Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Double XP Week Incomming!

nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

Comments

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Another? They just had one a couple of weeks back.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Guess this is a good time to wake up Jorgan from his coma he fell into.. 8 months ago lol
    Harbinger of Fools
  • nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by immodium

They had a weekend, yes.  Based on my very non-scientific based observation, the server populations seems much higher during that weekend.  Probably got a few people back on for a longer term with that.  Maybe they're going for more.

Or maybe there is some behind the scenes business-based reason that the population numbers need be padded for.

I don't care.

I'm just ready to board the alt train to Levelsville.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by nolf
    Originally posted by immodium

They had a weekend, yes.  Based on my very non-scientific based observation, the server populations seems much higher during that weekend.  Probably got a few people back on for a longer term with that.  Maybe they're going for more.

Or maybe there is some behind the scenes business-based reason that the population numbers need be padded for.

I don't care.

I'm just ready to board the alt train to Levelsville.

It's a diversion to distract players from how long it's been since the last new content update, and to help them bridge the last period of time until the new update comes along.

Which generally helps indeed.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Xeno326Xeno326 Member UncommonPosts: 77

have fun!

/uninstalled

a couple weeks ago I wanted to play some swtor just for the nostalgia of star wars, but I was re-awakened to why I never really played it that much -- restrictions are pretty BS in this game, especially for a "preferred" user, its more of an insult and a slap in the face to someone who tossed money their way actually, races restricted, money cap is ridiculous to the point if you wanted to grind unlock your races you couldn't with a measly 300k cap for the 1.5mil needed. limited uses on the side activities in th egame and on top of that the population for leveling and grouping is lacking, unless you stumble across some re-rolls luckily, but alas mid-level ranges are not that populated.

Not worth the time or money. I'm guessing this is a marketing ploy to try and attract players back to the game since the "population is lacking" issue, not good enough to get me back, nuff said.

Originally posted by Xeno326

have fun!

/uninstalled

a couple weeks ago I wanted to play some swtor just for the nostalgia of star wars, but I was re-awakened to why I never really played it that much -- restrictions are pretty BS in this game, especially for a "preferred" user, its more of an insult and a slap in the face to someone who tossed money their way actually, races restricted, money cap is ridiculous to the point if you wanted to grind unlock your races you couldn't with a measly 300k cap for the 1.5mil needed. limited uses on the side activities in th egame and on top of that the population for leveling and grouping is lacking, unless you stumble across some re-rolls luckily, but alas mid-level ranges are not that populated.

Not worth the time or money. I'm guessing this is a marketing ploy to try and attract players back to the game since the "population is lacking" issue, not good enough to get me back, nuff said.

You said a lot for your last sentence being "nuff said"! :p  Just messin' with ya.

On the two servers I'm on, admittedly the two most populated ones, I haven't noticed much in the way of population lacking.  Even on my lowbie & mid-level alts, my WZ queues hardly ever hit the 5 minute mark.  I rarely have a problem finding a group when questing, unless playing in the off-hours.  The server population certainly isn't anywhere near where it was when I played at launch (where there were instances upon instances), but I have to log in during the wee hours of the night to find times where it is ailing.  There are planets that everyone generally hates where it is damn near impossible to find a group, since the community pretty much skips said planets other than class missions.

As far as non-sub restrictions, they have to encourage people to cough up dough somehow, but I won't go as far to say I support how they do that.  I couldn't care less about race restrictions in the face of walling off content to part of the player base.  They have to make enough to keep the servers on, and I rarely give two turds about free players wanting more for nothing.  But I'm really not a fan of limiting access to the content.  You want to talk about a slap in the face?  Restricting non-sub players from FPs, WZs, etc is a huge slap in the face to the subbers considering that taking players out of those pools increases queue times for said game content.  For the subbers.  That's completely insane to me, and my biggest gripe against the current management of the game.  Other than that, I'm definitely a sub player, in any game I play whether it is "freemium" or not.  As long as it's not P2W in which case you won't find me playing at all.

But thank you, I will have fun.  I enjoy SWTOR for what it is, and after ragequitting after the Ilum fiasco years back, I have come to terms with what the game is.  And what it is is enough for me to enjoy it.  After a nice 2 year break following my /uninstall, that is :p

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    double, i want 12x!
    Originally posted by Gorwe

(The biggest downside to not being subbed is not being able to post on forums imo)

Also happens to be the most valued and appreciated restriction by anyone with a sub.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by nolf
    Originally posted by Gorwe

(The biggest downside to not being subbed is not being able to post on forums imo)

Also happens to be the most valued and appreciated restriction by anyone with a sub.

Amen to that. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/