Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infestation: Survivor Stories(WARZ) changes it's name yet again, and sells Early Access yet again!

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Seriously I am not making this up, Infestation: Survivor Stories is changing it's name yet again, now it will be called "ROMERO’S: AFTERMATH". And now is selling Early Access, as they are going back into early access alpha yet again.

Apparently the game is going to use new code with additional features and better gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQWn1jcz3N4

https://www.willyousurvive.com/index-2-getgame.php

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    And gamers will continue to give them money. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Kumapon

Seriously I am not making this up, Infestation: Survivor Stories is changing it's name yet again, now it will be called "ROMERO’S: AFTERMATH". 

Attaching another big name in the genre to their title again eh?

Sounds like another World War Z fiasco in the making, with Romero telling them to change their name this time, or sueing them. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KagnestiKagnesti Member UncommonPosts: 37

actually im playing the game right now and its so much better then the fail ISS, and i bought the legendary pack for warZ as soon as the alpha started. aftermath has a good crafting system in that you can craft some actually good weapons, including guns, 5.56 ammo, and 7.62 ammo.

they have 3 modes of play but only 2 are active right now, PvP enabled servers and 3 servers that have absulutely no PvP in them aka PvE servers. the third type of play is a special PvP mode that they do not have enabled right now, basicly like last man standing.

the map is entirely different from ISS and mostly desert, 1 large city and 1 midium sized city, with military bases doted across the map along with small camp sites.

there is still room for improvement on aftermath so be aware of what you are buying, THEY DID FAIL HORRENDOUSLY ON THE FIRST GAME THEY RELEASED!

aftermath is its own studio with its own rights on developing its own game.

and Romero's son is actually helping develop the game http://forum.willyousurvive.com/index.php?/topic/965-george-cameron-romero-takes-over-aftermath/

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by Kagnesti

actually im playing the game right now and its so much better then the fail ISS, and i bought the legendary pack for warZ as soon as the alpha started. aftermath has a good crafting system in that you can craft some actually good weapons, including guns, 5.56 ammo, and 7.62 ammo.

they have 3 modes of play but only 2 are active right now, PvP enabled servers and 3 servers that have absulutely no PvP in them aka PvE servers. the third type of play is a special PvP mode that they do not have enabled right now, basicly like last man standing.

the map is entirely different from ISS and mostly desert, 1 large city and 1 midium sized city, with military bases doted across the map along with small camp sites.

there is still room for improvement on aftermath so be aware of what you are buying, THEY DID FAIL HORRENDOUSLY ON THE FIRST GAME THEY RELEASED!

and Romero's son is actually helping develop the game http://forum.willyousurvive.com/index.php?/topic/965-george-cameron-romero-takes-over-aftermath/

So basically its trying to be H1Z1. Crafting, A battle royale mode ( last man standing).... whats next??

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

That is pretty cool!

And nice to hear that they've learned from their past mistakes!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

I've been hearing this from many of the new players already, but some people have been looking into this game's background because their claims that

"Unfortunately, it was impossible to make the modifications to the existing game under the partnership with Infestation's publisher – OP Productions LLC. We had to leave and start from scratch."

But from what people have found is that OP Productions LLC has the SAME LAWYER as their new publisher: Free Reign East LLC. Steven Bercu. He filed the Trademark for The War Z, Infestation, Infestation: Survivor Stories, Nether (another FPS "survival game" that the developers swear up and down have no relation or work with The War Z guys), and Aftermath.

Furthermore, if their claim to leave and start from scratch had any validity to it, how are they able to keep up with giving their new game for free to all Infestation purchasers? Their publisher allowed them to walk away with the accounts list database so that they could provide those who have Infestation accounts with a copy of the new game? Much of the information behind these guys points to OP Productions and Free Reign East to both be shell companies (i.e. fake publishers) for these same developers. They use the same lawyer, even though OP Productions is out of DE, Free Reign East is out of DE, and the lawyer is out of MA; coincidence? Not at all.

