Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: The Multiplayer RPG Experience

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

180+ hours into Guild Wars 2, I’ve only recently begun digging into its assortment of dungeons.  Sure, I’ve dabbled in my fair share of pre-level cap PvP and open world small parties, but I’ve been waiting to hit 80 to sink my teeth into the game’s group content.  As I mentioned in last week’s column, I’m no stranger to dungeons and raids in MMOs, and have historically sought out group content commensurate to my level. 

Read more of Som Pourfarzaneh's The Multiplayer RPG Experience.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    I'm not so much a fan of multiplayer as I am a fan of private co-op in games like Divinity, Baldur's Gate, and Icewind Dale. I was REALLY hoping for co-op in Pillars of Eternity but for some crazy reason the devs thought it might conflict with single player aspects of the game.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Well you know they copied the grind, the gear treadmill, the mobile app market, and they even brought back the use of the DR system of loot they might as well use another MMO convention and that's solo dungeons/skirmishes or even scalable dungeons it's only fair. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I think it's great no waiting to put a group together.  No being kicked because your stats aren't high enough or because you're not a part of the trinity .  No crazy person causing the group to wipe for the fun of it.   Not to eliminate grouping, just giving players additional choices.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey