Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Iconian Reputation & Rewards Coming in Season 10

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

During Season 10 in Star Trek Online, players of all factions will be banding together to stop the Iconian threat. As part of the reward system for assisting in the endeavor, players can earn Iconian Marks by completing repeatable queued events that feature the Iconian Heralds. More Marks can be earned if players choose to scale the event to a higher level and successfully complete the event.

Iconian Probe Datacores can also be earned at the advanced and elite versions of the queued events. These datacores will be a required component to access the highest level gear. Datacores can also be traded for Dilithium Crystals.

The latest Star Trek Online developer blog also reveals the rewards players can gain by trading in marks. Players can trade for gear sets, reputation, ordinance sets and more.

You can check it all out at the link above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SinDicate99SinDicate99 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    ugh
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    See so many groaning about STO. I just started, should I quit now?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    See so many groaning about STO. I just started, should I quit now?

If you like the idea of grinding something new every month to keep up, continue playing.  If you just jump in casually and play it here and there its not bad but end-game requires a continuous grind for the newest ships, gear, bridge officers, consoles, ship weapons that they keep introducing.  That is the trap in free to play games, in order to continue to make money, they have to keep introducing more powerful things for players to buy or they would stop making money.  

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'm really enjoying the game thus far so this us very disappointing.
  • HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Tekaelon
    I'm really enjoying the game thus far so this us very disappointing.

Don't worry, it's not as bad as people on this site like to hyperbole. It is a grind, but I've seen much much worse.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
      Tekaelon do not quit, STO can still fun after all these years.  It really matters about your approach & how you want to play & enjoy STO.  If you want the top tier stuff then grinding will be a necessity.  If you want to casually play then that can be done still fairly easily never spending any real money.  In the last year STO is becoming more grindish, but there have been improvements in the game during this same time too.  This Iconian Resistance Reputation is not anything new.  It will be the newest reputation to grind away at out of 7 now.  The current Delta Recruitment event is probably one of their more innovative concepts in a long while.
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I have to agree with DijonCyanide.  Right now, I'm having an absolute blast in Star Trek Online.  The game itself isn't for everyone.  It's become one of those niche games.  Which is fine.  The Secret World is the same way.    If you are enjoying it, then continue playing it.  Don't worry about grinding.  Play the game how you want to play it.  I play it for the roleplay and to blow up ships.  Still in love with the space combat.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Started playing it again last weekend and its not bad for what it is.

I do like some of the missions on STO its like being part of a star trek episode.. But I only really play it by myself dont really play it as an mmo.

Still its nothing to write home about and i would not spend any money on it.

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    With every new threat in sto you need newer equipment to counter it.
    I don't know of any other way of doing it other than grind.
    One because every game has grind.