Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Total patch download size?

I bought the physical copy of the game because I was hoping to avoid a large download size (I live in Canada where my internet is capped at just over 100 gbs a month.)

But even after I installed the game it still appears to be downloading 35 plus gigs.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me a rough estimate of how may gigs it will take to patch to current?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• frosty73frosty73 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    hi, my ESO folder is 41 gigs if that helps.
  • geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73

I do not know what the hell  they are doing at Zenimax but every time there is a patch which by the size of the patchnotes you would expect to be a few 100 MB in any other mmo you have to literally download half the game again.

5-15 GB patchsizes are the norm for ESO.

edit: patchsize for patch 1.6 (which were a lot of changes) was around 25 GB.

• TwologTwolog Member Posts: 5

Thanks guys.

All and all it was about 40 gigs.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Twolog

Thanks guys.

All and all it was about 40 gigs.

Just curious... was that one of the older physical copies you bought or one of the new Tamriel Unlimited ones?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TwologTwolog Member Posts: 5
    Older
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    83.4 GB My Teso File :Pimage

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic