Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stopping playing GW2 because of this:

PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104

Starting playing GW2 after a long hiatus and noticed some changes to the game while  was gone, one thing I noticed and do not like and think it is very unethical and flat out wrong is how I noticed under the minatures tab (where your pet collections are)  I dont see or doesnt seem to show any the miniatures that I collected anymore,  like 0/277 collected.  I didnt have that many long ago but did buy some from the Gem store and had a few of the yellow quality or higher tier coloured pets.   If they got removed and I dont have them anymore that is totally wrong and will not play GW2 anymore if I officially bought something from the games store that isnt a one time use item or limited duraton.   Sad, cause this is one of the few games I think is worth checking out besides Wow at the current moment.  But wont tolerate this type of shady business tatics.   

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Did you petition a GM?
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Miniatures have been moved to the Hero Panel, Default H. :D IF they aren't showing there, check your inventory and banks, you may need to add them. Lastly, write a ticket/forum post on the official site, but I doubt that will be needed. 

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

You can read more about the problem in the Notes section here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Minipets

I think you still have the minipets as physical items somewhere in your inventory somewhere on your characters or bank or still have them in the Material Storage (below the crafting materials).

if you have them as item you can get them into the wardrobe by right-clicking and select "add to wardrobe" or something like that.

• PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104
    Ok thanks for the help, will check it out, maybe I didnt lose any of the pets like I thought.

• PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104

Just checked again, dont see any of my minitures in my bags or bank.  And all the minis in the tab section or under the H key, are greyed out or need to be unlocked.  Got a few/some of the outfits or other clothing items collected but so lame that I lost my pets,  not sure if I want to bother with this,  dont know why they had to change it.   I dunno, might send in a ticket soon.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Paddyspub

Just checked again, dont see any of my minitures in my bags or bank.  And all the minis in the tab section or under the H key, are greyed out or need to be unlocked.  Got a few/some of the outfits or other clothing items collected but so lame that I lost my pets,  not sure if I want to bother with this,  dont know why they had to change it.   I dunno, might send in a ticket soon.

It was a really good change.

Instead of having to physical carry your miniatures or just let them collect dust in the collection tab, you can display any miniature in the collection with any character via the H panel.

When the change rolled out you had to remove the miniature from the miniature collection pane in the bank, put it in the inventory and right click to "add to the wardrobe or some such".

Once you remove the miniature the spot for it in the collection bank disappear.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Your pets are in the material storage below the Festive Materials tab.

You can take them out and use them as items or bind them to your account to make them accesible to all chars.

Would have been easier to ask for help and an explanation instead of making this drama thread.

Harbinger of Fools
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Would have been easier to ask for help and an explanation instead of making this drama thread.

qft

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Heretique
    Originally posted by Dakeru

qft

Just an observation, but isn't this sight known for its drama?  Just saying

• zerokaionzerokaion Member UncommonPosts: 16

I had a similar issues not long ago. I had bought a magic broom near launch. It was equipped on a cosmetic set I think? Came back last month to see it gone. I had to contact a GM and they gave it back but they said. They normally don't give items back but they did an exception for me. While i'm happy they gave it back I did not like how the responded to me.

It was their message:

Hello ZeroKaion,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

In most cases the support team is not able to replace individual items in situations of this nature. However, we were able to make an exception for you in this particular situation. Please be very careful because it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to provide another replacement like this for you in the future.

You will find the replacement item in your mailbox. If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

Thank you for your patience.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by zerokaion

I had a similar issues not long ago. I had bought a magic broom near launch. It was equipped on a cosmetic set I think? Came back last month to see it gone. I had to contact a GM and they gave it back but they said. They normally don't give items back but they did an exception for me. While i'm happy they gave it back I did not like how the responded to me.

It was their message:

Hello ZeroKaion,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

In most cases the support team is not able to replace individual items in situations of this nature. However, we were able to make an exception for you in this particular situation. Please be very careful because it is extremely unlikely that we will be able to provide another replacement like this for you in the future.

You will find the replacement item in your mailbox. If you do not see the mail, simply reduce the mailbox content to allow pending mails to drop into the box. Please be careful to remove the mailed item using the correct character.

Thank you for your patience.

Not really the same thing, OPs minipets are in the mat storage place and need to be bound to be put in the tab (unless he want to sell them).

ANETs policy of not restoring stuff is annoying though, a guildie got his account hacked and lost all his characters and stuff. It was his fault, he have been hacked before and I have been on him about security (offered him a POP3 *E-mail and asked him to use the verificator) but it still sucks to loose everything.