Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What if..Thread. Wow Classic / WOW BC / WOW WOTLK Server release

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

So what if?

What if Blizzard said we are going to launch 3 servers initially 1 Vanilla WOW / 1 BC + 1 Wotlk. Subscription terms and prices would remain as they currently are however if sub numbers increased the potential to put up more servers could happen.

It would be a true Vanilla / BC / Wotlk  experience as it once was.

I have to admit despite being much older I would definitely be well up for having another go.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    no thanks.
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    F2P yes, P2P no.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I wouldn't care. Progression server, yes, server stuck in the past forever, no thanks.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'd only do this if the servers progressed, expansion a year maybe?

Vanilla is great and all, but it wouldn't be so great once the raids have been done, the server would just die off after interest fades.

I'd absolutely adore slowly re-experiencing the releases again though.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

I don't think even Blizzard kept the original version of their game... it's been reinvented so many times it had to have been overwritten a long time ago.

You really don't want old WoW... if you did, you'd all be playing on the private servers... for free.  They've been around as long as WoW itself.  If Blizzard saw 50,000 people playing on them, they might not have sliced and diced up their game they way they have.  But you're lucky if you have 2,000 total accounts on any one of them... the numbers just don't support the idea at all in practice.

• anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by DonY81

So what if?

What if Blizzard said we are going to launch 3 servers initially 1 Vanilla WOW / 1 BC + 1 Wotlk. Subscription terms and prices would remain as they currently are however if sub numbers increased the potential to put up more servers could happen.

It would be a true Vanilla / BC / Wotlk  experience as it once was.

I have to admit despite being much older I would definitely be well up for having another go.

This wouldn't work as it would split the community too much for the servers to be viable.  No matter what kind of revenue model they introduced this would only result in a loss of money for Blizzard.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Yup been running for years, classic vanilla servers, classic tbc servers. Googling top 100 private wow servers - job done.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    been playing them for years... still am.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

I would play vanilla WoW and/or BC if they removed battlegrounds and created similar scenarios in the open world.  Like good old tarren mill days but with many different "maps" and a rewards system.

Back in classic WoW I thought for sure they were going to add some incentives to sieging faction cities and major outposts.  It was my dream, but instead they decided to expand further on the themepark angle.