Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy crap this game is fun!

2»

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I have most of the cards (including almost every legendary), what ruins Hearthstone for me:

1. Netdecking - Yeah I know this is how every TCG/CCG is, but it's magnified in HS because it's very easy to just play against the same 1-2 decks over and over and over and over. Bleh.

2. RNG is RNG - Okay, again, all TCG's/CCG's have some amount of RNG, but in HS every game is either me blowing my opponent out of the water with no effort, or getting destroyed by an opponent with no effort. I've had maybe 3 really great HS matches since release. Give and take and interacting with each other's plays. It's just bizarre that the game feels lopsided to such a degree. I mean, I can play against the same person, using the same deck and one game walk all over them, and then they do that to me the next game. It'd be one thing if it were skill that were driving those wins/losses, but it's RNG. And HS heaps RNG into every nook and cranny.

3. Still shallow - There's just not enough zones of play and card types (not keywords, but instant/enchantment/land/creature/etc. Those additional layers of interaction are missing, the closest HS gets is Traps and Secrets. There's room to grow here and I wouldn't be surprised to see these types of cards and zones added.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Originally posted by joeadam8882
    It looks ok but I am not really into Blizzard any more. I stopped liking their change in company direction years ago so I will pass.

I wouldn't know what's different about them- they're still copying game types and making quality mass-appeal games out of them- Hearthstone seems to have done to virtual card games what WoW did to Everquest and MMOs.

Still having fun with this- it can be very frustrating at times but I think I finally have synergized enough decks where I have a fighting chance against decent decks.  I still want/need a lot of cards but I doubt I'll be putting much more money into it, unless they release another Naxxaramus.  The odds are just not good enough to get what I want, unless I wanted to spend a lot of money and I don't.

The first part of your post hit the nail on the head. they have taken something dumbed it down and made it easy for the masses to play and like the smart little people they are down there at blizzard they will make a ton of cash off of it. have to give them props they know how to make money.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i agree with everyone that says it gets boring fast. you can't play the shit out of it like an mmorpg or something but it is fun for a time.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I don't know, I'm still playing it really often and still having fun with it months after starting.

It's frustrating when the RNG wrecks you but it's fun when you get lucky.  I think the RNG is there on purpose to stimulate the gambling-loving part of your brain.  It wouldn't be wrong to compare the game to a slot machine (the matching sequence shows a slot machine- I think this is no mistake), but I think there's a bit more to it than that.  I do think a lot on most turns and it's satisfying to make good plays.

All in all I think it's been comparable to MMOs in how much money and time I've invested into it, only usually by now I'm totally done with the MMO.  Hearthstone is still fun and I'm still very much engaged in the games.