Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Your Ironwork Augmented Weapon

Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221

So, first thing first.

1 - Do you weekly raid in Mor Dohna for 1 Encrypted Tombstone

2 - Do hunt and gather Allied Seals, 500 a piece, for 6 Unstained Bloodsplttered Mark Logs.

3 - Trade 6 mark logs for 1 Carbontwine

4 - This part kinda sucks but it can be done, FARM POETICS. Dosent matter how, just cap for the week. 

5 - Each week you can get 5 Rowenas Token Of Poetics. Each costing 130 Peotics a piece. 

6 - After obtaining all the Tokens and having the Encrypted Tombstone, trade them to the chick you get the behemoth stuff from, you know who im talkin about.

7 _ After obtaining said Ironworks Weapon, you can augment it and change it from Item Level 120 to Item Level 130 with hella better stats. You need the CARBONTWINE i mentioned earlier, and go to the North Shroud where you do your relic stuff for Gerolt and give the dude there your weapon and carbontwine.

8 - Well, after this you pretty much have a bad ass weapon ready for Heavensward. I did it this way with my DRG.

So its faster and easier then doing Animus Scrolls and stuff like that. Next I'm going to repeat the steps up top with my MNK and get him his wep and boost him to ilvl 125.

I hope this helps. PLEASE NO CRITICISM. THIS IS TO HELP PEOPLE, NOT MOCK THOSE TRYING TO HELP.

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Nice guide. I don't really play that aspect of the game but I'm sure this will come in handy for people who do.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Man I'm still trying to get my first class to 30 lol.

Very nice to know these types of "quests" still exist in a modern MMORPG.

Much more interesting to work towards something over time than just pray to the RNG gods week after week that you get the drop you need from boss X.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Man I'm still trying to get my first class to 30 lol.

Very nice to know these types of "quests" still exist in a modern MMORPG.

Much more interesting to work towards something over time than just pray to the RNG gods week after week that you get the drop you need from boss X.

Currently there's three ways to get a top end weapon.

1. Kill the current hardest boss in the game, rewards one random weapon per week. Made available at the beginning of each progression cycle. This is the most challenging method with some RNG in the mix, but is not time consuming once you can farm the content and the weapon you get is the best up until the end of the progression cycle.

2. Work over-time for a continuously updated weapon you can customize to a degree (a mix of RNG and guaranteed progression methods utilized throughout). Made available in steps sometime during the beginning of each progression cycle. Has the potential to become the best weapon at the end of each progression cycle. This method is time consuming but not difficult.

3. Get guaranteed(?) special drops from the latest raid bosses (or a weekly quest added at the end of the progression cycle), use three weeks worth of currency to upgrade a weapon that is slightly weaker than the ones above. Requires possibly the least time and effort, but you cannot use the currency and special drops to upgrade your armor for three weeks and it is not the strongest weapon out there. This is what the OP was talking about.

Who knows what will happen in Heavensward. We know there will be changes though.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

All I need is my Rauni Lucis by my side. Bring on the expansion! I got some trees to fell!

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

Essentially it takes three weeks to get one of the i130 weapons right now.

With the same level of dedication you could probably finish a relic weapon in the same amount of time.  Finishing subsequent relic weapons are much easier since you can get some of the items you need in advance before actually reaching that step.  The only grueling steps are the Animus books are the Nexus lights.  The Zodiac step to get dungeon drops can go either way.

Right now I've just been focusing on grinding out gear from World of Darkness for my alt classes.  I'll continue to hoard the tomestones every week from the Crystal Tower weekly quest, as I think later down the road they're eventually going to put carbontwines and carboncoats as normal drops in World of Darkness.  Probably by the end of May they may even uncap how many poetics you can get.

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by nbtscan

Essentially it takes three weeks to get one of the i130 weapons right now.

With the same level of dedication you could probably finish a relic weapon in the same amount of time.  Finishing subsequent relic weapons are much easier since you can get some of the items you need in advance before actually reaching that step.  The only grueling steps are the Animus books are the Nexus lights.  The Zodiac step to get dungeon drops can go either way.

Right now I've just been focusing on grinding out gear from World of Darkness for my alt classes.  I'll continue to hoard the tomestones every week from the Crystal Tower weekly quest, as I think later down the road they're eventually going to put carbontwines and carboncoats as normal drops in World of Darkness.  Probably by the end of May they may even uncap how many poetics you can get.

But Relic to Animus takes forever and if your poor like me in the game, then Scrolls for animus become even worse.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    No offense, but if you're giving new people advice (which I think this is aimed at), new people should be focused on getting everything to 50, that's it. Gear is irrelevant for an expansion.
  • n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

This game shares all the aspects of all types of players including people who enjoy being able to say they did something, or got a certain weapon - by rewarding them with an inexpensive manner in which to show off that achievement through glamours.

Calling this a waste of time for "gearing up" for Heavensward is a lot like telling someone the only thing they should do is level up post expansion. I personally took a long break and came back in Oct. I've yet to be bored just due to the depth of content. There are layers and layers. Almost everything has a long term progression system, including mini games. Getting a weapon you are proud of, that you might use the look of for a long time to come is not a waste. It's a goal. If you have fun doing it - then so be it.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

You can get carbontwine from the weekly raid quest too can't you?  (not %100, just started again)

Edit: According to xivdb that is indeed the case

I've been working on trying to get my relic upgraded before the expansion.  Got it all the way to zenith in less than a full day.  I have a feeling from this point it's going to suck, and ill probably end up not getting a zeta before the expansion....but it's a challenge I set for myself and in the meantime/during my pursuit I'm gathering poetics and not spending them just in case.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

You can get carbontwine from the weekly raid quest too can't you?  (not %100, just started again)

You can, but you have a choice of twine, coat or the tomestone from the weekly, so you can't get both rewards at once.  Unless you're hoarding stones for future weapons, it's perfectly reasonable to just get a stone every three weeks and stock up on twines.

Originally posted by nbtscan
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

You can, but you have a choice of twine, coat or the tomestone from the weekly, so you can't get both rewards at once.  Unless you're hoarding stones for future weapons, it's perfectly reasonable to just get a stone every three weeks and stock up on twines.

Thats where Hunts and Allied Seals come in. Easy carbontwine and carboncoat.

Originally posted by Albatroes
    No offense, but if you're giving new people advice (which I think this is aimed at), new people should be focused on getting everything to 50, that's it. Gear is irrelevant for an expansion.

NO CRITICISM. 

I remember putting that under my post. This is for EVERYBODY, not a specific demagraph lmao.

Calm down bro. It'll be okay.

• xpdeusxpdeus Member CommonPosts: 6
    Thanks for guide bro, this is really useful for me
This discussion has been closed.