Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your favourite class of all time?

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Uziduke

Vanguard Blood Mage and EQ1 Druid.

The bloodmage  is the coolest vampire healer ever.

Vanguard Bloodmage was a great and unusual class,  hopefully Brad and Co give us something similar in Patheaon. 

Loved the BM in Vanguard.

Joined - July 2004

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Mage/Tamer UO.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by Gravarg

I can't really pick a top one, but if I had to it'd be WoW BC Warrior. But really there's are 4-5 that I could choose depending on what I want to do.

1. WoW BC Warrior - back when you could switch stances mid fight and it did something, miss berserk stance

2. WoW Early Feral Druid - could both dps and tank, versatility ftw

3. GW2 Ranger - You have to try to actually kill yourself...it's OP if you ask me, by a lot lol.

4. AoC Bear Shaman - The first time I saw the fatalities from 2hand mace <3  Another hard to kill class

5. FFXI Beastlord - Another hard to kill class.  The only class that could solo extremely easy.

Hybrid Feral-Resto Druid with Nature's Swiftness/Healing Touch Macro :p

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

In terms of aesthetics, Marauders from WAR were awesome.  A class mutating it's own arm to become a monstrous tool suitable to the current battle was a fun and unique concept.

In terms of possibility, Archmages/Shamans from WAR.  It was a little like the alternating rhythm between arcane and nature damage for Balance druids (WOW), except these WAR classes alternated between healing and damage.  It had the potential to be really deep and rewarding of skill.

Sadly neither class really achieved its potential, due to shallow rotations (and in PVP it hurt that the game revolved around excessive CC.) Even sadder is that out of all the classes truly in need of help, Archmage/Shaman was the pair they wanted to revamp first, with a proposal that would've made them far shallower to play

In terms of what I've played longest, WOW Shaman.  The healing rotation is currently pretty dang excellent.  Lots of options dependent on the order your cast your spells.

In terms of what I enjoyed raiding/dungeoning with most, WOW Rogues.  Such a ridiculously fun and flexible kit the last couple expansions.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711
    Originally posted by Axehilt

In terms of aesthetics, Marauders from WAR were awesome.  A class mutating it's own arm to become a monstrous tool suitable to the current battle was a fun and unique concept.

In terms of possibility, Archmages/Shamans from WAR.  It was a little like the alternating rhythm between arcane and nature damage for Balance druids (WOW), except these WAR classes alternated between healing and damage.  It had the potential to be really deep and rewarding of skill.

Sadly neither class really achieved its potential, due to shallow rotations (and in PVP it hurt that the game revolved around excessive CC.) Even sadder is that out of all the classes truly in need of help, Archmage/Shaman was the pair they wanted to revamp first, with a proposal that would've made them far shallower to play

In terms of what I've played longest, WOW Shaman.  The healing rotation is currently pretty dang excellent.  Lots of options dependent on the order your cast your spells.

In terms of what I enjoyed raiding/dungeoning with most, WOW Rogues.  Such a ridiculously fun and flexible kit the last couple expansions.

I think Disciple of Kaine had the most potential as far as classes in WAR went.  Front line battle cleric that relied on melee and healing.

Sadly, poorly implemented, as with most of the game (IMHO)

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Thread is making me miss WAR, and sad at all that could have/should have been...

Easily the most depressing failure of the MMORPG genre.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Man am I the only person who chose a non combat class? :(

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    L2 Sword Singer...  I miss buff classes...
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Iksar Beastlord. Take my scaled wolf pup to field of bone and get rrrrrekt

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

1. My Kobold darkness Spiritmaster is probably my favorite from DAoC with MoC 3, watch those infs and NS die after they thought they had an easy kill, muahaha.

Although I liked most of the classes from daoc like warden, sorc, shm,  skald, loved that speed and melee with song shouts. Valkyrie and Vamp were fun, mostly because they were just so overpowered lol. I did like the concept of them and they were still good when brought in line. I probably played every class and liked just about all of them except maybe armsman, wasn't a polearms fan.

