Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long Time Subscriber - Honest Opinion on the Game

2»

Comments

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

I'm not going to write a lengthy review of my own, but I disagree with the OP.  

This is currently one of most immersive MMO's out there.  There is an amazing amount of PvE content that I can complete without having to roll an alt.  (some think this is a down side that I can do all PvE content on one character, but I don't.)  The storytelling and quests, exploration, all done with great care and quality and in my opinion there isn't anything better out there in looks, feel, or player progression.

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10, particularly in light of the changes with patch 1.6 (basically ESO 2.0) which should launch this coming Monday.

Considering the OP has played for almost a year, I just find it funny that he would give the game this kind of score.  Sounds more like burnout.

Indeed. Questing is enjoyable. The world and narrative focus is its strength. But nobody can deny end-game is a bloody mess, the Veteran system is awful and a really bad way to try and prolong the game. At least they are slowly undoing that system.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Tutu2
    Originally posted by NomadMorlock

I'm not going to write a lengthy review of my own, but I disagree with the OP.  

This is currently one of most immersive MMO's out there.  There is an amazing amount of PvE content that I can complete without having to roll an alt.  (some think this is a down side that I can do all PvE content on one character, but I don't.)  The storytelling and quests, exploration, all done with great care and quality and in my opinion there isn't anything better out there in looks, feel, or player progression.

I would give it an 8.5 out of 10, particularly in light of the changes with patch 1.6 (basically ESO 2.0) which should launch this coming Monday.

Considering the OP has played for almost a year, I just find it funny that he would give the game this kind of score.  Sounds more like burnout.

Indeed. Questing is enjoyable. The world and narrative focus is its strength. But nobody can deny end-game is a bloody mess, the Veteran system is awful and a really bad way to try and prolong the game. At least they are slowly undoing that system.

Agreed! I'm not sure who came up with the vet system, but DAMN!!!!! I talk a lot about artificially inflating a game, but that's just downright the worst! You could make the case that D3 does the same thing, but at least that's a 10-hour or 15-hour playthrough, not hundreds! 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Thanks everyone for your opinion of ESO. This is one MMORPG I have yet to play and I will be trying it out April 16th. I appreciate everyone's comments and thanks for sharing. How Zenimax has done things has surprised me... and now I admit I may have misjudged them when in the past I decided not to play ESO. Time to give them a fair shake.

I look forward to experiencing this game and finding out what was meant by the comment about "Bows" not being what some hoped for. My plan IS to play an Archer (Nightblade) so wish me luck. I always gravitate to Archer in ES games so I figure might as well just concentrate (as well as gaining skill in whatever I think I *might* use later)

See you during the craziness of Beta Tester Welcome Back Weekend. If ESO is now as good as some of you say I may just make ESO my new pasttime  ;)

• minideedminideed Member UncommonPosts: 32

Played for 2 days during the free weekend and I still did not find anything interesting to actually make me want to buy into it. PvE was boring with dull NPC's, hardly any story and mind numbing "go here do this" quests. They should have just taken Skyrim and turned it into an MMORPG instead of creating this lifeless game.

Just my opinion but I still think the game stinks and was no fun at all.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Re the vet system, I love it but I am one of those players that hates alts and wants to invest thousands of hours in a char do having 400 hours of questing to reward me for exploring the whole world (it's a journey and a half lol, j want to pvp! :)) So many games in recent years I have got to end game in a couple weeks and that it, instance time - that's why it's so difficult to get attached to a world. Tbh even if the vet system is not someone's cup of tea, at least it's different, I would rather that than a smooth quest hub xp race.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Honestly...

What makes this an "honest" opinion?   Did you take a lie detector test before you wrote it?

It's just an opinion.

And if it was honest you would have given the the game a 6.5 to 7 score.

Honestly...

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Long time subscriber and yet scores it 5.5, odd.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Or put it this way, the game had kept his attention for over a year, and yet this length of time warrants a 5.5. Honest really.

• kalimar42kalimar42 Member Posts: 19

Some people will never be happy about a game no matter what.  I started gaming in the late 70's, and if you think games today could be better, LOL.  If you don't like a game just move on and try something else. No one is making you play a game you don't like. 

Waiting for the ps 4 beta. :)

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    No story? Have no clue how you get that. Way more and better story than Skyrim.
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Horusra
    No story? Have no clue how you get that. Way more and better story than Skyrim.

I agree with this.  Skyrim felt very shallow to me and the main story really didn't interest me very much.  Elder Scroll Online's main story engaged me much more than Skyrim.  Besides the main story line, ESO has other interesting stories if you take the time to listen to all the dialogue.