Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favourite class of all time?

Comments

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Sigmarpriest from WAR. On the same level is a class less system like darkfall online had

• ChirikitiChirikiti Member CommonPosts: 18

SWG Pre-CU:  Master Weaponsmith

City of Villains: Mind/Psionic Perma-Dominator. Destroyed in PvE and PvP. Man that was some fun PvP (pre-issue 13)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Minstrel and Skald in DAOC, both speed classes with very different abilities, also the Theurigist and it's pet spamming even at targets up on a wall that would chase even if the caster was dead.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HystericHysteric Member UncommonPosts: 51
    ShadowKnight from Everquest 
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Skald/Thane, and Runemaster from DAOC. Loved them all for their differences.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    A ranged bowman....however you want to title the class.
  • shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Too many great classes to choose just one.
    DAOC skald- the speed made it hard to play classes without it.
    DAOC theurgist- you don't know what fear is till you see a train of elemental pets coming at you full speed.
    Vanguard BM- only class in any game that actually made me want to be a healer.
    WoW shaman- vanilla 2hand hammer before the windfury nerfs, yeah I was one of those bastards.
    CoH gravity controller- propel, best skill ever created.
    AoC HoX- who knew eating hearts could be so fun!

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Always loved my Warhammer Marauder....and the cries that came every time I pulled a Bright Wizard into our zerg to be crushed.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Every class from Dark Age of Camelot. Their class design was so unique and I just couldnt decide which one was to be my main. So I ended up with tons of lvl 4x characters and only two or of them reached lvl 50. (Minstrel, Thane and maybe even my Thane)  But this was back in the classic/shrouded isles times where it took weeks or even months to reach level cap.

Bonemaster, Animist, Valewalker, Theurg... sooo many great classes. Heck.. how many classes did it have? Like 30 or 40 I think.

Damn, now I need to play daoc again until camelot unchained is released

• TabmoweTabmowe Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Beastmaster from Final Fantasy XI,pure fun.
  • FanticuleFanticule Member UncommonPosts: 5

WoW Druid through WRATH

LOTRO Loremaster through SHADOWS OF ANGMAR

• DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57

Sith Marauder from SWTOR, at least at launch, not sure how it measures up now-a-days

• TorgenTorgen Member UncommonPosts: 158

Hahah That's an awesome scenario and a great idea :D

Sadly I never got to experience someone ambushing with sorcerer pets ;)

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Greatest class ever was one of my own making in Champion's Online. I built a class that did nothing but summon permanent pets that followed me everywhere. (I also gave my character a single attack ability too so I could at least do something while my minions killed stuff.)

It was amazing being a one-man raid party with I believe 11 permanent pets, so a 12 man raid party. And people kept going "whoa" when I walked past with 11 pets.

If only the game was as fun as that class... I'd still be playing it.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    For my favorite class have to be Healers/Priests/Clerics....I play them exclusively in MMOs and I see a disturbing trend in MMOs to not have healers in game anymore.....SIGH....
  • AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

the Original Vanilla WoW POM Pyro Mage....

God I miss those days...

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• snowman22snowman22 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    pre hologrind  and pre fire blanket, combat medic in SWG. nothing like a healing class that can literally ruin your toon and play time for the day with a triple black bar.
  • CiixCiix Member Posts: 13
    Zealot from WAR
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Shaman, specifically from WoW for the simple fact that it just feels right, spiritual and one with the elements. Unfortunately for me, Shamans in the other games i've played just feel like generic spell casters with no lore behind them. Thats one of the reasons i love the Warcraft lore so much, because every class has an in depth background. Shamans give that impression of spiritual leadership, like real shamanistic tribes.

My second favorite is the Blood Mage. I've always liked magic and sorcery overall, but after playing Dragon Age 1 I just fell in love with Blood magic.

My third favorite is the Warrior because i love everything related to Vikings and the Norse Berserkers.

Necromancers too because... necromancy ftw!

I like other classes too but not as much as these four.

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165

My two favorites were both from WAR, Squig Herder and Warrior Priest! I would love to find another healing class on any MMO that played like the Warrior Priest.

Of course, we can't forget this guy...

photo Bright Wizard_zpsf3ccvxsj.jpg

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Uziduke

Vanguard Blood Mage and EQ1 Druid.

The bloodmage  is the coolest vampire healer ever.

Oh yeah, Blood Mage was a pretty fun class to play!

• xmojo1xmojo1 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Asheron's Call 1 didn't really have classes as characters were skill-based. My first AC1 character was my favorite: Mace warrior with Life Magic. All the benefits of heavy armor with healing and buff magic. Two classes from my time with Vanguard stand out: the Disciple (a monk-type fighter) and the Blood Mage.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Enchanter in EQ1 for myself, It was fun and funny, expecialy when you can charm mobs and give them goodies then release them back into the zone and they keep the stuff you gave them so newbies could get a nice little surprise from you when they kill the mob you had charmed.

Or could make it hell for them and give them a OP weapon (aka magicians magical summoned pet weapons lol) which would destroy em lol although if they do kill it they can then give there pet the OP weapon if they were a pet class and power lvl up for awhile using the pet that could instant kill anything there level :)

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

Its a tie between Darkfall 1.0 battle-mage master of all 

and 

vanilla wow mage

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Jedi Knight  (and his Empire duplicate). Then I guess Shaman, Druid, ...