Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will now change your gaming life.

papagelospapagelos Member UncommonPosts: 20

It is exceptionally rare for me to make forum posts like this, but I consider this important for my fellow gamers.

I have been playing wow since 2004, and been feeling empty the past years, searching for a better MMO to fill the void. Ive tried everything. Every major release, as Im sure many of you also have done.

And you have been left equally empty, deserting it after a few weeks or a couple of months.

I have been reading forums like this, and tried the games people recommend. Didnt find anything to fill the void.

But now I finally did. In the most unexpected place. And thats why I write this. To help others like me find a meaning in their gaming life again.

This recomendation is going to sound strange. Please do not diss it till you try it. I have been playing computer games every single day, since I got my zx spectrum in 1982. And I mean every single day. Didnt miss a day in 33 years. I know games.

The game I have been playing for over 11 months now, minimum 12 hours per day, and I still find super-fun is.....

SUMMONER'S WAR

Now, as I said before. Don't diss it. It's a mobile platform game. It's a pokemon-type, gathering type of game.

But do not be fooled. It is so deep that it's silly. The level of satisfaction you get when you accomplish things is amazing. It is by far the most time consuming and hardest game Ive ever played, and has a really complex character progression, with the rune system that means you can polish a single one of your character for years before optimizing it enough to make it a full member of your team, and then you have another 750 monsters to do it with.

After 11 months, I have only managed to climb the tower of ascension to level 87/100, and the tower is but one of the many pve things to do. PvP is excellent and really fun, with guild wars... I have been building a single monster for nine months and I still dont have all runes I need for it. The game has the feeling of when your final piece for Tier 1 full set dropped from Ragnaros after 6 months of running him..

Look, the wife nags, its time to go... somewhere. I have my phone, meaning i have summoners war, meaning I have fun - wherever the wife takes me.

I would like to write more. But please, take it from a guy that has been in top 10 worldwide raiding guild in wow, that has tried all the games there are. Give this game a month, so that you understand its complexity, and I doubt you will search for any other game to play.

Im not good at writing motivational things, so all I can say it... this game made my gaming life complete.. and I think it will take many of you to the fun games can mean in your life. No need to thank me. Im a gamer, as are you. We help. Have fun.

P.S   It has 30 million downloads, so apparantly more people than me reached the same conclusion.

Comments

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

You say you're a gamer.. but have you actually played any other games other than wow?

Anyway, I'll give it a try though I don't particularly like the graphics.

..Cake..

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I will never, ever play a game on a phone.

But hey, glad you enjoy it!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I don't often say things like this, but I don't think playing a new game is what really should be the priority for you OP, there's room for some other changes in your life  I think.  (think "base-jumping) image

But I will look into your suggestion, never really found a phone/tablet game of interest before, maybe this will be the one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Is someone paying this guy, with all that time gameplaying.....he obviously can't be working.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Ahhhhh...no thank you
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by papagelos

It is exceptionally rare for me to make forum posts like this, but I consider this important for my fellow gamers.

I stopped reading there - 3 posts in 14 months...

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    imagameradd / 10.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Lame advertise , reported
  • papagelospapagelos Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by sgel

You say you're a gamer.. but have you actually played any other games other than wow?

Anyway, I'll give it a try though I don't particularly like the graphics.

I MIGHT hold the world record in that aspect. I believe I played every released game between 1982 and 1995. Then the amount of released games became too large, since computers got way more popular.

After that I probably only tried 15-20 new games per week.

My schedule would look something like

10-16 play new games.

16-23 play wow

23-04 Play those games I liked that are not WoW

04-10 sleep.

My schedule now?

10-04 - play summoners war.

04-10 sleep.

I gave up on GW2, ESO, WOW, LOTR etc etc. Summoners war is by far the most rewarding of the bunch.

But the farming needed to progress high is insane.

I stopped reading there - 3 posts in 14 months...

Is that not rare?

Also, none of my staggering 3 posts ever recommended a game.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Is that not rare?

Also, none of my staggering 3 posts ever recommended a game.

I know. I looked. You seemed to be having some horseless noob ESO issues last year :)

Good on you that you've found a game you enjoy so much however unlikely the source. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Boneserino

I will never, ever play a game on a phone.

But hey, glad you enjoy it!

I dont enjoy it on a phone either.

But since its compatible with both IOS and Android, you can use any of the new tablets with super-high resolution, and thats quite acceptable.

Originally posted by Kyleran

I don't often say things like this, but I don't think playing a new game is what really should be the priority for you OP, there's room for some other changes in your life  I think.  (think "base-jumping) image

But I will look into your suggestion, never really found a phone/tablet game of interest before, maybe this will be the one.

Haha. Sorry. No basejump.

I was born a gamer, and will die a gamer.

I been in gaming since the beginning. I've played Civ 1 beta against Sid Meier, I've been the sysop of the worlds largest BBS. In gaming I have visited the far reaches of the universe, and I have been an ant deep beneath the earth.

Gaming is life.

Gaming is me.

Originally posted by DevilSeph
    Lame advertise , reported

Now... I might be mistaken, but is this not a forum for people that are looking for new games to play.

And for people to recommend games to these people.

And you want to report me... for doing... what Im supposed to be doing in this forum...

Meh.. better report yourself, you contribute nothing this way to the very function of this forum.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I've tried this game. I actually do a small amount of gaming on my tab s. I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but I must warn others... unless you have 10 hours a day to grind away at this nonsense, it's a cash grab. I don't find it hard to believe that someone who actually has that kind of time to play games really digs it. I'm more of a casual gamer as I have a family, job and baseball to coach with my son. So it's not really for me.  It's OK to pass time while shitting or something, but other then that.. it's designed to take your  money. Like most mobile games. 

I do enojoy reading about gamers who find happiness though. So congrats! 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Oziius

baseball to coach with my son.

Totally off topic, but looking at your profile picture, is your son not a bit too young to play baseball already (or is the picture just very old? :D)

Originally posted by krage

Thanks for reminding me why I seldom post on forums.

Usually, when someone is posting, with the sole purpose of helping others,

such posts are a few rare times met by thanks from people, but more often by toxic trolls, mouth breathers, knuckle draggers, sarcasm and idiocy.

Guess which of the above you classify as.

HINT: It isn't the guy that says thanks for trying to help.

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

Game looks like its for the younger crowd. 12 year old girls might like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.smon.normal.freefull.google.kr.android.common&hl=en

Originally posted by Oziius

I've tried this game. I actually do a small amount of gaming on my tab s. I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but I must warn others... unless you have 10 hours a day to grind away at this nonsense, it's a cash grab. I don't find it hard to believe that someone who actually has that kind of time to play games really digs it. I'm more of a casual gamer as I have a family, job and baseball to coach with my son. So it's not really for me.  It's OK to pass time while shitting or something, but other then that.. it's designed to take your  money. Like most mobile games. 

I do enojoy reading about gamers who find happiness though. So congrats! 

Very accurate observation.

This game is for hardcore gamers. People that play atleast 5-6 hours every day, preferably more.

And I disagree about the cash grab. While you increase your chances by paying, It is not very hard to compete as a totally f2p player.

The analogy would be lotto. While you might have a larger chance to win the jackpot if you play for 1000 dollars every month, its still that guy that paid one buck that hits it.

Summoners war is designed JUST like that. Its all about chance, and even f2p has a chance to get lucky.

Originally posted by Gyva02

Game looks like its for the younger crowd. 12 year old girls might like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.smon.normal.freefull.google.kr.android.common&hl=en

This is exactly what I asked people in my post not to assume.

Do not be fooled by its appearance.

This game is for hardcore gamers.

Go to reddit and check some of the math needed for min-max just something as the optimal runes. There are millions of build combinations per monster, times 750 monsters, and its exactly like MAGIC THE GATHERING, in that you have to pick the right mons/cards to create synergies against the opponents synergies.

It's as varied as chess, and as challenging in pvp as anything you'll ever played.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    I won't play a game on my phone, at least not an mmo. Its fine for little things to pass the time while I'm waiting for something, but its too small to draw me in. 
    Originally posted by Moirae
    I won't play a game on my phone, at least not an mmo. Its fine for little things to pass the time while I'm waiting for something, but its too small to draw me in. 

If the goal is immersion, yes, this game sucks. Id rather play ESO or Skyrim on my high-end PC.

If the goal is progression of characters in order to feel a sense of accomplishment, I can do that on a small screen. It doesnt diminish the feeling at all.

90% of my playtime I put it on auto-combat anyways, for grinding, and the 10% I play like chess, planning every single move extremely carefully.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Sorry but if you truly played as many games as you claim, you'd know summoners war is a poor cash shop imitation of better games in that genre.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427
    Originally posted by krage

Thanks for reminding me why I seldom post on forums.

Usually, when someone is posting, with the sole purpose of helping others,

such posts are a few rare times met by thanks from people, but more often by toxic trolls, mouth breathers, knuckle draggers, sarcasm and idiocy.

Guess which of the above you classify as.

HINT: It isn't the guy that says thanks for trying to help.

Thanks for trying to help, but in your OP you came across as a shill so I replied as such with a single image declaring my opinion on your OP.