Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Planet Explorers- Anyone play?

JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

I just picked this up last night on Steam after seeing the "build your own- Anything" craziness that you can do with this game. Watched videos last night of people building working helicopters, attack submarines and all kinds of creative goodness.

I said I would never buy early access again (yes...I'm a liar) after Day Z and its perpetual development but this just looks tool cool to pass up.

Looking for some people to play multiplayer with (non PVP if that even exists in the game) and show me the ropes. I already know I hate the controls but that I think I am going to really love the game, flaws and all. I'll be a bit tied up until this evening but am set for a weekend of gaming if anyones down.

-Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS2aoCII7mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB74zMNh4aI

Comments

• XxeroxXxerox Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I would love to try it out and play if it was free :)
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by xxerox

Its not-Its another early Access thats as expensive as many released titles. There is a demo though. I didnt even try the demo, I watched about 3 hours of videos of people building amazing stuff and just bought it lol.

Originally posted by Jacxolope

Its not-Its another early Access thats as expensive as many released titles. There is a demo though. I didnt even try the demo, I watched about 3 hours of videos of people building amazing stuff and just bought it lol.

well thats...... well.... good luck

Originally posted by Jacxolope

well thats...... well.... good luck

Yeah- Not normally my method. I abhor early Access.

Thing is, after looking at everything this game seems to have more going for it than many released titles other than the wonky controls. I'm more interested in learning the game and then creating things. Seems to be based around real physics (i.e. The helicopter builds I saw determine lift, weight and position of blades,landing gear etc...)

After seeing this thing in action (the creation tool thingy)  and having a sandbox to play with your creations in- Its  worth it (to me) even if development stopped. However, thats something else I looked at  and development seems to be happening on a solid timetable.

But yeah... I feel you.Normally I would fully agree but look at the tools for building anything and bringing it into game- Worth the admission imho.

EDIT- Demo would be good to see if it runs well on your system (its quite intensive) but other than that- The "game" was less important tome than the ability to build cool things and wreak havok and that stuff is already solidly implemented.

Look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GywJe67PI8 and tell me you dont want this =P

This is another "gather and build" kind of game.  To build stuff you need to gather the materials, but apparently you can build everything that the game can offer.

P.S. Good luck playing the game tho. Honestly i saw this game last year  and it was lot more unfinished than i look at it now.

This is another "gather and build" kind of game.  To build stuff you need to gather the materials, but apparently you can build everything that the game can offer.

P.S. Good luck playing the game tho. Honestly i saw this game last year  and it was lot more unfinished than i look at it now.

Yeah there are like 4 modes.

One mode is free build (you have everything) and you can build, test and play with things at your leisure. Then you save the creation as a "Blueprint"(my terminology and such is probably off) and can take that blueprint into the other game modes and insta-build from your blueprints if you have the materials.

So essentially, you can build anything you can think of- Right down to adding custom images and decals, paint, etc- Save it as an .ISO file and have that creations blueprint forever and through any game. makes the work you do building and getting things to work not  contingent on staying in a certain game or mode.

Again,I have yet to even begin doing anything but logging in and playing a bit in "story" mode so this is just from what ive read and watched on youtube.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Theirs supposedly a rather large update right around the corner, that's what I'm waiting for before jumping back in.  Port to Unity 5, new mob models and animations, First Person back in.

Worth waiting for.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I have it and I like to play it.  One of the updates threw off the playability of it for a bit,  but it seems to be fixed now.  I must have played this for a number of hours, its a good game.. put together really well.

The building tools are really awesome, I built a few cars and a few different weapons.  Lots of fun.. but building could be a LITTLE more intuitive. Overall definitely a much much better game than most in unfinished statuses