Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no Accountability for Game Developers

2»

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Just don't jump in to something if one don't like the risk that come with paying for something that it may turn on you. This is just any game in general.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Of course there is. Trion Worlds is accountable to me and It's highly unlikely they'll see more of my money again.  Every gamer a dev fucks over is  a customer they'll not have again. There isn't an endless supply of people willing to play these games and developers who go for a quick buck with a cash grab will only harm themselves in the end.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Krimzin

As a long time MMO player, I've seen developers come and go. The current market is nothing more than a Smash and Grab Robbery. They come out with a new game, give it a founders pack with early access to get you hooked then make a shit game.
    The worst is when you have a sub game that has long subscription options 6-12 months or more, then the game goes free to play.

Now its even worse with the new crime.. Crowd funding. What a joke. Hey give me your money and in a few years when we go live you can play it. Sad part is, there are 1000's of people willing to pay for the chance of taking part in a game they have very limited knowledge of.

In the current market its been proven that you don't have to make a good game to get paid. There are numerous examples out there.

What happened to Developers who are in it to make a solid game along with making money.

Lol, developers fault, really, we have bosses, and people above us... Love when gamers blame the devs when we have little to no say.. funny stuff.

I'm a gamer who went dev now I see the devs side and why they wont work for MMO's as much anymore, its always our fault.. Please make your own game so I can complain...

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

What happened to Developers who are in it to make a solid game along with making money.

They are out there.

The Fun Pimps (creators of 7 Days to Die) are constantly surprising me with how passionate they are about their game, and about updating it.

Doublebear, the makers of Dead State also did a nice job. Neither of them pulled the insane money grabs you see with some Kickstarters.

But then again... neither game's an MMO, so that could explain the lack of greed and actual devotion to their products.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by sketocafe
    Of course there is. Trion Worlds is accountable to me and It's highly unlikely they'll see more of my money again.  Every gamer a dev fucks over is  a customer they'll not have again. There isn't an endless supply of people willing to play these games and developers who go for a quick buck with a cash grab will only harm themselves in the end.

the publishers above  the devs please do ypur research devs have little to no say for companies like Trion, and Blizzard, that's why a lot of us are doing Indie but gamers will always complain regardless.,... I said MMo;s would die 5 years ago, and I was right and part of it is the gamers, and communitys, they want everything for free, and a many different ways... no respect, I see totally why the industry is messed up...

Originally posted by nolf

As a long time MMO player, I've seen developers come and go. The current market is nothing more than a Smash and Grab Robbery. They come out with a new game, give it a founders pack with early access to get you hooked then make a shit game.
    The worst is when you have a sub game that has long subscription options 6-12 months or more, then the game goes free to play.

Now its even worse with the new crime.. Crowd funding. What a joke. Hey give me your money and in a few years when we go live you can play it. Sad part is, there are 1000's of people willing to pay for the chance of taking part in a game they have very limited knowledge of.

In the current market its been proven that you don't have to make a good game to get paid. There are numerous examples out there.

I would say that the current developer landscape is proof positive that there is accountability for GDs.

No more big money is flowing in to produce MMOs, and they have had to resort to begging.

Massive shift to F2P models after the community shunned the concept of a sub.  Not because subs are bad, but because THEY AREN'T PRODUCING GAMES WORTH A MONTHLY FEE.

Pure market accountability at work.

ROFL begging?? Nah gamers beg they want it all for free... Look at Gloria victus they did it with there own money, I would charge 60 bucks for the game if I were them, that's the going rate for games today..

When there are no MMO's you will see why, look in the mirror..

Originally posted by Nevulus
    do u know the difference between publishers & developers? Seems like u don't.

They have no clue... That's the funny part.. They are blaming the wrong people, so at there job, should we blame them instead of there boss's ? or owner... when they have little to no say.. I love how they call KS begging... That tells me they have no idea what it cost to make a MMO and that's why a lot of companies are bailing out on making them, they aren't worth making... 

This is why IOS and Android are doing so well, Funcom, Sony all went that route more money , less complaining. less money and way less people to hire... A lot of solo and tiny teams only needed.. hardly any hassle, I used to love working on MMO's but I cant stand it.. I prefer console, and Phones, Tablets now.. 

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    Originally posted by nolf

I would say that the current developer landscape is proof positive that there is accountability for GDs.

No more big money is flowing in to produce MMOs, and they have had to resort to begging.

Massive shift to F2P models after the community shunned the concept of a sub.  Not because subs are bad, but because THEY AREN'T PRODUCING GAMES WORTH A MONTHLY FEE.

Pure market accountability at work.

ROFL begging?? Nah gamers beg they want it all for free... Look at Gloria victus they did it with there own money, I would charge 60 bucks for the game if I were them, that's the going rate for games today..

When there are no MMO's you will see why, look in the mirror..

Begging, yes.  KICKSTARTERS.

They have to fund their games now by begging.

For the record, I prefer paying for a box and paying a sub.  As far as gamers begging, there has and always will be enough people willing to pay money for a worthwhile game to make money.  I am one of them.  GD's wouldn't be resorting to F2Ps if they hadn't all done essentially the same thing: chasing WoW.   Now we have the current developer landscape.

Good for GV!  I'd like to see more of that.  Although was it the GD's money, or they just found investors in a more conventional sense than kickstarters?  It's "their" by the way.

As far as the last sentence, it doesn't even make sense.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.