There is no ties severed. They are just lying through their teeth about changing so that they can dump The WarZ/Infestation and act like they're new with a new product. Their contact and legal department for OP Productions is at The Corporation Trust Company of Delaware,nothing more than a business registration company that is very similar to Harvard Business Services in Delaware, of which Aftermath's Free Reign East is dealt out of.

I've been hearing this from many of the new players already, but some people have been looking into this game's background because their claims that

"Unfortunately, it was impossible to make the modifications to the existing game under the partnership with Infestation's publisher – OP Productions LLC. We had to leave and start from scratch."

But from what people have found is that OP Productions LLC has the SAME LAWYER as their new publisher: Free Reign East LLC. Steven Bercu. He filed the Trademark for The War Z, Infestation, Infestation: Survivor Stories, Nether (another FPS "survival game" that the developers swear up and down have no relation or work with The War Z guys), and Aftermath.

Furthermore, if their claim to leave and start from scratch had any validity to it, how are they able to keep up with giving their new game for free to all Infestation purchasers? Their publisher allowed them to walk away with the accounts list database so that they could provide those who have Infestation accounts with a copy of the new game? Much of the information behind these guys points to OP Productions and Free Reign East to both be shell companies (i.e. fake publishers) for these same developers. They use the same lawyer, even though OP Productions is out of DE, Free Reign East is out of DE, and the lawyer is out of MA; coincidence? Not at all.

There is no ties severed. They are just lying through their teeth about changing so that they can dump The WarZ/Infestation and act like they're new with a new product. Their contact and legal department for OP Productions is at The Corporation Trust Company of Delaware,nothing more than a business registration company that is very similar to Harvard Business Services in Delaware, of which Aftermath's Free Reign East is dealt out of.

that very well may be true with no way to disprove it unless someone on the inside comes clean.

still say it is a massive improvement over the first game.

Originally posted by Stizzled
    I like how access to the Alpha is listed as "Free", yet to get access you have to have bought Infestation, played it for at least 100 hours and also bought $25 worth of cash shop money. Not exactly what I would call free, but whatever. At least the game will be free at launch, so at least a person can check it out before they buy this time, that is unless it only remains "Free" to Infestation players. If that's the case then nope, not even going to think about touching it.
    the "free" is only for those that were loyal enough to play ISS for a long time, or those that have actually put money on it. even as a legendary owner you are not guaranteed access unless you paid some extra money for in game currency or you played it for at least 50 hours.

this game will not be free even after release, you will have to pay the minimum amount, $20, to be able to play it and that is all it is worth right now.

i myself have put in well over 150 hours into ISS but just completely stopped after the hacker wave ruined everything about it. the last time i logged into it was roughly 3 months ago when i wanted to check if anythings changed, there was less hackers but was still not worth the money. but because i paid for legendary and did not spend a single cash currency i had over 11000GC.

the most fun time i had in ISS was when the alpha was just released for those that paid for the top 2 packs then logging in to the game with everyone spawning in the same little area and killing eachother with flashlights, those were the days.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

that very well may be true with no way to disprove it unless someone on the inside comes clean.

still say it is a massive improvement over the first game.

As much as I want to laugh and make snide comments....I hope Sergey Titov and his staff actually has their stuff figured out. It would be nice to have a good zombie survival mmo type game.

I trust them about as far as I can throw them though so...I'll wait and see.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I just downloaded my Alpha copy and at first glance, it looks and resembles ISS a lot.  Didn't they mention in their video that it was entirely built up from scratch?  If this is the truth, odd that so much seems identical.  Will try playing it later when I have a bit more time.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    It's the exact same game as far as I can tell. This whole notion of it being a "new" game is just BS.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Not this time Sergey

They must really think us gamers are stupid.  This new game is all over their website and facebook page.  There is no way its a NEW game by a DIFFERENT developer group.  They can start all the LLC's they want but in the end, its Sergey Titov behind the curtain counting the money.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD