Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consoles have the best looking games?

Comments

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by skeaser
    GTA V PC 4K vs PS4

Can you say "discussion over"? 

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• ced668ced668 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Kefo
    Originally posted by ced668
    Originally posted by Howbadisbad

All consoles use the same range of hardware (counting for different hard drive sizes and stuff), PCs have vastly different everything from person to person, how can you even make this argument?

Just because consoles can do other things now doesn't mean they aren't mainly built for console games.

Patching is a much easier affair on standardized equipment.

The old arguments work fine from what I see.

PC use the same range of hardware too, 2 brand of CPU (amd/intel) 2 brand of GPU (amd/nvidia) its not like we have billions of combinations. And even with differents model of gpu/cpu i hope you realise the dev dont need to rewrite the entire game's code.

We just have more options to choose from if we decide to have more power for higher resolution/fps.

But its hard to explain this to people who are conditioned by old belief, big corporate marketing, lazy dev excuse for unfinished game ...

PC is an open plateform, we have the chance to choose from different option and maximise our gaming experience. Low budget : go for a budget gaming PC for 1080/60fps. More money ? Go crazy with 4k or 144fps or just UPGRADE the pc you already have.

Here are the specs of a PS4

Processor 

• Single-chip custom processor                                                          
    • CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores                             
    • GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Memory - GDDR5 8GB

Optical Drive
    • BD 6xCAV   
    • DVD 8xCAV
    I/O - Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX

Communication
    • Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    • IEEE 802.11 b/g/n                                                    
    • Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)                                              
    Output
    • HDMI                           
    • Digital Output (optical)
    This will never change for any PS4 system made with the exception of the hard drive (which I didn't include) or unless Sony starts making them differently.

Now if you go to NCIX's website and we just look at a few categories we find the following

294 different CPU's for sale
    255 different video cards for sale
    403 different type of DDR3 ram for sale (123 DDR4 but I wont count that)
    309 different motherboards for sale

Lets ignore the different power supplies, cases, keyboards and mice and stick with the 4 items listed above.
    Granted not every single CPU is going to be able to run in every motherboard, or every stick of ram in every motherboard, etc, but I will be damned if I want to figure that out. I could just narrow it down by say socket type and go from there to get a more accurate reading but its almost 4am so feel free to do it if you wish.

Can you then figure out how many different combinations there are for hardware inside PC's? I'll give you a hint, its more than 2.

Oh pls for god sake ! Do you think dev write their game code for every type of ram available in the market ??? They change their engine to mach each PSU ? lolol

You think develloper have to rewrite the code of their game for every motherboard out here ???

I'll give you a hint ram is ram thats all, they just come from various manufacturer on different size and value no big deal.

Its easy as assembling lego : find your proc , check socket, buy motherboard with same socket ! For sure need some IT degree for that /s

So next time dont just take some random fact on google but try to comprehend how the whole thing work pls.

Lol you even mention case omg how is it relevent to the subject as unified platform are better ?? Dev need to optimise their game for every case out here now ?

And as i mentioned earlier if unified platform is better why every console game release are unoptimized garbadge who need to be patched (ac unity; halo ... ) ???

• cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by vellucci
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    Originally posted by cribett

I play on my PC and console both are great , iv'e never understood the whole 60 fps is a must have argument compared to 30 .

Please enlighten me iv'e never noticed the difference but maybe that's because i'm not looking ?!? who knows.

If you don't know the difference between 30 and 60 fps, then you're actually stupid. 

hahah i see im not the only one who only made it to his comment and had to post. 

I never comment in forums. But really dumb statements just get me nervous.

Okay so ill rephrase what i previously said so i don't make you as nervous to prevent you further posting on the forum because you're an absolute twat.

Of course i know the difference what I'm saying is unless i sat there looking purposely for it then it would go unnoticed for me if i'm enjoying said game then i couldn't give a shit whether its 30 or 60 .

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757

I know the OP isn't around anymore, but he said he owned Bloodborne, so did I. He should know then that it runs like crap, even taking horrible fps hits at times with abysmal load times throughout. Personally I don't think it looks that good either, but that may be more of the style of it.

