Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favourite class of all time?

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Necro EQ1, 2nd Holly Pally WoW.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Looking over all the games I've played... I'd have to say my Thane from DAOC. Nothing like that big ass hammer coming down from the sky, electricuting people with lightning, bashing them with a shield.... so much fun.

It was also the last game where PvP mattered to me. But thats another topic.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

For me it very much depends on the role I am fulfilling.

In terms of PvE

For Melee DPS, I would say the winner given how much time I played it and how much I had was my rogue in wow, especially before Cata.  Honourable mention to the Dark Knight from FFXI

For tanking, the one I have enjoyed the most is the Paladin from FFXIV

For healing, the Chloromancer in Rift.  It was just so satisfying to master it to the point where I was solo or duo healing 20 man raids. that was back in Vanilla, I am not a fan of where Rift went with the expansions.

For the rare roles that dont fall into any of these, Red Mage from FFXI.  (Call it support, or Buff or CC roll em all up in to one catagory)

For PvP Mercenary Bounty Hunter in swtor was a lot of fun as was Chloro in Rift (Two games that get a lot of flack for their PvP oddly enough) though I dont normally PvP in mmos that are not designed around it.  However the outright winner of this section for me is the Guild Wars Mesmer/Necromancer combo I had (GW 1 not 2).

• Kamandi777Kamandi777 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Shaman in WAR
  • GReYVeeGReYVee Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by Kothoses
     However the outright winner of this section for me is the Guild Wars Mesmer/Necromancer combo I had (GW 1 not 2).

GW1 has some very interesting combos. I did the nec/mesmer for abit. War/Mes was quite effective as well. I found my insane ranger/elementalist carpet bomber the most exciting.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by GReYVee

Originally posted by Kothoses
     However the outright winner of this section for me is the Guild Wars Mesmer/Necromancer combo I had (GW 1 not 2).

GW1 has some very interesting combos. I did the nec/mesmer for abit. War/Mes was quite effective as well. I found my insane ranger/elementalist carpet bomber the most exciting.

It really surprises me that some of the more innovative class building mechanics of GW 2 have not made it mainstream, even Anet ditched them for GW2, the class comb system and skill hunts were amazing ideas which should have been drafted into more mmos but for some reason were not.

Just talking about it makes me want to revist that game.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    Architect in SWG has to be my all time favorite.
  • nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Favorite classes?  This is a tough question.

I think the high point of my gaming career was with my Teras Kasi Master/Master Doctor Trandoshan in SWG.

The rest of the field kinda comes in right behind that, and they're too close to call.

In CoX, I loved my Empathy Healer because I mastered the hell out of that class and was server famous and usually had a queue waiting for me to finish whatever I was running my current group through.  The Villians had some AMAZING choices, as well.  The Mastermind was beyond fun.  The Corrupter was pretty damn awesome as well.

In Rift, a game I admittedly don't like very much, I still have to give it up for the Chloromancer.  If it were not for my love of that class, my Rift tenure would have never gone past the first free month for buying the box.  Instead I played for a year+.

I loved the hell out of my Stone Arrow in ArcheAge.

Other mentionables?  SWG's Creature Handler.  That was hella fun, going out into the wilds and nabbing baby monsters to later set upon your enemies.  SWG's Master Entertainer.  Never before or since have I ever seen a class that fostered such an amazing sense of community.  Seriously, game developers, pay heed to the game dynamics surrounding this class!  Vanilla WoW's Priest and Warrior hold a special place in my heart as well.  I did a lot of tanking and healing in Vanilla.

A non-MMO mentionable I thought I would throw in.  I adored my stealthy archer in Skyrim.  This is noteworthy because I usually despise rogue-like classes.  But to me, this was the only way to Dragonborn.

Bringing up the rest of the beloved class pack:

Shadow/Assassin - TOR

Operative - MxO

Bounty Hunter - TOR (some really great animations in this one)

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    A mesmer in Guild Wars 1.  A good one can completely cripple the opposing healer with interrupts.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    My necromancer from Dark Age of Camelot.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    EQ1 Bard
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

squig herder/marauder from wrhammer.

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    Necromancer from Age of Conan. The ability to turn into a lich was the reason why I ditched WoW's warlock.
  • lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162

PVE

Shield-specced Paladin in DAOC - I don't know why I loved it because you had to twist like 4 chants for it to be a god even versus very tough mobs but I guess that is why I loved it. You noticed you did something that many others didn't bother with and thanks to that you became a godly tank. I love games when your shield absorbs the whole blow and not just part of it. So everytime you heard the weapon against the shield blow it felt great.

Shield-specced Blademaster in DAOC - I decided to try this out when I saw they could have small shields. Normaly they were a two weapon dual wielding class, something I normaly love, but with a small shield this class turned into a defensive monster thanks to the shield and the already high dodge rate. In Darkness Falls I noticed that this spec was deadly even in PVP when I got jumped by one of the most famous infiltrators on our server. 

PVP

Sentinel in SWTOR

Shadow in SWTOR

Sorcerer in Warhammer Online

Druid in WOW

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

eq: beastlord, enchanter

vanguard: sorceror, bloodmage

diablo2: skelliemancer

wow: shammy healer

Gw2: staff mesmer (sort of interesting) 

• nickelsig229nickelsig229 Member UncommonPosts: 27

My favorite all time was a Asherons call Battlemage. Extremely hard untill lvl 26 but then an absolute beast.

Very close second was a shadowbane confessor.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Oh my.

Not sure I could pick one.

AO - Doc, Fixer, NT

EQ - DK, Wizzy

SWG (pre-cu) MLS MP 4xx4 healer Jedi (Imp), TK/Doc

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

L2: all the Kamael classes (because rapiers, bigass swords and crossbows FTW), also dark elf classes (gotta love dark elves)

WoW: always had a thing for the hunter class, specially in regards to beastmastery, but blizzard never gave it enough depth and they even nerfed it some of its versatility (when you could use melee with them and that stuff, fuck it, i wanted to be like Rexxar goddammit). i also had a thing for the Death Knight, mostly due to the kickass armor you got at the end of the leveling tutorial and because it was the most closer to a necromancer in the game.

EVE: while they dont have classes, i have a thing for the Rookie Ships, no joke here, i love the rookie ships and i wish CCP could give them more opportunities in the game (you cant even fit them properly outside of a few T1 modules, heck they have even some of the best designs, the Impairor for example)...

Dofus/Wakfu: the Foggernaut, the class is distinct in the two games (in Dofus its mostly focused in its turrets, in Wakfu is kind of a debuffing bot with a good versatility).also i like steampunk stuff :P

as for MMOs in general, the template for "summoner" its the best i can get,  be it a mage, warlock, beastmaster, necromancer , drone user or whatever, if i can catch it and use it then i like it. points if the game allow me to customize my pets or something

• SkroflerSkrofler Member UncommonPosts: 4

Bards and shamans are my goto classes and one game that did both of these exceptionally well was Vanguard.

This is especially true for the bard, with the composing of songs by choosing the various chorus, verse and rest components to tailor the buffs to your exact needs.

• XxeroxXxerox Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Depends. I usually play underplayed heroes, but usually any type of Rogue as long as i get to sneak around mobs and do tons of dmg, or a range class to deal tons of dmg from distance.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Trader in Anarchy Online, Shaman in WoW and mastermind in City of Villains.

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234
    The Friar from Dark Age of Camelot.
    DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83

Ranger from Guild Wars 2.  I really liked the class.

Loved the game play with this class. I have played ranger in other games as well.

Redsalt... the other salt.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

eq enchanter  ,magician

Coh controller , blaster

FFXI nin , bst , pup , blu

wow classic rogue , warlock , in tbc mage frost

Daoc , hunter , thane

so many too chose one D:

p.d looks like one of the most votes is bard from EQ , how so ? i know that bards rocked in eq , but didnt looked like fun to me at the time D:

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    WoWs Protection Paladin is my favorite and most unique that I like is LOTROs Rune-keeper.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.