Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Offline vs Online Mode

Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787

I really hope that the Offline Campaign has no impact whatsoever on any online statistiks or equipment.

Offline is dangerous, in a matter of time (and Time in this case means <2 Days) there will be a trainer that could give you all achievements, may it any type of credits, ranks, points ...etc with a single mouseclick.

Better they do a "semi offline mode" like it's done in Diablo III

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
The cake is a lie.

Comments

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    So... Hacks and cheats for the offline mode (all ships etc)?

Bet they drop the offline mode as it sounds like it would stop them selling you stuff.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

iirc they did say that at the end of the single player campaign you would get a ship to use in the online game.

..Cake..

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by sgel

iirc they did say that at the end of the single player campaign you would get a ship to use in the online game.

That would be the Aurora allrounder-starter-ship with basic equipment. Not much IMHO.

In EVE I have approx a half dozen ships (frigates, destroyers, cruiser), lots of equipment, lots of skillbooks and a nice sum of money at the end of the new-player-Sisters-of-EVE-newbie-campaign.

Have fun

PS:

>>>>    So... Hacks and cheats for the offline mode (all ships etc)?   >>>>

On a private server you can pretty much do whatever you want. I expect such "all ships" hacks almost on day 1 on private servers. As they are not linked to the Persistent Universe, it won't affect the rest of the players. Maybe there will be some kind of "Punkbuster" program on private SC servers soon ... ?

• TswordZTswordZ Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I remember the only thing you have after ending the campaign is Citizenship and some reputation. Of course, also the ship and credits tha comes with your pledge, but I guess that's everything. Not so important really for the Persistent Universe.