Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I´d like to play a Pay2Win game! Any suggestions?

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I want to spend 50-100 $ on a pay2win game, I want a guaranteed "win" against people who didn´t pay anything.

So which games are the pay 2 win titles I should get for a guaranteed win?

Comments

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113

100$ won't get you anywhere in a p2w game.

For game choices, pick any f2p title or mobile game.

• FranconsteinFranconstein Member UncommonPosts: 99

I'm just gonna leave this here.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Ernest Hemingway

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

:Al Gore crushes you for 1,500,000 damage

:Al Gore smiles at you

Once upon a time....

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Hearthstone.

Any game by King

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Magnetia

Hearthstone.

Any TCG really. Whether it's offline or online.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• honken_moonhonken_moon Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Hearthstone.

OP only wish to spend 50-100$. In a digital TCG that is not enough to guarantee win against a f2p player by any means. 

• shukoladeshukolade Member UncommonPosts: 113
    Originally posted by honken_moon

Hearthstone.

OP only wish to spend 50-100$. In a digital TCG that is not enough to guarantee win against a f2p player by any means. 

It's not enough for ANY p2w game. Just spend it on a hooker or something, you'll get more out of it ;-)

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

$100 should be enough to beat nonpayers in most browser games IF you play just as much as they do and started as soon as they did on the server.

If you don't play as much as nonpayers do, though, you'll probably need more than that.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by DocBrody

I want to spend 50-100 $ on a pay2win game, I want a guaranteed "win" against people who didn´t pay anything.

So which games are the pay 2 win titles I should get for a guaranteed win?

Try WoW. As soon as you log in, you win... those that didnt pay, well they lose.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by shukolade

Hearthstone.

It's not enough for ANY p2w game. Just spend it on a hooker or something, you'll get more out of it ;-)

And you'll be helping her pay her way through college.  Because we all know that is why they do it.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Pretty clever OP.  I will watch and see how this unfolds.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• killerdodo2killerdodo2 Member Posts: 92

This post is pure perfection,no post will ever be as good.image

Also anything made in korea and  by or even  with the help of Nexon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Hearthstone.

And you'll be helping her pay her way through college.  Because we all know that is why they do it.

Agreed! Pretty sure the OP can even convince her to dress up as a character from Jaws. (to match his profile pic!)

Definitely a win-win!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Chess. If you give me $100 I guarantee I'll let you win.

• MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by Superman0X
    Originally posted by DocBrody

Try WoW. As soon as you log in, you win... those that didnt pay, well they lose.

LoL This made me actually chuckle.

• Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    If you want a game where you can just pay to win, check out Age of Wushu! People spend $50,000 and upwards on their character and still get trounced. If you like pay to win... THis game is for you!
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

War thread between...

The cheapskate subscribers that like to tell the F2Pers they are poor handout junkies

and...

The poor F2Pers that end up spending $100 to $200 more a month than the 'rich' subscribers

in... 3... 2... 1...

GO!

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by Dampiel_sz
    If you want a game where you can just pay to win, check out Age of Wushu! People spend $50,000 and upwards on their character and still get trounced. If you like pay to win... THis game is for you!

Your definition of "win" seems broken.  Win doesn't mean "get trounced".

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Originally posted by LacedOpium

Hearthstone.

I thought it was all about drugs :( boo

I choose to believe the OP cleverly made this thread to prove the point that if any pay2win MMORPGs exist, they're rare enough that most players can't name a single one right off the top of their head.  Hence this thread where no pay2win MMORPGs have been named.

Any serious discussion on pay2win MMORPGs sort of dead-ends in the fact that the only meaningful "win" which exists is whether or not you beat a MMORPG's challenges -- so paid content would have to outright increase your stats to actually be pay2win.

That said, RIFT charge for a item slot (earrings) which provides a stat increase, so I'm not saying this never happens.  I'm only saying it seems quite rare that F2P MMORPGs charge for things other than vanity and time-saving.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• kimahriskimahris Member Posts: 55
    You guys try Atlantica Online and then tell me it isn't pay to win. Sure you can grind a year to afford a mercenary or spend 100$ and buy a new mercenary with all his skillbook..(skills). And your running a 9 man group so that's 900$. And then some of them only good on special occasion so youl probably need 11-12. And then comes new merc every now and then...not to mention the blessing license your kinda force to buy since it gives 150% attack power,defense and exp.There goes another 15$. Then I haven't even start touching the enchancing part of them game.Mounts that give insame attack power,speed and stuff..wings...costume and list goes on. The game is really good though...well used to be good. But no way on earth you can stay competitive without dumping 400-600$ a month on it.
  • honken_moonhonken_moon Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by Axehilt

I choose to believe the OP cleverly made this thread to prove the point that if any pay2win MMORPGs exist, they're rare enough that most players can't name a single one right off the top of their head.  Hence this thread where no pay2win MMORPGs have been named.

Any serious discussion on pay2win MMORPGs sort of dead-ends in the fact that the only meaningful "win" which exists is whether or not you beat a MMORPG's challenges -- so paid content would have to outright increase your stats to actually be pay2win.

That said, RIFT charge for a item slot (earrings) which provides a stat increase, so I'm not saying this never happens.  I'm only saying it seems quite rare that F2P MMORPGs charge for things other than vanity and time-saving.

The reason no P2W game has come up is not that they doesn't exist. They do exist! 

However they may not exist withing the price range (50-100$) mentioned in OPs post. And so they are not named in this post.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

The OP's question is a trick question. He asks for a guaranteed win against people who have not paid anything. Well, the answer is simple, you already have won against them the moment you've spent those $. What kind of win is determined by what type of game you are playing and what is it about.

Example: If you're buying some "buff/boost" for faster progression or to obtain gear quicker, you've already won since you've spent less time than them obtaining it. That time you've saved is your only win because time cannot be bought with $ and is the most valuable thing people spend to earn those $ in first place.

The reason no P2W game has come up is not that they doesn't exist. They do exist! 

However they may not exist withing the price range (50-100$) mentioned in OPs post. And so they are not named in this post.

Well the OP was asking about guaranteed wins, and I'm pretty sure there aren't MMORPGs which provide guaranteed wins at any price.  Doesn't mean the ones that offer slight advantages aren't considered pay2win (since any power advantage gained through paying is a form of pay2win,) just means that it's quite a lot rarer than players claim (there's even a poster around who thinks all F2P MMORPGs are pay2win, which is clearly not the case.)