Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Chase: Service Ends in NA Today

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

KOG Games has announced that today marks the final day of service for Grand Chase in North America. Grand Chase has been running for the past seven years and to thank the community, the team will be hosting a special live stream event to say goodbye.

Read more about special events and the live stream (6-9 pm Pacific tonight) on the Grand Chase site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    another one bite the dust. That is the risk i am not willing to take anymore with F2P. All the people who supported this game just wasted their money.

• XxeroxXxerox Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    another one bite the dust. That is the risk i am not willing to take anymore with F2P. All the people who supported this game just wasted their money.

Everything has to end soon or later. Best MMO's i have ever played are those with actual ending. Where if everyone unite and do something that they are supposed to do from the start of the game, the game litteraly ends.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Nevermind, they will probably re-release it in 6 months time with a whole new selection of great value "Starter Packs" available...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Xxerox

Everything has to end soon or later. Best MMO's i have ever played are those with actual ending. Where if everyone unite and do something that they are supposed to do from the start of the game, the game litteraly ends.

That is an epic experience in single player (and coop) games. If an mmorpg literally comes to an end, whats the point of investing time and money in it? A single player game has a set price, you beat the game, you got your moneys worth. On the other hand, an mmo is constantly going, and you are constantly paying to keep the servers alive, if it ends just like a single player game then that was the biggest scam ever.

Its my opinion of course, i rather not take that risk and invest on games that i can still play after paying for them regardless of servers dying.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Nevermind, they will probably re-release it in 6 months time with a whole new selection of great value "Starter Packs" available...

Probably under a new publisher with a different name.  These f2p games just seem to bop around from publisher to publisher with a different branding.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Grand Chase was up for 7 years.  I wouldn't exactly call that "bop"ing from publisher to publisher.

Elsword, its sequel/spiritual successor, was originally published by someone else though. I forget for how long.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I kind of agree, but if they were entertained then it wasn't wasted money. /shrug 

Good luck to those who played this though! I personally had never heard of it.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Amjoco

I kind of agree, but if they were entertained then it wasn't wasted money. /shrug 

Good luck to those who played this though! I personally had never heard of it.

meh it was a boring lobby game really, full of hacks too when I used to see how the game was.

btw I don't really care much about games like this, good games still stay around, or at least games who ahve enought people paying for then be happy with it

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Who...................what?