I play both console and pc. My pc games tend to be more fps and mmo, some others mixed in, the rest console. My PC has much better hardware, but my console set up is a bit more comfortable, lol. If game is on both platforms I own, I go with the one based on genre, ie ffxiv pc all the way, gta v, i'm going with my ps4, although I could probably manage if I changed my setup, for some games at least heh.

edit: also often a game that comes out console first then pc, it ends up being a horrible port, months later or longer, so no point getting for me.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229

All consoles use the same range of hardware (counting for different hard drive sizes and stuff), PCs have vastly different everything from person to person, how can you even make this argument?

Just because consoles can do other things now doesn't mean they aren't mainly built for console games.

PC use the same range of hardware too, 2 brand of CPU (amd/intel) 2 brand of GPU (amd/nvidia) its not like we have billions of combinations. And even with differents model of gpu/cpu i hope you realise the dev dont need to rewrite the entire game's code.

We just have more options to choose from if we decide to have more power for higher resolution/fps.

But its hard to explain this to people who are conditioned by old belief, big corporate marketing, lazy dev excuse for unfinished game ...

PC is an open plateform, we have the chance to choose from different option and maximise our gaming experience. Low budget : go for a budget gaming PC for 1080/60fps. More money ? Go crazy with 4k or 144fps or just UPGRADE the pc you already have.

Processor 

Memory - GDDR5 8GB

Optical Drive
    • BD 6xCAV   
    • DVD 8xCAV

Communication
    • IEEE 802.11 b/g/n                                                    
    • Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)                                              
    Output
    • HDMI                           
    This will never change for any PS4 system made with the exception of the hard drive (which I didn't include) or unless Sony starts making them differently.

Now if you go to NCIX's website and we just look at a few categories we find the following

Lets ignore the different power supplies, cases, keyboards and mice and stick with the 4 items listed above.
    Granted not every single CPU is going to be able to run in every motherboard, or every stick of ram in every motherboard, etc, but I will be damned if I want to figure that out. I could just narrow it down by say socket type and go from there to get a more accurate reading but its almost 4am so feel free to do it if you wish.

Can you then figure out how many different combinations there are for hardware inside PC's? I'll give you a hint, its more than 2.

Oh pls for god sake ! Do you think dev write their game code for every type of ram available in the market ??? They change their engine to mach each PSU ? lolol

You think develloper have to rewrite the code of their game for every motherboard out here ???

I'll give you a hint ram is ram thats all, they just come from various manufacturer on different size and value no big deal.

Its easy as assembling lego : find your proc , check socket, buy motherboard with same socket ! For sure need some IT degree for that /s

So next time dont just take some random fact on google but try to comprehend how the whole thing work pls.

Lol you even mention case omg how is it relevent to the subject as unified platform are better ?? Dev need to optimise their game for every case out here now ?

And as i mentioned earlier if unified platform is better why every console game release are unoptimized garbadge who need to be patched (ac unity; halo ... ) ???

I mention cases so that you don't bring it up in some form of "argument" which is also why I said lets just focus on those 4 main components. 

You are providing some quality entertainment at work for me and some friends reading your posts. You do need to take your own advice though about taking some random facts from Google, but then again how else will I be able to laugh my ass off at your ineptitude?

• theglenn3theglenn3 Member UncommonPosts: 26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=-bzqFT_0AbE 

If you can't see the difference your blind.  PC will always be the best consoles have come far but it will be a lifetime before they can compare.  Please if your trying to justify purchasing a console just look inside....you having fun???  Then your validated.  Please refrain from trying to compare 4k PC gaming to consoles........

Optimizing PC games for consoles is kinda like outfitting your car for a bike trail.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Nightbringe1

The human eye has difficulty detecting frame rates above 30 fps. The return on investment in terms of quality is minimal to non-existent.

If smooth controls and input speed aren't figured into your measure of quality, then you are correct. A game isn't a movie. You are interacting with it. Setting aside the response time from vision to action, you also have the time needed for the display to response to the action. 60FPS allows it to respond quicker, providing a smoother gameplay experience. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    How anyone can't notice a difference between 30fps and 60fps just by watching a quick YouTube clip is beyond me. I mean, it's not even close.
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by cribett

I play on my PC and console both are great , iv'e never understood the whole 60 fps is a must have argument compared to 30 .

