Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The next WoW Expansion

SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
You start at max level with raid level gear in your Garrison and click a button to instantly join the next raid. There is no outside world.

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    People don't want MMOs where it requires some skill and effort. 
  • SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by borghive49

I am people -- ok, that's just a personal opinion, I can't easily prove it... ;-P

I do want an MMO that requires some skill and effort.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Originally posted by Smashix

I am people -- ok, that's just a personal opinion, I can't easily prove it... ;-P

How do we know you are not a robot?

How do we know you are not a robot?

It's android, not robot, you insensitive clod!

I, ahem, mean, if I were one, I'd say that.

• gasperkgasperk Member Posts: 84

So, you are telling me its gonna be the same as last expansion ?

World of Garrison.

Originally posted by gasperk

World of Garrison.

Yep, minus any outside world, because what's the point, Blizzard is removing any reasons to go there.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Sweet!!!!! It's about time they did away with that annoying story, always getting in the way of my progress :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by gasperk

World of Garrison.

Yep, minus any outside world, because what's the point, Blizzard is removing any reasons to go there.

Like every other MMO out there? Once devs realized people liked running dungeons grind for gear over and over again they knew they had their hook...

Blame the dungeon runners/gear grinders.

• SephastusSephastus Member UncommonPosts: 455
    If they put the BEST gear at the end of long, involved, but highly entertaining story lines, that require some repetition and perfection, then people would most likely go back to doing that. While raids exist to receive the best in the game, there will be no reason to do anything else.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

They don't need a new expansion, they need WOW2!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    all raids have a single player mode so you won't have to wait for a tank or healer
    Originally posted by Tokken

Yeah but the cancelled Titan, so we're stuck with WoW for a while to come.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Tokken

True, but I suspect now that Titan is cancelled and WoW is still doing very well.  They would be fools not to make a WoW2.  But, I think they are waiting for EQN to come out so they can blizzafy some of that games ideas.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Return of the Lich King would be worth it for the lore alone even if it played like a FB app.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Smashix Originally posted by Tokken They don't need a new expansion, they need WOW2!
    Project Titan was NOTHING like WoW - it wasn't even a MMORPG - it was more of a MMO - this from a blizzard employee who actually played Project Titan while in development.

Blizzard has no intention to make another game that would compete with WoW  at this time  - look at their upcoming/recent games - MOBA, shooter, card game.

Notice something - they are all different genres - so was Titan - it was an entirely different genre from WoW/fantasy MMORPG.

From all sources, Titan was indeed an mmorpg.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    You start at max level with raid level gear in your Garrison and click a button to instantly join the next raid. There is no outside world.

So we still have to push buttons?  No thanks!!!!!

:D

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Next WoW expansion will be bizarro world, you start off with BiS everything but every time you move your character your gear breaks and you de-level.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I predict the next wow expansion will extend the lobby features to include the new 'raid builder'. Using a menu you get to build a raid by selecting what bosses you want and in what order. You can obviously access ths raid from your garrison and you can group th bosses together to aoe them down.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    and you can group the bosses together to aoe them down.

This part made me laugh xD. 

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

why complain about this?

Timetravel will be the future.. You can revisit not only dungeons but also do a lot of single player content from the past... And all starts in your garrison..

This whole expansion is garrison... makes you wonder where the next expansion will be going?   I guess it will be called back to the future

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

I'ma make a crazy prediction about the story in which a half dozen or so Warcraft characters will be corrupted and turned into raid bosses.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

WoW will never go away in our lifetime.  It will continue to morph into some kind hybrid monstrosity.  A perpetual nightmare that just refuses to go away.  *breaks out in sweat*

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Yup I give if it 10 years - what's that tier 50ish? Now that's something to look forward to!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

I keep reading reading that one of the benefits of the dated WoW graphics is that the game runs on older machines.  Come on, new whizz-bang-flashy games sell in their millions.  How many people are we catering for here?

I'd like Blizzard to create WoW2, but call it an expansion so that every player migrates over to it - in fact, they could make it free to existing subscribers (keep the sub but no one-off purchase) to ensure that everyone keeps paying ther sub, closing down WoW1 and giving us a new game which:-

• Has better graphics
    • Learns from some of the poor decisions made in the development of WoW
    • Gives us a whole new world to play in instead of just adding land
    • Gives us all new quests, recipes, professions etc.

Yes, Blizzard will have to fund the cost of development, but their existing subs would easily cover that - then people just move across to WoW2 (which would no doubt bring back former players as well.  We know that WoW2 would be a sound financial move.

By creating a character boost to level 90,  Blizzard are in effect saying that all previous content is dead - so time for a full overhaul, keep up with the times and repay the millions of loyal customers who are due for a proper game development that isn't just sitting in Garrisons in a queue, which for many, it's now the single most used route to progressing your character.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

ever tried leaving the lfr queue and to start a raid on your own? maybe even mythic?

lemme know how that experiment ended and how little skill you needed to complete it, thanks in advance.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"