Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Alcatraz Update Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion has announced that the next major update to Defiance will be arriving today, Tuesday, April 14th. Called "Alcatraz", players will have the new Expeditions feature to explore with up to four other players working cooperatively together to defeat ever-increasingly difficult waves of opponents for exponentially better rewards.

The reward will come in the form of special chests that can contain Expeditions' most sought after prizes: Cyber Chips and Cyber Rigs that greatly benefit players.

In addition to the Alcatraz update, Syfy announced that Season 3 of the Defiance serial will kick off on June 12th at 9:00 pm Eastern / 6:00 pm Pacific.

Read more about today's Alcatraz update on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Sweet, I had been wondering when season 3 would be starting!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

During the shoot they said it will start in sometimes the Summer.

I wonder, will they tie the show and the game closer this time than during the first two seasons? This shared launch / announcement could be a nice sign for that... :)

• nirvanetnirvanet Member UncommonPosts: 95

I don't know what to think about this game.

Many times I gone to the website and checked the offers but the various DLC we need to buy stopped me.

(sub + dlc is weird to me)

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by nirvanet

Many times I gone to the website and checked the offers but the various DLC we need to buy stopped me.

rofl i think it's b2p or f2p, they have left the sub months ago ..

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by loulaki
    Originally posted by nirvanet

rofl i think it's b2p or f2p, they have left the sub months ago ..

Maybe roll further away while laughing, sub is still there :)

nirvanet, DLCs are not needed for the fun (true, it's nice to have them), same goes to sub. If you like the show, it worths to download Defiance and give it a try, you can play mostly everything for free. Sub gives a faster advancement, DLCs are giving additional content - but the base content is still enough for 1-2 months, until the season3 starts.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    It's was B2P with DLC long time ago, now is free to play with some DLC + cash shop, but still get free update with out needed to buy DLC.
  • cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    trion dropped the ball with this game ...is it fun of course but as a casual shooter mmo and the tv show is awful how it keeps getting renewed is beyond my comprehension

so say we all

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

So i tried out the new stuff. Still can't communicate with others hardly at all, no open chat anyone can read.  I did 2 expeditions, one locked up and resset. the other i died at the end and did not get a rez in time and it booted me out of the instance, said i was still in group but i could not re enter the instance and again resset on me. 

So i logged back out and said Fook it. I played for months during alpha and  a year and 3 months more after launch. I've given trion every ounce of reasonable time to fix things and nothing is fixed. How do they expect players to have a game when you cant chat with anyone effectively.

No Communication = Solo game and not why i play MMO's.