2. Loved my Ranger from EQ1, especially when it was viable as an archer or melee. Monk, magician, necro were other favorites. I was often a puller, so really enjoyed my monk.

3. Rogue from WoW. Probably my favorite rogue. Just had such great handling and I could play it like a berserker if I wanted (early game).

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Harbinger from Rift. They made a decent melee mage class.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504
    Originally posted by Roguewiz

I think Disciple of Kaine had the most potential as far as classes in WAR went.  Front line battle cleric that relied on melee and healing.

Yeah DoK/WP was the pairing which was my runner-up in terms of potential for sure.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332

GW1 - Necro 

Before the capped minions, as long as you created the bodies you could have as many as you liked. 

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Past favorites:

Scrapper from City of Heroes

Death Knight (when it first came out) from WoW

Conqueror from Age of Conan

Demonologist from Age of Conan

Bounty Hunter from SWG

and current favorite and favorite of them all:

Dragon Knight from ESO

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• marsh9799marsh9799 Member Posts: 100

You were only sort of reliant on melee.  You were reliant on close proximity but not on melee abilities depending on your spec.

I'd rank my favorites as:

1.)  EQ1 Shaman- the absolute ultimate support class.  I don't think I've seen another class match the support abilities of the Shaman in any game I've played.  Most games don't even have a real support option.

2.)  EQ1 Shadowknight- I've found it extremely odd that such a popular class and theme hasn't been incorporated into more games.  The Deathknight never felt like a Shadowknight to me- a real hybrid class.  The Paladin at various points in WoW did.

3.)  WAR Warrior Priest- By far the most fun I've had with a class for PvP healing.  It's not even close.

4.)  Shadowbane Assassin- A very unique take on the rogue style classes.

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236
    edited September 2015

Post edited by ArtificeVenatus on
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by marsh9799

You were only sort of reliant on melee.  You were reliant on close proximity but not on melee abilities depending on your spec.

I'd rank my favorites as:

1.)  EQ1 Shaman- the absolute ultimate support class.  I don't think I've seen another class match the support abilities of the Shaman in any game I've played.  Most games don't even have a real support option.

2.)  EQ1 Shadowknight- I've found it extremely odd that such a popular class and theme hasn't been incorporated into more games.  The Deathknight never felt like a Shadowknight to me- a real hybrid class.  The Paladin at various points in WoW did.

3.)  WAR Warrior Priest- By far the most fun I've had with a class for PvP healing.  It's not even close.

4.)  Shadowbane Assassin- A very unique take on the rogue style classes.

I'm guessing you never played a Vanguard Shamen or Dread Knight. Not that I don't agree with ya but Vanguards Shamen was right up there.  After all it was the same person who designed both the Shamens we are talking about. 

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Melee 4 life, TANK, Warrior, Paladin , guardian, protect other before myself. MeatShield haha -Immortal-

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Balance Druid from WoW.

Defender from CoH.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236
    edited September 2015

Post edited by ArtificeVenatus on
  • SolarstrikerSolarstriker Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Controller from CoH
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Friar from DAOC.  It's the only class I've ever played that really felt like they did quarter staff combat justice.  Combined with the combo system from the game the class was just very unique and fun.

EQ2, Aion, Age of Wushu, and a few other games also have quarterstaff style combat.  But not a single one of them feels remotely as fun as the Friar.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Definitely Defenders in City of Heroes. So many combinations, so much utility. My favorite combinations were Illusion/Kinetic (underappreciated, combation healer/buffer and backup tank, plus lots of control) and Storm/Power(enemies who can't stand up can't hurt you).

<3

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Definitely Defenders in City of Heroes. So many combinations, so much utility. My favorite combinations were Illusion/Kinetic (underappreciated, combation healer/buffer and backup tank, plus lots of control) and Storm/Power(enemies who can't stand up can't hurt you).

Plus the mind control powers to get the enemies fight with each other!

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489

Barbarian in Age of Conan

warning NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc