Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Ship Customization Coming with Dread Prophecies Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion has published a new, comprehensive look at the upcoming ship customization feature headed into ArcheAge when the Dream Prophecies update goes live in the near future. Customization options aren't just cosmetic either. Players will be able to tailor their ships into deadly destroyers, stealthy traders or, as Trion put it, anything in between.

Opening the ship interface will provide a player with information about ship stats, what features can be upgraded, show slots for custom components along with which are filled and by what. When the new system goes into place, all preexisting ships will be automatically upgraded with base components but will also be provided information about the nearly one hundred upgrades that can be both crafted and collected.

Ships, depending on size and complexity, can be upgraded in the following slots:

• Armaments - anything that can deal damage to another ship

• Sails on any and all masts aboard the vessel that help increase speed and turning

• Figureheads that can provide enhanced abilities

• Masts for durability and damage resistance

• Steering mechanisms for turning speed

• Navigation equipment to reveal locations in the immediate area

• Lighting to give stealth mechanics when used

• Storage facilities that allow for crafting ship-specific ammunition

• Boarding equipment

• Miscellaneous decorations to give a vessel the right look and feel

• Sound equipment to herald an attack

Upgrading a component doesn't mean it is permanent. A Ship Component Regrade Scroll can be used to replace an existing component with a better one. These scrolls can be obtained from scavenging wrecked ships, fighting sea creatures and through completion of specific quests.

The blog article contains more details about upgrading and rerolling components, the boon to Machinists and the news that ship's sails will now be able to support multiple images that can be applied directly to the sails rather than through the use of a scroll.

Check it all out on the ArcheAge site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Only $50 per change.

Archeage EU - Nui

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    What good are these changes?  One pirate harpoon boat stripped down for speed can easily catch any other ship and send 10 guys over on gliders and take your ship.  That fancy customization is just cosmetic and will not change the majority of naval combat which is just pvp on the deck of a boat once the bad guys come gliding over.

Just another thing that Trion can charge money for that has no real impact on the game. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    [mod edit]

You mean DMKano is usually the only one that actually discusses the article topic as opposed to derailing EVERY AA topic with the same discussion of p2W/monetization? To make matters worse, most of you stopped paying attention long ago and no longer have any idea as to the state of the game. I know you haters love to paint AA like nothing has changed since you left but guess what, A LOT HAS! So if you stop paying attention, you have no business commenting on the state of the game.

One could say the same for all of you,

"It seems as though most of these negative posters commenting on EVERY AA thread must by hired by the competition to disparage the game". Laughable, yes but not any more than all of you ganging up on those whom don't agree with the QQ herd. The reality is that many of you will not tolerate ANYTHING but negative opinions about AA, no other point of view is tolerated.

Seems like some people on the official forum feel the game population continues to decline:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?181635-is-this-game-dead

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by steelwind
    Originally posted by Krynt0k
    DmKano it seems like anytime we get news from trion your right there to back it up. Do you work for for them by chance? As for acreage I tried it at launch and somewhat liked it. I hated the weapon grind late game and that's kind of what let me see the writing on the wall.

You mean DMKano is usually the only one that actually discusses the article topic as opposed to derailing EVERY AA topic with the same discussion of p2W/monetization? To make matters worse, most of you stopped paying attention long ago and no longer have any idea as to the state of the game. I know you haters love to paint AA like nothing has changed since you left but guess what, A LOT HAS! So if you stop paying attention, you have no business commenting on the state of the game.

It doesn't matter what they change. The payment model is asinine. What's done is done. 

I think the reason AA gets so much hate is because underneath all the shady monetization dealings, it's a good game. Personally, I really enjoyed the game until I realized it was just a greedy cash grab full of land hackers. The pay model is a DEAL BREAKER.

Here's how you bring people back:

- New Server

- $15 a month sub (cash shop cosmetic ONLY)

- 1 type of land per account, per server. 

So simple....

Joined - July 2004

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

The fact is NA Archeage is about to receive the largest, most feature rich patch in the game's entire history. Many of the longstanding issues will be resolved. A mountains worth of content is being added with a hugely diverse set of features for every play style. Farming additions, PvP, PvE, Naval, the list goes on and on.

Many of you whom left Archeage when it was at is worse will likely be pleasantly surprised at the changes and the state of the game after 1.7 hits. The hard reality is that AA NA was released at the worse/most unpopular patch level possible. 1.7 is the patch that changes all that and was the saving grace in other regions.

If you are one of those whom cherished AA during Alpha or are one who appreciates AA for the features it has but were turned away due to bugs, hacks, or simply frustration due to the state of the game, this is the time to give it another try. If at any point there was a patch level to see the best of AA, this is it!

Originally posted by Talonsin

Seems like some people on the official forum feel the game population continues to decline:

The game is dead, but strangely, land is still impossible to obtain I'm sure without buying from the hacker that stole it from under your nose. 

Joined - July 2004

The fact is, most people did not leave the game due to content.  They left due to the poor choices used in the games monetization.  Less than a half a percent chance at getting a TS tree by planting a pine tree vs getting 10% chance if you use the cash shop.  That is downright greed near its lowest form and even worse when you realize that those trees are needed for any good trade run cart, boat or siege weapon you might want.  Archeum is the same way, minute chance to get it naturally or easy way to get it through the cash shop.  Have they improved the drop rates since launch? Yep, they might be up to almost a half a percent now.  How does that compare to the 10% chance the cash shop offers?

It is not content the game needs, it is a drastic change in the monetization model.  Right now they are the only kid on the block offering a game like this but soon other games like Black Desert will be available and the Archeage population will continue to decline.  As a subscriber, I felt restricted due to the cash shop and labor points.  No one wants to pay a monthly fee to feel like they are restricted.

The fact is, most people did not leave the game due to content.  They left due to the poor choices used in the games monetization.  Less than a half a percent chance at getting a TS tree by planting a pine tree vs getting 10% chance if you use the cash shop.  That is downright greed near its lowest form and even worse when you realize that those trees are needed for any good trade run cart, boat or siege weapon you might want.  Archeum is the same way, minute chance to get it naturally or easy way to get it through the cash shop.  Have they improved the drop rates since launch? Yep, they might be up to almost a half a percent now.  How does that compare to the 10% chance the cash shop offers?

It is not content the game needs, it is a drastic change in the monetization model.  Right now they are the only kid on the block offering a game like this but soon other games like Black Desert will be available and the Archeage population will continue to decline.  As a subscriber, I felt restricted due to the cash shop and labor points.  No one wants to pay a monthly fee to feel like they are restricted.

Thank you for saying exactly how I feel, much more eloquently than I could. Cheers mate.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by remyburke

The game is dead, but strangely, land is still impossible to obtain I'm sure without buying from the hacker that stole if from under your nose. 

You have a very strange definition of a "dead game". If 500k active players is dead - tell me what games are not dead? Oh and no I don't have anything to backup the 500k number thats what my inside sources tell me so believe me or not - matters not to me. The reason why land is full is because there's half a million active players still *today* who are maintaining their patron status - remember non patrons can't have land.

I was simply keying off what Talonsin said. I don't care if the game is dead. I just think it sucks. 

Joined - July 2004

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

Not a fan of Archeage either but I wouldn't hold your breath for Black Desert since it sounds like it is no longer a sandbox but a very pretty game based on the mobile market.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

It doesn't matter what they change. The payment model is asinine. What's done is done. 

I think the reason AA gets so much hate is because underneath all the shady monetization dealings, it's a good game. Personally, I really enjoyed the game until I realized it was just a greedy cash grab full of land hackers. The pay model is a DEAL BREAKER.

Here's how you bring people back:

- New Server

- $15 a month sub (cash shop cosmetic ONLY)

- 1 type of land per account, per server. 

So simple....

I'd be back in a heartbeat if they actually did that. I bet a lot of other players would as well. Doubt it will ever happen though.

• Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I meant no disrespect by my post. I was just pointing out that your the first poster on Trion news headlines. Whether it's rift AS or trove. I'm also not a hater when it comes to games, I've been around for a long time and loved a lot about archeage. Yes they had some major.mistakes which left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth. But I truly hope this and all mmos (deserving) succeed.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321

People should invest in life preservers cause the big ship called Archeage is sinking quick.