Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars 7 Teaser Trailer #2, Thoughts anyone?

ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334

I think its pretty good but I'm not a fan of the script direction they are going for, If I had my way I would go for a darker version of star wars, I know PG-13 opens up a more broad audience and all but its not my cup of tea. I want star wars to start catering to adults but there are options there they could do, release real time shows and not kiddy cartoons this time. 

Obviously the star wars universe has grown much more complex so you can do almost everything with this franchise, make several shows without the focus of the jedi sith empire and republic etc. Its not just about the tragedy of the chosen one this time George Lucas. Theres several hidden stories yet to be discovered, endless possibilities.

I think its too similar to what star wars did before, its like they are afraid to do something different. You can almost compare it to mmos copying WoW, afraid to do something different.

Kylo Ren looks like an obvious reference to Revan. non-canon section of star wars.

I would rate it 7/10, thats the trailer of course.

Not every star wars fan agree with each other, the fanbase will always be split in some way, so what are your thoughts and opinions on the trailer?

SW 7 Teaser 2

The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Somehow I am not whelmed with the new Star Wars. Beats me why, but I don't feel the Hype. Mind ya, I am really a BIG Star Wars fan as it gets. I read dozens of books, played almost all SW video games, I have several replicas; heck I even liked the Prequel Trilogy!

But this new SW films... I don't feel the Force tingling in them.

The original 6 films were one story arc from beginning to end. Why would I care what happened after the heroes triumphed in the end? Would any new rise of the Sith Empire not cheapen the achievement of Luke, Han and Leia?

And then these new character... I don't really care. Finn, Poe and Rey, they are just nobodies to me. Qui-Gon was new, but he was Obi-Wans mentor, so even if the characters in the Prequels were new too, they were connected, embedded in the overall story of Anakin Skywalker and the rise to power of Palpatine, the rise and fall of the Empire. The original Hexagoly revolved around this story. But these new dudes? Why would I care about them?

And whatever you think of George Lucas, his characters all had the specific StarWarsy feeling, including the typically wooden acting. But do I trust JJ Abrams can create such characters? So far, he just proved via Star TREK that he has zero understanding how to preserve the spirit of a series. NONE of the Star Trek characters or story-arcs from Abrams were even remotely interesting to me.

Finally... sorry to say but the cast of the original films are just too old. Han Solo with 75 still doing heroics while polishing his dentures? Somehow I am not convinced, especially Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher look horribly "worn". I know some will call "blasphemy", but I think it would have made way more sense to say, ok the new Trilogiy is 10-15 years after Episode VI and we re-cast the characters with new, younger actors. That was the only good thing Abrams did with the Star Trek movies, because I found the new actors really fit those roles pretty well. But 70+ year old heroes as cameo/figleaf to promote totally unknown strangers?

Sorry, so far I don't feel the Force speaks to me in this.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

hahaha sorry guy's I can't wait to see the movie.

I'll be expecting different star wars experiance from the spin-off movies or even some upcoming new tv series. Hopefully more gritty/darker.

But as a new movie EP I really do not expect anything different then what is shown in the trailers. It got me excited. Really had a big smile at  "We are home"  I mean Chewwy and Han together? and you guy's don't like?

Maybe I look at each medium differently. Love SW books but never could compare books with movies. so if I would want a more in depth SW adventure my medium would be books.

I want to be amazed on the big screen, true to the saga of Star Wars films, atleast I feel all other mediums besides the main movies are the things that gave the Star Wars franchise much more depth.

All in all loved the teasers and as said can't wait.....

• ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by Elikal

The original 6 films were one story arc from beginning to end. Why would I care what happened after the heroes triumphed in the end? Would any new rise of the Sith Empire not cheapen the achievement of Luke, Han and Leia?

Thats what I'm thinking, in my opinion they should have left the ending at 6 and start a whole new series discover undiscovered stories, do something really different. When they rerelease the 1-6 star wars movies I think they should rename it to chosen one 1-chosen one 6 instead of calling them episodes. Then go ahead and start something different, I'm not a fan of the rebel faction I never was because I never liked non-established factions, heck even Black Sun is probably a more established faction then them lol. Or you can even argue the Tusken Raiders are a better faction than the rebels lol. 

Anyways, I know its not my company so idc what they do, I accept in my mind whats canon to me and non-canon to me, idc what disney considers canon and non-canon. Eventually I'm going to write my own script and story, its going to be fun.

The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.