Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Hardly considering that this only a minuscule fraction of a percent of the population actually hold property there. The fact that even this causes outrage shows how silly and entitled the player base can be. NOT EVERY ISSUE IS A 10! Guess what, if you previously owned property on Freedich you have already raked in huge profits from it and that was your reward. You don't need a Trion handout.

IMHO peeps are lucky they are getting anything not to mention demanding more, give me a damn break! I fear Trion is shooting themselves in the foot with all these compensation packages and keeps raising the bar for free/undeserved handouts.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by steelwind

Hardly considering that this only a minuscule fraction of a percent of the population actually hold property there. The fact that even this causes outrage shows how silly and entitled the player base can be. NOT EVERY ISSUE IS A 10! Guess what, if you previously owned property on Freedich you have already raked in huge profits from it and that was your reward. You don't need a Trion handout.

IMHO peeps are lucky they are getting anything not to mention demanding more, give me a damn break! I fear Trion is shooting themselves in the foot with all these compensation packages and keeps raising the bar for free/undeserved handouts.

Did you forget xlgame? have more hold the game then trion.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I have no opinion on the subject.  This happened in Korea and Russia. Why not negate it?

Why include it in the NA version? Just asking questions.

I hope your read the entire thread.  Many unanswered questions.

IMHO any business is lucky to have customers .

See what i did there?

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I dont know what you expect out of Trion.  With a declining player base and generally bad reputation on most gaming forums for Archeage, they have to handle these things as gently as possible.  If they strong armed people as you suggest and kick them off the island with no compensation, they would only lose more players.  Both from those losing the housing and from some of their friends leaving with them. 

As someone who you labeled as a "hater", I think Trion handled the situation well by offering compensation. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

People still play this game?

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Talonsin

I dont know what you expect out of Trion.  With a declining player base and generally bad reputation on most gaming forums for Archeage, they have to handle these things as gently as possible.  If they strong armed people as you suggest and kick them off the island with no compensation, they would only lose more players.  Both from those losing the housing and from some of their friends leaving with them. 

As someone who you labeled as a "hater", I think Trion handled the situation well by offering compensation. 

Yep strong arming those 20-30 or so total players that this actually affects might be upsetting to them. The rest of the population that it doesn't, might get the message to not expect a reward for every inconvenience they might encounter.

Those same 20-30 players are also likely already in the 1% of the most richest players on their respective servers so of course the reward packages won't be adequate to someone already filthy rich.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I logged on a couple of weeks ago, and there seemed to be an ok population, so it isn't a complete debacle.

I self identify as a monkey.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Yep strong arming those 20-30 or so total players that this actually affects might be upsetting to them. The rest of the population that it doesn't, might get the message to not expect a reward for every inconvenience they might encounter.

Those same 20-30 players are also likely already in the 1% of the most richest players on their respective servers so of course the reward packages won't be adequate to someone already filthy rich.

Assuming you are correct and it only effects 25 people per server and if they quit it will have no other effect such as friends leaving with them AND that those 25 players leaving would not ever use the cash shop...  25 people paying $15 a month times 21 servers equals $7,875 per month or about $95,000 per year.  I guess if Trion management were from Bizarro world and declining player base/profit was a good thing then you would be right.  In the normal world, giving some players a few "virtual items" to retain an extra $95,000 per year is actually a good thing and makes good business sense.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

If XLgmaes had more hold on this game then trion, the "normalization" on mounts and gliders trion thing, clothes not giving more stats anymore so no reason to try to get then trion thing, making triple slash and others skill single cast trion thing, going back on they word trion thing, knowing pretty well how many players would be on head start but ignoring it trion thing, gms giving arbitrary rules trion, slow response to problems trion, too many problems in such a short time tron too, holding back content is also a trion thing

saying its a XLgame holding on the game is not the problem, hell I would consider that would be better, then the game would be closer what it was supose to be, but trion over and over trion just to milk the game, not caring for how long the game will live

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305

This.

99% of the playerbase awaits the great changes this pach will bring on next week,

i mean..wt..heck..with with gime gimme gimme gimme gimme type of players nowadays.

Its lame.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

If XLgmaes had more hold on this game then trion, the "normalization" on mounts and gliders trion thing, clothes not giving more stats anymore so no reason to try to get then trion thing, making triple slash and others skill single cast trion thing, going back on they word trion thing, knowing pretty well how many players would be on head start but ignoring it trion thing, gms giving arbitrary rules trion, slow response to problems trion, too many problems in such a short time tron too, holding back content is also a trion thing

saying its a XLgame holding on the game is not the problem, hell I would consider that would be better, then the game would be closer what it was supose to be, but trion over and over trion just to milk the game, not caring for how long the game will live

Yea, there's a whole truckton of changes in the game that other versions of Archeage doesn't have which can only be attributed to Trion.  Well, I suppose an alternative explanation is that XLGames really REALLY hates western people and is forcing Trion to have those changes despite all other versions of the game not having them, but I find that hard to believe.

On the main topic, I wonder if this will inject enough gold into the economy to make a noticeable impact. I don't know too much about AA's current economical state but I'd be kinda surprised if it did. I suppose it's more the principal of the thing in this case.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    thanks for the regrade lack money in the market so from around 500 the pec its around 200-240 each, plus even the moonligh archeum and sunlight drop a little sunlight not much
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.