Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Client won't launch or patch

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I posted about this problem on the tech support forum at WildStar but I often get help quicker from here than the official forums.

Played this morning, no problem. Between this morning's session and trying to patch up this evening:

(1) Updated Nvidia driver for GTA V

(2) W* went down for patch

I'm not sure whether (1) or (2) is the problem, or both.

When I first tried to patch, I got a "Failed!" message. I closed the client and tried again to run as administrator a couple more times and still got failed. I've restarted twice and now I'm getting the "Already updating this directory" system message when I try to launch the client.

I'm on the second day of my ten-day free trial and I really want to get back in game, so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I'm not sure this will help, but I did the patch while the server was down for maintenance. Have you tried the repair feature? On the game launcher there is a tool icon in the upper r/h corner. Repair is on the next page at the bottom.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Are you using wildstar64.exe ? Alternatively try changing regions then after you patch change back.
    Chamber of Chains
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I can't get the client at all. I just get the system message straight away.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I went into the game folder and found a new .exe file which I created a shortcut for and it worked.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Yes that was why I was asking if you go to the folder there are two exe . You pick the other one and mine was wildstar64.exe and it worked. There is also another workaround which you can google but good that you solved it.
    Chamber of Chains