Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game without fighting?

Kill, kill, kill. Is there any good game without fighting? No PvP, no "monsters". Build, trade, develop, etc ok, but kinda sick of killing stuff. Not to mention the bad signals this give to people of our civilization (even if homo homo sapiens in rl use violence as first mean mostly, democratic or non-democratic ...). Get a gun and gain power?!?!

Suggestions plz?

Comments

• siluxsilux Member Posts: 1

Well I'm not sure if this is really what you are looking for and its by no means done but you may want to check out http://wakingdream.sf.net/ This is a MMORPG which is still in its design stage. It will be released for free and be completely open source. They do have an entire Trade (similar to classes) of non combat players. You might want to check it out and let them know what you think.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Have you tried the SIM's online? Not allot of fighting. 

I hear SIM's players are generally more supectable to social commentary.

-=-=-=-=-
    "EQ was once a great game. I wont deny it, but so was Astroids. And just like Pong, EQ is obsolete by newer game standards."

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• KodogKodog Member Posts: 36

Try  A Tale in the Desert, theres no fighting... www.atitd.com

• SquareSquare Member Posts: 254
    Yes, ATITD. I can be your mentor if you're interested.

-----------------------
    Screw ENIX

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

• FlamingBoiFlamingBoi Member Posts: 206
    i wana play a tale in a desert too.. but.. it only has 24 hour free trial.. and i dun think i can pay.. anywayz.. i want u to be my mentor.. i may play.. do u have msn?

• StukovStukov Member Posts: 180
    Heh, yep, ATITD would be the one I think of. And trust me, the 24 hours is enough to decide whether or not its your kind of game

• BagItTagItBagItTagIt Member Posts: 164

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this Tale in the Desert?  Or if you guys definitely recommend trying it...just an inquiring mind..

It isn't for everyone, but I absolutely love it. My MSN name is [email protected]

-----------------------
    Screw ENIX

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

At work and have to stick to only internet here.  They frown upon messangers of a any kind.  total crap! 

What can you tell me, if anything, that's special about it?

(the game I mean, not MSN...heh)

Read some of the reviews, they say it better than I can: http://www.atitd.com/articles.html 

MMORPG.com has a review as well

-----------------------
    Screw ENIX

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

• TranquilityTranquility Member Posts: 171

ATITD is a great game. It wasnt for me and probably not for a lot of players, but i really applaud the dev's for making this game work the way it does. My only advice to people thinking about trying it is : TRY IT ! You will figure out if you like it or not before the 24 hours are over, and untill then i bet allmost everybody will have some fun with it. At least i had.

thanks for the info!  I'm going to try to give it a quick run if I get the chance over the holiday.....lookin forward to it!

:)

• HieronymousHieronymous Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Try Toon Town.

"Definition of a scientist - A man who understands nothing till there was nothing left to understand" - Matthias (The Omega Man)

• TarquethTarqueth Member UncommonPosts: 26
    The only games I know of that have absolutley no violence in them but have good graphics are Myst and Riven.  Put out by Cyan.  Niether are online and are NOT MMORPG's.

~Tarqueth~

~Tarqueth~