Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eso or ffxiv?

teflenteflen Member UncommonPosts: 6
i recenetly came up looking for a new mmorpg with a good sense of adventure in it and good pvp. i played both games when they first came out and quit because all my friends did but i decided to stick it out and play one again. i own an xbox one and was more leaning toward eso solely for the fact that i can copy my character to xbl..but on the other hand ffxiv was so much fun when i was playing it im torn halp me.

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Only you can decide what you like.  I would do both and then see how it pans out.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    They are 2 completely different games, so without trying them, you won't be able to decide that easilyimage
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

ESO is more PVP  based so if you want to do PVP go that route.  If you like PVE content FFXIV is very good at that.  You can try both and pick the one you like the most.

If you end up on FFXIV Check out my Free Company see if we are a fit for you, if not no problem.  I just am teaching my friends who are new to FFXIV right now and they are enjoying it.  

Character: Helzbelz Hammerfist

World: Siren

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

You can try ESO for free so i dont see the problem, try it, if it doesnt work try FFXIV.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Malabooga

You can try ESO for free so i dont see the problem, try it, if it doesnt work try FFXIV.

Actually, I think there is only a free trial to ESO if you beta tested it and maybe just this weekend?  FFXIV actually has a free trial for everyone. Well at least for the U.S..

http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• paladin016paladin016 Member Posts: 27

depends on your combat preference.

FF14 feels like a traditional mmo trinity with 100's of abilities, can be relateable to rift/WoW.

TESO feels like gw2 combat. You need to land ur hits. 

FF14 is very themeparky and you're following a set path but it's very interesting until ur 30's where it becomes a grind.

Teso is lore based and is very interesting to follow if you played oblivion and skyrim

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Well... you say FFXIV was so much fun when you were playing it, while the only thing ESO seems to have going for it is that you get to keep your character. So you're probably better off with FFXIV.

Although I personally prefer ESO. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Final Fantasy because of the team behind it that keep adding content. ESO is also a good game but it just got boring to me.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    If you have the slightest interest in PvP -- ESO. It's not even a contest. As I  play more of ESO I'm starting to realize its still very buggy. FFXIV has its faults but not nearly to the extent of ESO. So if you plan to play on XB1 expect a lot of bugs. But if you like PvE -- FFXIV.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by Malabooga

Actually, I think there is only a free trial to ESO if you beta tested it and maybe just this weekend?  FFXIV actually has a free trial for everyone. Well at least for the U.S..

http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

he said he laready has the game.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I like ESO better because it has great combat, pve, and pvp and you can just roam around and do whatever takes your fancy (much like in Skyrim), or focus on the story lines which are pretty good. Also, importantly my friends are playing it.

However if you liked FF14 play that! I couldn't get into it, but it looks amazing. Luckily there are so many great mmos around these days you can't go wrong whatever you choose.