everyone's favorite, lol).

WoW has a free trial or free mode now, actually.  Tauren is a nice anthro race.  Make a tauren druid and you can shapeshift into animals too.

Dofus also has a free trial with a level cap if it still works the way I remember.  Their races are class locked instead of gender locked; like, ecaflips are cat anthros with a gambling/luck theme, I'd probably consider it a rogue class since it's melee but not tank.

I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Not interested in free trials, either; I want to always be able to play for free. And poporis aren't strictly tanukis :0

*KABOOOOOM*

Originally posted by sunandshadow

Istaria has some animalistic races, but I'm not sure which are available to free players - I know the dragons aren't.  I made a satyr when I trialed it, but that's more of a kemonomimi (kemonomimi are my personal favorite, but I understand that they're not everyone's favorite, lol).

WoW has a free trial or free mode now, actually.  Tauren is a nice anthro race.  Make a tauren druid and you can shapeshift into animals too.

Dofus also has a free trial with a level cap if it still works the way I remember.  Their races are class locked instead of gender locked; like, ecaflips are cat anthros with a gambling/luck theme, I'd probably consider it a rogue class since it's melee but not tank.

Or you know, You can go for Wakfu that is basically Dofus but free c:

Nope, it has a monthly fee .____.

*KABOOOOOM*

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I dont think there are many games out there that will give you all the content for nothing.. they are out to make money afterall.. usually they have some kind of limit in place on the f2p accounts.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Caldrin

I dont think there are many games out there that will give you all the content for nothing.. they are out to make money afterall.. usually they have some kind of limit in place on the f2p accounts.

Not sure why people think they should be able to play a game for absolutely nothing and get everything while others pay to cover them....must be the current world's group think.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Dam , i cant remember the name , but there was an open world game that cropped up here . 6 months ago or so , had some very cool ideas and was in OB .. The factions were all different animals .... Frogs , Badgers, Squirells .. etc .. was getting some positive feed back from community also , never had a chance to try it ..Maybe someone can remeber the game .. also had a very nice artstyle...
    Originally posted by Cloudberry

Wakfu is Free To Play .... it does not have monthly fee -.- I played it for free, and i still can play it for free.  it is not P2W and has better graphics than Dufus.

Originally posted by Horusra

Not sure why people think they should be able to play a game for absolutely nothing and get everything while others pay to cover them....must be the current world's group think.

Maybe because of people like you who want to pay and get everything, every single mmo lately is bad.  People should be able to play a game for free.

As long as there are people to cover them, then there will be P2W B2P and Subscriptions for hundreds of dollars monthly.

It is true, you cant expect something without money, but you have to at least try. There are so many peoples out there who dont have money to buy anything, yet want to be equal. Well, this is not the real world, This is game world, and people have the right to be equal there! Lets not bring stupid stuff like money into the games.

Big.Daddy.SamediSandmanjw
    Originally posted by Xxerox

Maybe because of people like you who want to pay and get everything, every single mmo lately is bad.  People should be able to play a game for free.

As long as there are people to cover them, then there will be P2W B2P and Subscriptions for hundreds of dollars monthly.

It is true, you cant expect something without money, but you have to at least try. There are so many peoples out there who dont have money to buy anything, yet want to be equal. Well, this is not the real world, This is game world, and people have the right to be equal there! Lets not bring stupid stuff like money into the games.

You mean stupid stuff like money that has to be used to create the game and pay the people to maintain the game.  When I hear that you personally work for free 40 hrs a week, give everything you own to anyone that asks for free, and only lives on free stuff that you can get from society then I will give you some credence to your views.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

true, this is the game world not the real world... but unfortunately people that create the games don´t live in the game world, they live in the real world where they actually need money for little things like food, clothes and a place to live, so they end up having two choices, either have a job that gives them money for all that, and develop the games as a hobby (for example, planeshift, eternal lands), which will compete for the resources (mainly time) with other things like sleep, family, social life and so on, which ends up with slow development time and uneven quality because of its dependence on volunteer work (which can be from VERY good to not so much) or they can make the game development their full time job, in which case the money to pay for all that must come from somewhere.

