Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite Dangerous

apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

The game is different from other space sims, but travelling is time consuming. Warping to a destination, having your ship tell you to slow down, pressing the brakes but the ship actually increases in speed. I think that this is because I am close to a planet and the orbiting near it increases speed. But by the time you slow down you passed your destination, you have to turn around the ship and continue to fly back to the destination.

Then there is docking on a star base, well I can dock very well and that is not the complaint, it is having to wait for players to undock so you can dock on the base. I've been to stations where there are only 2 to 4 docking pads and like 100 players wanting to dock. Wtf were the devs thinking.

Mining is different but another time consumer, mining 45 mins to make 10k credits isn't worth it. Having to manually scoop up the ore also sucks ass. I guess there are tractor beams you can buy later on or something.

Frontier says they don't issue refunds and all sales are final, but I requested a refund and its currently processing.

It is different from other space sims though and one can have alot of fun playing this game, it actually feels like you are controlling a ship.

All in all its a decent game, not for me though. I'm happy I got my refund. If you are looking for a new experience with a space sim, try it, but the game is definitely not for everyone.

Comments

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    I found that the trick to avoid waiting in line to get into a station is when your instance is all full.... just log out and log back in and you will enter a less crowded instance.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

indeed i feel crude universe without entity

I keep game myself and probably take expansion as well but 

I confess i have much more fun in x-rebirth compare elite 

Scamctizen dont touch util release 

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by apb2011

The game is different from other space sims, but travelling is time consuming. Warping to a destination, having your ship tell you to slow down, pressing the brakes but the ship actually increases in speed. I think that this is because I am close to a planet and the orbiting near it increases speed. But by the time you slow down you passed your destination, you have to turn around the ship and continue to fly back to the destination.

Then there is docking on a star base, well I can dock very well and that is not the complaint, it is having to wait for players to undock so you can dock on the base. I've been to stations where there are only 2 to 4 docking pads and like 100 players wanting to dock. Wtf were the devs thinking.

Mining is different but another time consumer, mining 45 mins to make 10k credits isn't worth it. Having to manually scoop up the ore also sucks ass. I guess there are tractor beams you can buy later on or something.

Frontier says they don't issue refunds and all sales are final, but I requested a refund and its currently processing.

It is different from other space sims though and one can have alot of fun playing this game, it actually feels like you are controlling a ship.

All in all its a decent game, not for me though. I'm happy I got my refund. If you are looking for a new experience with a space sim, try it, but the game is definitely not for everyone.

Travel isn't time consuming at all, if you actually understand how to pilot your ship, which clearly you did not otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue for you.

Constantly overshooting your target? you're going WAY TOO FAST and not slowing down soon enough. The SLOW DOWN warning indicator only appears if you're doing something wrong, i.e. going so fast that you are going to overshoot your target, which you obviously should NOT be doing.

A ten second search on the official forums would have provided you with detailed instructions on how to properly exit supercruise, but I guess that was too much effort for you to make? Easier to just complain on forums, I suppose, even though your "issue" is a non-factor for any competent player.

I am based 193 jumps out from LHS-3447, it's about two and a half hours of travel time, maybe three at the most if I include the time needed for fuel scooping during the trip. For players like you, a ten jump trip often seems daunting, due to your ignorance in regards to piloting your vessel.

Docking delays? relog and switch instances, problem solved.

I agree with your final statement though, the game is definitely not for everyone, as evidenced repeatedly by simple-simon, one note pony complainers just like yourself. If you had even half a clue about how to play, you wouldn't have any complaints to make. Learning is hard!

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

The trick to supercruising is to go full throttle until 10 secs duration and then throttle down to the lower section of the blue indicator, 6-7 secs duration on the timer is good, any lower and you'll probably overshoot.  Try to avoid gravity wells of celestials.

To avoid docking queues move out of the more populated systems, it's not like there's a shortage of systems to visit.

For mining you need to pick your location, find some Pristine Metallic rings and look for platinum or palladium for best time / effort.

It's a bit of a shame you asked for a refund instead of asking how the game works but I'd rather have a game that doesn't hold you by the hand than everyone able to do everything with no effort.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

The trick to supercruising is to go full throttle until 10 secs duration and then throttle down to the lower section of the blue indicator, 6-7 secs duration on the timer is good, any lower and you'll probably overshoot.  Try to avoid gravity wells of celestials.

To avoid docking queues move out of the more populated systems, it's not like there's a shortage of systems to visit.

For mining you need to pick your location, find some Pristine Metallic rings and look for platinum or palladium for best time / effort.

It's a bit of a shame you asked for a refund instead of asking how the game works but I'd rather have a game that doesn't hold you by the hand than everyone able to do everything with no effort.

6 seconds is ideal, anything less and you WILL overshoot. You will not be able to slow down soon enough.

Full throttle until that point isn't really a great idea, you should be judging based on the distance remaining, not the time remaining. Full throttle is ok until you hit 250LS. At 250LS you throttle down to 75%, at 3000km you throttle down to 50%, which will leave you at the perfect 6 second mark when you drop out of cruise. You will literally NEVER overshoot if you follow these simple procedures and you will arrive at your destination in the quickest amount of time with zero hiccups.

I agree completely with everything else you stated, especially the last two sentences. It isn't difficult to learn these things, but "minor effort being required" often equates to being "too much effort" for those who are more inclined towards instant gratification - which, unfortunately, tends to be a large portion of this generation of gamers.

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Whats weird is I got my refund and I can still log in and access the full game. LMFAO
  • apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Oh ya, and logging out and relogging back into to get around docking is the biggest bullshit ever. Who wants to play a game where you have to log in and out to progress. Sounds broken to me.
  • Bluefear77Bluefear77 Member UncommonPosts: 112

OP you have no idea how to play this game. Most of your complaints about the game are due to your failure on how to play the game properly. 

You really need to play a game with a lesser learning curve.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by apb2011
    Oh ya, and logging out and relogging back into to get around docking is the biggest bullshit ever. Who wants to play a game where you have to log in and out to progress. Sounds broken to me.

He's not talking about relogging, he's saying switch from multiplayer to solo. It's a preferable solution to "magical" landing pads. If everybody that docked went to the outfitting hangar there wouldn't be queues but people tend to stay on the surface and as an outpost only has limited landing pads...

Or as already said, just move away from the starter systems.