Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let me tell you why you should play ESO ...

monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723

I just spent an hour in a dungeon.

Now I know what you're thinking ... who the hell wants to spend an hour in a dungeon? Definitely not me, but when I looked at the time, sure enough, an hour went by. While exploring I found said dungeon (my first one since playing) and inside I met a few nice people, one thing led to another and we're playing lutes and drums around a fire while we talk and wait for a boss to respawn. Amazing.

I want to review this game but I just bought it and I'm only level 7 so it wouldnt be fair but once I reach endgame look out for one. So far I can only sing praises about it. I just spent $85 on this game and I dont regret it. I heard a lot of bad things about ESO so I havent played since beta. Biggest mistake ever. Honestly, I dont see how this game went B2P, it's gorgeous, fun, untraditional, and has everything I love about the console versions. My only gripe is how the gear is textured to the skin, this shouldnt be a thing but the world is so immersive you hardly notice it. If the crown store begins to offer better items I will definitely pay the optional subscription.

11/10 would play again.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,012
    Originally posted by monochrome19

Now I know what you're thinking ... who the hell wants to spend an hour in a dungeon? Definitely not me, 

Well, I do. 

Which dungeon was it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

so I havent played since beta

I dont see how this game went B2P

I'll give you a hint.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Now I know what you're thinking ... who the hell wants to spend an hour in a dungeon? Definitely not me, but when I looked at the time, sure enough, an hour went by. While exploring I found said dungeon (my first one since playing) and inside I met a few nice people, one thing led to another and we're playing lutes and drums around a fire while we talk and wait for a boss to respawn. Amazing.

I want to review this game but I just bought it and I'm only level 7 so it wouldnt be fair but once I reach endgame look out for one. So far I can only sing praises about it. I just spent $85 on this game and I dont regret it. I heard a lot of bad things about ESO so I havent played since beta. Biggest mistake ever. Honestly, I dont see how this game went B2P, it's gorgeous, fun, untraditional, and has everything I love about the console versions. My only gripe is how the gear is textured to the skin, this shouldnt be a thing but the world is so immersive you hardly notice it. If the crown store begins to offer better items I will definitely pay the optional subscription.

11/10 would play again.

Are you saying this is a bad thing? To me this is the best payment model allowing a lot more flexibility to the player.

ESO for sure is a game that is slowly making a better name for itself. I played the heck out of it when it launched and burned myself out. When it went B2P I started a totally new DK and play a few times a week, but I'm not going to overdo it this time. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Now I know what you're thinking ... who the hell wants to spend an hour in a dungeon? Definitely not me, 

Well, I do. 

Which dungeon was it.

Toothmaul Gully in Auridon. It's fairly small but if you explore it and down all the bosses it'll kill a few minutes. Hope you like it ^^

Originally posted by Rusque

I'll give you a hint.

You don't work on the EQ Next team do you? You didn't quite finish what you started.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

11/10 would play again.

Are you saying this is a bad thing? To me this is the best payment model allowing a lot more flexibility to the player.

ESO for sure is a game that is slowly making a better name for itself. I played the heck out of it when it launched and burned myself out. When it went B2P I started a totally new DK and play a few times a week, but I'm not going to overdo it this time. 

Yes? No? I'm not entirely sure. Just from the short time I've been playing it feels like a lot of love and care went into the making of this game. I absolutely agree that this is a better model for the us, the player, but I would've loved to see this game prosper as one of the last subscription MMOs on the market. It certainly feels like it deserves it.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I'll give you a hint.

You don't work on the EQ Next team do you? You didn't quite finish what you started.

Yes. I'm in charge of the emergent artificial inte

I'll give you a hint.

Lol

11/10 would play again.

Yes? No? I'm not entirely sure. Just from the short time I've been playing it feels like a lot of love and care went into the making of this game. I absolutely agree that this is a better model for the us, the player, but I would've loved to see this game prosper as one of the last subscription MMOs on the market. It certainly feels like it deserves it.

Anytime someone can enjoy a very small part of a title and share it with others is a great thing. A single dungeon like the one you were in is what mmorpgs should be all about. I usually only play a couple times a week, but I'm going back in now! Thanks for sharing no matter how it is funded! /salute

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I'll give you a hint.

Well played.   I think it is time I gave this game another go.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

I'll give you a hint.

Perhaps you were dying! lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiT_5cr3tYI

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

I'll give you a hint.

Made my day!

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

11/10 would play again.

As you noted, since you are low level it isn't fair for you to provide a review or rating yet.

No doubt a fun game, but most are when you first play, when/if you reach the end game you'll be more qualified to share how the overall experience is.

I played the 1st month, got to about the mid-30's and quit, so I'm not qualified to comment on how the game is today, but one day I might give it another go, and will likely do so with a fresh start.

Good luck on your adventure, everyone should find a game they truly enjoy over the long term, and it's possible you've found yourself one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

Anyone else sad that this experience is even worth sharing and getting exited about?

I remember when every dungeon was like that and 1 hour was not even considered to be a real dungeon. Getting top to bottom could take days and get you 10+ levels ect.... people would have flamed the Devs if they made a dungeon that could be cleared in an hour.

Glad you are having fun tho.

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• RadixMalorumRadixMalorum Member UncommonPosts: 143

I'll give you a hint.

Where's the damn Like button?? ;) well played sir.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Public dungeons in ESO are decently fun along with a few group dungeons. Delves are too easy but at least a diversion from the rather boring questing.

For me that is ESO's downfall. Each zone does indeed have several dungeons in total but solo dungeons are too templated and easy, public dungeons just at the point you can mostly solo them so seeing others around (other than for boss fights) is actually rather annoying because you WANT the challenge but often are trained over ruining the challenge and of course there is only 1 true group dungeon per zone ... in zones still not large enough to warrant true exploration.

ESO tries hard to not be a themepark but it still is. Only, like the haze the game adds to hide it's bad render distance, ESO fails to hide it enough.

I will add this as well: It is a sad state for both mmos and players when people today think that spending an hour in a dungeon is exceptional. I used to play older mmos where me and friends would plan and talk all day about tackling a dungeon and would spends many hours trying to complete it. They used to be THAT complicated and THAT large. Also getting to them often meant very long runs so you had to prepare accordingly to ensure you had the correct load out or at least the right recall points or the skill to recall to said points. 

ESO may be able to hide it's themepark roots even more but it cerainly MUST include making the game a hell of a lot harder than it is now.

You stay sassy!

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Nice to see a post about someone enjoying themselves, in any game.  Nothing wrong with that.  :-)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Thanks everyone ^^

If you decide to play I hope you have a good time as well.