And of course there´s the overhead costs (servers, maintenance staff, office space and so on) that also exist in the real world and can only be paid with real world money.

So in the end it´s not that there are people that are willing to pay... it´s that to have the kind of product with the expected quality (graphical and otherwise) of modern MMOs it´s no longer something that can be done in a reasonable timeframe purely as a hobbyist... like it or not, doing something like that requires a large team working full time, sometimes for years, and you need money, and lots of it, to be able to make it... and you need some way to make back the money spend on that, plus some extra to allow you to fund future products... which is why you have plenty of games where you can play for free... but none (outside of hobbyist projects) where you can get EVERYTHING for free.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

Originally posted by L0C0Man

true, this is the game world not the real world... but unfortunately people that create the games don´t live in the game world, they live in the real world where they actually need money for little things like food, clothes and a place to live, so they end up having two choices, either have a job that gives them money for all that, and develop the games as a hobby (for example, planeshift, eternal lands), which will compete for the resources (mainly time) with other things like sleep, family, social life and so on, which ends up with slow development time and uneven quality because of its dependence on volunteer work (which can be from VERY good to not so much) or they can make the game development their full time job, in which case the money to pay for all that must come from somewhere.

And of course there´s the overhead costs (servers, maintenance staff, office space and so on) that also exist in the real world and can only be paid with real world money.

So in the end it´s not that there are people that are willing to pay... it´s that to have the kind of product with the expected quality (graphical and otherwise) of modern MMOs it´s no longer something that can be done in a reasonable timeframe purely as a hobbyist... like it or not, doing something like that requires a large team working full time, sometimes for years, and you need money, and lots of it, to be able to make it... and you need some way to make back the money spend on that, plus some extra to allow you to fund future products... which is why you have plenty of games where you can play for free... but none (outside of hobbyist projects) where you can get EVERYTHING for free.

At the end all those people who want to play , can't because MMO always needs money .... Now if only someone could create an AI to do all the work...

Money are the problem. If only there were no money, but humans always used money. We can't change that even if it has to.

Still,  i keep saying there are people who don't have money to play but want to like everyone else.

EDIT: I forgot to say what i always try to say : Donations. Donations are extremely usefull.  Donate and recieve nothing, but help the poor :D That should be a slogan to every game!

At the end all those people who want to play , can't because MMO always needs money .... Now if only someone could create an AI to do all the work...

Money are the problem. If only there were no money, but humans always used money. We can't change that even if it has to.

Still,  i keep saying there are people who don't have money to play but want to like everyone else.

I want to be king of the world, drive every car made, live in your house...unfortunately just because you want something does not make it happen.  The world will never be fair.  It will always have been that are outside of certain things.  This should drive people to strive to improve their situations, but it seems lately it just leads to people complaining and demanding that others take care of them.

I want to be king of the world, drive every car made, live in your house...unfortunately just because you want something does not make it happen.  The world will never be fair.  It will always have been that are outside of certain things.  This should drive people to strive to improve their situations, but it seems lately it just leads to people complaining and demanding that others take care of them.

The special content doesn't exactly have to be free; I'm (sometimes) willing to buy special game currency. I usually see if there's a way to earn it for free, first xD; And like I said, the anthro features can be an optional fashion-ish, alterable costume thing with no stat bonuses. Things like free characters having low level caps or being at any sort of a distinct disadvantage are things I have a real problem with, though. Also, I'm on a limited income--like, paycheck-to-paycheck limited--which is why subscription mmos like WoW are out for me.

*KABOOOOOM*

Wakfu is Free To Play .... it does not have monthly fee -.- I played it for free, and i still can play it for free.  it is not P2W and has better graphics than Dufus.

This site says it has a monthly fee, though :0 Is the info about it outdated?

*KABOOOOOM*

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

GW2 is 75% off and only a one time buy game that offers you TONS of content. The Charr story is pretty epic.

If you cant afford some 20 bucks you shouldnt play games but look for a little bit of work you can do to earn some basic money.

Edit: ah the promotion is over than just buy a cheap key on a key site

This site says it has a monthly fee, though :0 Is the info about it outdated?

The Site says its free O.o you just have to register, download the game, play the tutorial, then chose a character and play for real. No subscription.