Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confirmed: SWTOR officially 100% NOT canon.

The argument is over.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/04/star-wars-celebration-anaheim-regarding-the-canon.html

•An LSG credit on a work does not necessarily mean that the work is canon (The Old Republic being an example).

•Canon Old Republic Era stories are not planned for the immediate future, but could happen eventually.

http://www.starwars.com/news/swca-one-big-story-star-wars-canon-panel-liveblog

StarWars.com Team a day ago

Are The Old Republic expansions canon?

StarWars.com Team a day ago

No — BioWare “has created their own universe that is so fantastic,” we’re not going to change it, says Hidalgo.

<div id="liveblog-entry-473" byuser="" comment-author-dbrooks="" even="" thread-even="" depth-1="" liveblog-entry"="" data-timestamp="1429312348">

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!

Comments

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 408
    what argument?  
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,931
    Canon applies to religions, not video games.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,634

I never thought they would be, so it doesn't change anything for me.

The TOR-verse has a Sith Emperor that's capable of devouring entire planets, another world eating beasty that's trapped inside a planet's core, and some weird magi-tech space stations that are capable of constructing infinite droid armies from nothing.

There was no way Disney was ever going to incorporate those levels of power into their universe and make Palpatine look like a wuss.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Kyleran

That's only one definition of canon. It defiently applies to video games, anything with a narrative can have canon.

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,944
    The Old Republic is a better setting with better characters than anything that isn't named "A new hope" or "Empire strikes back".

Plus, if I were you, I'd reread those statements carefully. Even if it's not Canon, Tor got its own astral pocket. Which is...unusual thing for lsg to do tbh.
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,509
    Considering how bad most of the "canon" lore is for Star Wars, I don't really think this is a bad thing. 
  • shibonoryushibonoryu Member Posts: 23

It hasn't been canon since Disney moved the extended universe out of canon.

If you were still arguing whether it was canon, you're just too stupid for words really.

The only thing's that are considered canon now are Episodes 1-6, Clone Wars show and movie, Rebels, and only about 10 current novels.

Everything else is considered Legends.

• justmemyselfandijustmemyselfandi Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by shibonoryu

If you were still arguing whether it was canon, you're just too stupid for words really.

The only thing's that are considered canon now are Episodes 1-6, Clone Wars show and movie, Rebels, and only about 10 current novels.

I've been one of the "is not canon" group even before the Disney buyout. Seeing the EU get shoved out the airlock was alone  one of my happiest Star Wars moments. Long live Disney, so long Lucas.

Star Wars The Old Republic Referral http://www.swtor.com/r/V7xMPn
    Free 7 days of sub time, unlocks, and items!
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,944
    Even swtor? Even Knights of the Empire? I could find a dozen of good things which were sacced. But I agree that they were diamonds in a rough. There was just too much shovelware.

And do keep in mind, most things that I cherish about SW are NOT prequels or have anything to do with them. It's either ep 4+5 OR Tor. I don't need anything else really.

Ok I'm lying through my teeth. Zabrak were obviously the creation of episode one(master Koth, Darth Maul) and they are...awesome!
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

I've been one of the "is not canon" group even before the Disney buyout. Seeing the EU get shoved out the airlock was alone  one of my happiest Star Wars moments. Long live Disney, so long Lucas.

hey hey now, I really liked the thrawn books.

• shibonoryushibonoryu Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by justmemyselfandi

I like a lot of pre-movie era stuff. Especially the Darth Bane trilogy.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Kyleran

HOW DARE YOU, SIR!!!!!!

Star Wars is totes a religion.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.