Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the best class for a noob?

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Just wondered if we have any experience WildStar players here who could advise.

I'm having fun with all the classes, but I now the endgame dungeons and raids are pretty difficult. I have been more of a pvp-er in my mmo career, but I would like to give the pvp in WildStar a try. What is the best class for a noob to learn the ropes of WS pve on, to level up,  and to not be a total liability to a group?

I'm thinking engineer or medic, but not sure.

Comments

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Any healer. Though you will level slower and questing will be painful.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    Any healer. Though you will level slower and questing will be painful.

Thanks, but I don't want slow and painful leveling.

Are medics hard to level if you spec dps?

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

Medics level very well.  They have some great AoE damage abilities in close quarters, and some very good mob control.  Endgame, they do very good on dps.

As far as ease of rotation, a medic is not very simple.  It takes a while to learn, and typically, most DPS medics in a raid will run with a different build to maximize buffing with raw damage power.  Which I think makes things interesting when I have to coordinate with the other medics in the team for who is doing what.

I believe Engineers have the simplest DPS "rotation" right now.  But there are so many changes coming up in the next few weeks to all classes that I really cannot speak intelligently on how they will all play soon.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Kaladin  But there are so many changes coming up in the next few weeks to all classes that I really cannot speak intelligently on how they will all play soon.

I guess I just have to play whatever then. I still keep going back and forth between warr, engi, and medic. I've never taken this long to decide on a main in any game. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to take too long to level, so I can probably have one of each at 50 soon enough.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Engineer, easy to level and lots of DPS. Grab 2 pets and just go. They are a lot of fun as well.
  • greenbow54greenbow54 Member UncommonPosts: 128

Every class in the game has a DPS spec, and there is dual action sets from a low level. No class is hard or slow to level.

I played Esper as my main and loved healing on it. All 3 healing classes are pretty close in terms of numbers. Engis are probably the easiest tank class.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Medic

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.