Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: The Daily Quest - Will You Play WildStar if it goes F2P/B2P?

Comments

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Already bought the box so I'd be fine with either.  I think they'd have more success with a flat-out F2P model.  Friendly one - not SWTOR-esk.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    F2p, sure. B2p if $15 or less
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I was having a great time until I was hacked and lost all my pvp gear. Yes, partially my fault for not using two step authentication.  Still blame carbine for the widespread hacks that occurred though.  This is probably the sole reason I don't play it today.  I actually like the combat and the mass hysteria that were battlegrounds.  I still haven't found a class in any other game that I liked as much as my chua esper.
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Would I play if more people played? Definitely.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Nope.

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

B2P? Surely not. F2P? Most likely still no. There was nothing that really held my interest when i tried it in beta. Played like 10 minutes.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• yonsieyonsie Member UncommonPosts: 8
    yes if f2p, no otherwise 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Doubt it.

Originally posted by Anireth

B2P? Surely not. F2P? Most likely still no. There was nothing that really held my interest when i tried it in beta. Played like 10 minutes.

I hated it in beta too....it's a LOT better now. Try the 10 day trial, you might be surprised. I still don't play it full-time but I definitely dabble.

• DaveyColeDaveyCole Member Posts: 85

I wouldn't play WildStar if it was free. I don't dislike the game out of principal, but the novelty of a cartoon-infused game could barely hold my attention as a mobile game, let alone a fully fledged MMO. I can think of other tasks, less menial, to occupy my time with.

As for ESO, I wouldn't play it for free solely out of principal. This mosaic of bad ideas and poor decisions feels nothing like an Elder Scrolls game to me. Core elements of what everyone wants in an Elder Scrolls game were either planned as later additions to the game or tossed aside and labeled as unimportant.

These companies can keep their games, free or otherwise. Make what the people want and have a steady income, or make a pre-order cash grab that later turns into a freemium game. It seems to be the way to do things these days.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Considering I didn't like the first 30 minutes of it I played in beta, probably not.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Absolutely.  I found the game to be a lot of fun.  I am hoping it goes B2P versus F2P (and I have a hunch it will be the former).
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I play most games if they're free, usually only for 30 minutes or less lol.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    B2P yes!! F2P never!! SWTOR ,LOTRO left a very bad tast in my mouth. Hate how developers spend 90% of there time making stuff for there ingame store and not game content!
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Its obvious carbine has totally lost leadership- and release a backass promotion tactic such as this.

shame on them- and still they havent even adressed their whole angry player base.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Either its B2P or F2P i m going to play it alongside many of my friends who are waiting a long time for this change. My only wish is to stay away of a SWTOR like model which i hate the most. Any of GW2, ESO, TERA, Rift models are more than welcome.

My personal preference is B2P / F2P with optional sub, fluff cash shop (housing items, pets, toys, costumes & costume slots, gathering tools,  dyes, mounts & mount customization items etc) and maintain CREDD in order to exchange real money to gold.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• ziuta69ziuta69 Member Posts: 1

i  think I might try it once more if it goes free to play. I  took a part on  beta release but left after a few hours. Those themeparks are tirin g me so much sadly. Anyway -  I hope it was updated alot by   this year and will give much more fun than last time.

I guess new servers will be popping now, or?

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by ziuta69

i  think I might try it once more if it goes free to play. I  took a part on  beta release but left after a few hours. Those themeparks are tirin g me so much sadly. Anyway -  I hope it was updated alot by   this year and will give much more fun than last time.

I guess new servers will be popping now, or?

Game has changed a lot since launch and its in a very good state anymore. Drop 5 is coming in a few days with even more content and additions like pets, toys, contracts, D3 like wardrobe, raid, zone, new UI etc.

There are 2 megaserervers in each region. 1 PvP + 1 PvE so there wont be new servers.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Originally posted by Salute

Either its B2P or F2P i m going to play it alongside many of my friends who are waiting a long time for this change. My only wish is to stay away of a SWTOR like model which i hate the most. Any of GW2, ESO, TERA, Rift models are more than welcome.

My personal preference is B2P / F2P with optional sub, fluff cash shop (housing items, pets, toys, costumes & costume slots, gathering tools,  dyes, mounts & mount customization items etc) and maintain CREDD in order to exchange real money to gold.

I really wish they would release a multi-gathering tool so I didn't have to use a mod to do it for me. I mean, that's something I would pay like $10 for. 

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    FTP I will install it.  BTP probably not.  I tried beta, and it didn't impress me as much as I thought it would.  I am playing too many games already, and trying to make room for another one means giving up on a different one.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I'd definitely play. I keep a WoW sub since my fiance likes to play that, so I just didn't want to pay a 2nd sub for a game I wouldn't play as much. Otherwise I had a lot of fun in WS.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    No.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I wouldn't play Wildstar even if they payed me to play it.
  • RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212
    I only stopped playing it because my computer isn't good enough to run it.
  • cheeseheadscheeseheads Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Coated
    I wouldn't play Wildstar even if they payed me to play it.

This 1000x.  leave the game for the 'hardcore'