Please enlighten me iv'e never noticed the difference but maybe that's because i'm not looking ?!? who knows.

If you don't know the difference between 30 and 60 fps, then you're actually stupid. 

simple exemple. http://testufo.com/#test=framerates&count=2&background=none&pps=960

feel free to play with the setting and the background.

Your eyes don't see in frames, they see in reflections of light processed by a brain that doesn't operate on a "X executions per clock" basis.

you can see the diffrence between 60/120 or even 200 fps but that doesn't mean everyone  can.
    just because arjan robben runned 37km/ doesn't mean the rest of the world can.

its how much the brain can handle.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Krampus

Originally posted by Nightbringe1 The human eye has difficulty detecting frame rates above 30 fps. The return on investment in terms of quality is minimal to non-existent.   That said, fancy graphics don't mean much if you dislike the console game style. Even when played on the PC, I cannot stand games that were designed for consoles.
      That's been proven false on so many levels. Gamespot for starters did a report about that using hard facts that disprove that notion. The human eye most certainly can detect it and it's not minimal. Watch the report, I'm sure it can be found easily.
    That actually was interesting.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/reality-check-do-we-need-60-fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-on/2300-6415658/

Really? The funny part is that if you actually read the paper smarty pants from gamespot is referring to, it suggests there is no statistically relevant difference between 30 and 60 FPS...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

Your eyes don't see in frames, they see in reflections of light processed by a brain that doesn't operate on a "X executions per clock" basis.

My brain hertz after reading this response. :(

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Seriously, people still believe we can't see more than 30 fps? Hahaha what the hell.

Btw, google console killer if you want a build that performs the multi platform games better than the consoles for around $400.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Just because unified platform is better does not mean the QA is for free. It is sensible money wise to cut on QA, regardless.

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322

http://30vs60.com/

There is a clear difference between 30 and 60 fps, though some may not be bothered by it, for the most part. I honestly don't care if I get a solid 60 FPS 100% of the time, like some do. However, I'll also add that games do look better on PC when compared to console releases. A friend of mine own's a PS4, and both Far Cry 4 and Dying Light do not hold up nearly as well when compared to my PC. There are graphical options that are not reflected on the PS4 (though you have to look closely for them). Also, the draw distance is absolute trash on the PS4 when compared to PC cranked on high, or max. The draw distance, and detail from so far away makes a HUGE difference in my personal opinion.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

PC gamer here. I find this an interesting thread. I think Killzone for PS4 looks absolutely phenomenal and this confuses me because most other (non exclusive at least) games look kind of mediocre often not even running at 1080p or without proper aa etc.

Obviously a fast, or even mediocre PC is faster then a PS4. Just look at all the cross platform games which look MUCH better on a medium or high end PC.

That being said. Can anybody show me some footage of a NON modded game running on PC, it can even be multiplatform, which looks better then Killzone? Because I can't think of any.. Especially considering the HUGE maps Killzone has.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Originally posted by thekid1

That being said. Can anybody show me some footage of a NON modded game running on PC, it can even be multiplatform, which looks better then Killzone? Because I can't think of any.. Especially considering the HUGE maps Killzone has.

Not gonna bother with linking to specific footage, but obvious contender would be Crysis 3.  It is also same type of game as Killzone so comparisions are easier to make.

For diffrent type of games with very high visuals on PC without modding could be games like : The Witcher 3,  Black Desert Online, GTA 5 PC or Reset-game  spring to mind.

Last but  not least:   PC advantage is configurability, brute compute hardware advantage and moddability.  In practical terms that mean  advantage through higher resolution, more frames and mods.  

Originally posted by thekid1

PC gamer here. I find this an interesting thread. I think Killzone for PS4 looks absolutely phenomenal and this confuses me because most other (non exclusive at least) games look kind of mediocre often not even running at 1080p or without proper aa etc.

Everything that is more than few meters away from player is blurried,  everything is distance is practically completly static,  FOV is very small/narrow, etc

As for Killzone looking better than multiplatform games.  Well obviosuly game made to one specific uniform platform will be able to utilize hardware better. 

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Last but not least.  Dismissing modding is a bit weird.  It's part of the platform strenght.  Exactly like console streamlined ergonomy or one uniform hardware platofrm. 

One interesting example of graphical modding:

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Console games look amazing. They are also much better value for money. If I wanted a PS4/Xbox one it's like 300. Gaming computers are A LOT more.

I would probably never buy a desktop computer again. To me they are ancient history. I don't need a desktop computer at work and I  certainly don't need one at home. So buying a desktop computer to get better graphics than consoles is an expense which I can totally do without.

And as can be seen from the OP's videos a lot of the best looking games are actually console exclusives!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by Iselin

What a ridiculous bloody thread - and I'm someone with a PC & PS4. Especially ridiculous considering the PS4 and XB1 are nothing but AMD-based budget PCs in a box.

So the OP wants to confine the comparison to exclusives for even more ridiculousness since those are precisely the games that can't be compared lol. Why would he want to do that? Because it's just plain common sense that a beast top of the line PC will outperform a budget PC in all ways - especially in the number of pixels it can render with beautiful post-processin GFX enhancers added without losing playability (and BTW, 30 FPS is just fine for me - I'm not even talking about that.)  

So the only thing he can say is that subjectively to him, the console exclusives are the bestest looking evah! 

Or is this a tinfoil hat theory that there is special super seekret magic in them there boxes that make anything designed for them better than anything else?

Crazy, man... crazy.

Well, there are TONS of console exclusives. There are almost no PC exclusives. Also are you going to compare a 2k desktop computer to a 300 bucks console. Those 300 bucks budget consoles are going to perform better than 800-1000 desktops. So you can buy a console and not buy a desktop and you save yourself a lot of money. An added bonus is that you will actually be able to play all AAA games as PCs are often left behind.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Console games look amazing. They are also much better value for money. If I wanted a PS4/Xbox one it's like 300. Gaming computers are A LOT more.

I would probably never buy a desktop computer again. To me they are ancient history. I don't need a desktop computer at work and I  certainly don't need one at home. So buying a desktop computer to get better graphics than consoles is an expense which I can totally do without.

And as can be seen from the OP's videos a lot of the best looking games are actually console exclusives!

Are they down to around $300 now?

Ive been waiting for a price drop and thats around what I would be willing to spend. I still love my Ps3 but I want a 4 mainly for future versions of MLB:The Show.

Havnt been keeping up and prices and I was going to wait until around christmas but if they are that cheap already... Hmmmm. Thanks.

Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Mikeha

If somebody really wanted to they could make a game on PC that blows everything on console out of the water. What console has that PC does not is talented development studios that push the hardware that they develop for. Studios like Naughty Dog, 343 Studios, Suker Punch, Turn 10 and Gorrila Games are just so much better at what they do.

Fun thought that not one of those studios has managed to create a game to my liking, Then again, I like my games to be finished, patched and with added content, not just b'buy and this is it' console games.

Console games are for the ones that are easily pleased.

And PC games are for elitists? Good to know.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

The Day that Console graphics are better than PC graphics will be the day Consoles become more expensive than PCs.

I don't see Consoles outdoing PC graphics.....ever.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Processor 

Memory - GDDR5 8GB

Optical Drive
    • BD 6xCAV   
    • DVD 8xCAV

Communication
    • IEEE 802.11 b/g/n                                                    
    • Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)                                              
    Output
    • HDMI                           

I love how you completely failed to tlak about the CPU and GPU though because your stupid argument falls apart then. GPUs and CPUs can be wildly different.

Console games are unoptimised but they are more optimised than PC garbage we get, ooh snap!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Quantum Break looks >>>>> Uncharted 4

That is all.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Don't know what the fuss is about I have a kick ass PC and the top console of the moment a PS4. Fact is games that only made for the PS4 will look great but if anyone thinks The Witcher 3 will look better on the PS4 is quite frankly delusional.