Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best solo class

eckardteckardt Member UncommonPosts: 48
I will start playing swtor in a pve server.
what is the best solo class?

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

My personal favorite to solo with is a Bounty Hunter -> Mercenary specialization.

Lots of survivability thanks to heavy armor, ranged and self-healing capabilities. Plus they get their healer companion very early.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    ...They are all good solo classes.....games made that way.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Any class. Thanks to companion system you can choose any class and spec, then just select a companion that fits well together with your abilities.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Jedi Knight has the best story line. I'd recommend that.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    My favorite class is Imperial Agent, but playing a Trooper now and they are lots of fun as well.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I also go by best story line.  Imperial Agent, Assassin, Shadow have good story lines.  It also depends on your playstyle, solo or grouping preferred. Best solo class for me was Assassin or Shadow cause they had that combat stealth that could save your bacon when you got hammered by to many mobs.  When I returned during that x12 xp thingy, Bounty Hunter was really buffed and tore through content like butter.  I also like the Imperial side a little more but played both.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

My personal favorite to solo with is a Bounty Hunter -> Mercenary specialization.

Lots of survivability thanks to heavy armor, ranged and self-healing capabilities. Plus they get their healer companion very early.

+1 /agree

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by orionblack

This... it's basically a singleplayer game.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

And what title isn't unless you take the effort to group?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

Ones where the world is broken into instanced static hubs (without day or night cycles) that then send the player into further instanced halls, with NPC companions to fill out the group role?

This was designed by a singleplayer RPG studio to be a singleplayer game with optional COOP. There's no real cohesive social world to it.

• ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I''m mostly a solo player, with half my time partnering with my wife.  I've played all classes empire and republic, with a number of  characters.  My personal favorite is the Sith Assassin paired with his companion healer.  Stealth is an advantage as noted elsewhere and I mod him to lean more to the tank side.  I also agree the Bounty Hunter is a good one for soloing, and out of all the story lines I think I enjoyed the Bounty Hunter the most .  As others have said you can pick any of them and make them work.
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    Sage or Sorc. You can pretty much melt whole groups away with force quake once you get it and if you gear up a tanking companion and can heal, you can solo most any heroic. 

All die, so die well.

Ones where the world is broken into instanced static hubs (without day or night cycles) that then send the player into further instanced halls, with NPC companions to fill out the group role?

This was designed by a singleplayer RPG studio to be a singleplayer game with optional COOP. There's no real cohesive social world to it.

That is my point. Almost every single mmorpg can be played as a single player game unless players take the initiative to group with others.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

The best solo class by far is one with a geared companion that complements their strengths.

Because just about all classes have a choice between a tank, healer, or dps companion by midway through the game it's largely irrelevant which class you choose for solo content.  The only point at which your class matters for soloability are the very low levels where you might get stuck with a companion that doesn't work well with your class before you have a full range of companions to choose from.

That is my point. Almost every single mmorpg can be played as a single player game unless players take the initiative to group with others.

Except this game ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES you to solo.

There's a difference between a game where all the mechanics expect/force you to solo, and going out of your way to group is extremely hard and often ignored...

and an MMO where you just decide to solo on your own.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Rare comment on these boards!

Folks are quick to blame the developers because it's their responsibility to help Danny Boy how to socialize.

The list is endless what developers get blamed for.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Folks are quick to blame the developers because it's their responsibility to help Danny Boy how to socialize.

An online game's culture reflects its game mechanics. If the mechanics discourage socializing, people won't socialize. And the few inherently social people will get tired of beating their heads against a wall and move onto a game that does encourage socializing.

An online game's culture reflects its game mechanics. If the mechanics discourage socializing, people won't socialize. And the few inherently social people will get tired of beating their heads against a wall and move onto a game that does encourage socializing.

Any game with an active chat offers the ability for an individual to group with anyone else. I know of no games that discourage socializing. It's up to you and me as players to join in groups if that is what we want to do. Even back before LFG/LFM tools were invented people would group to dungeon and raid.  SWTOR is no different.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I played them all to ~15 and then picked the story/game play I liked the most. Getting to 10-15 only takes a few hours and you although a bit repetitive, it is nice to feel out each class. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

These people are offering opinions on how things are subjective or how content is easy is enough that classes are all the same.

However sicne your questoin is open ended you will get many different reponsenes.

There are companions in the game, and therefore a healing/dps class with a companion would be easier to solo.

Play the SI class, the story has mature themes which would be very inapporpraite for a kid. But i dont beleive mmos should be for kids anyways, and I also want gambling in MMOs.

Obviously pepole have messed up priorities it seems. Gambling is too much of a problem in a video game, but making an MMO whch is addictive and too time consuming acessible to a kid is not a problem and on top of that with very amture themes.

There are also themes of incest in swtor. But i wont spoil that for you. Sure its subtle, but its there.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

Any game with an active chat offers the ability for an individual to group with anyone else.

Except its usually more profitable and way way easily to solo, so that's what most people will do.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Any game with an active chat offers the ability for an individual to group with anyone else.

Except its usually more profitable and way way easily to solo, so that's what most people will do.

All the developer has done was provide you with options.

You make the informed decision to solo not the developer.

There are games where grouping to farm trash or dungeons can be profitable.

SWTOR

Grouping

You don’t have to explore the galaxy alone. As you gain more experience and complete more missions, you may join or create a group (a maximum of four players) to tackle the more difficult challenges, like Instances and Flashpoints. You may find certain difficult missions easier to complete with one or more players at your side.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!