Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought game.... very pleased "GOALS"?

ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

So last 2 days have been getting used to the controls..... I literaly spent 4 hours just watching tutorials and adjusting keybindings, and so far.... I love it.... Sidewinder handles so well considering just using keyboard and mouse.

Ran 4 hauling missions (So far) first one was a fail (I will get into that in a bit) and the other 3 even thou they had their hiccups went successfully. No crashes, no deaths. The first mission I had less then an hour to dock and deliver the goods but station was all full and timer actually ran out before I could dock and it failed..... Im not sure how to get around this for future runs......

I really don't see how people can't find something to do in this game.... My long term goals are save money then buy a PYTHON and either become a pirate or a bounty hunter (Not sure which I rather be, any advice?) then start hunting real players.

But first I need real money fast to get their so perhaps I will do some more crappy runs in my sidewinder then upgrade to a hauling vessel then start saving for a PYTHON..... any advice? What are your thoughts on a python for hunting players?

I am excited to see what future updates will bring in this game.... I am a full time college student and in school 10 hours a day so it will probably take me a long LONG time to get my python....

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by ellobo29

So last 2 days have been getting used to the controls..... I literaly spent 4 hours just watching tutorials and adjusting keybindings, and so far.... I love it.... Sidewinder handles so well considering just using keyboard and mouse.

Ran 4 hauling missions (So far) first one was a fail (I will get into that in a bit) and the other 3 even thou they had their hiccups went successfully. No crashes, no deaths. The first mission I had less then an hour to dock and deliver the goods but station was all full and timer actually ran out before I could dock and it failed..... Im not sure how to get around this for future runs......

I really don't see how people can't find something to do in this game.... My long term goals are save money then buy a PYTHON and either become a pirate or a bounty hunter (Not sure which I rather be, any advice?) then start hunting real players.

But first I need real money fast to get their so perhaps I will do some more crappy runs in my sidewinder then upgrade to a hauling vessel then start saving for a PYTHON..... any advice? What are your thoughts on a python for hunting players?

I am excited to see what future updates will bring in this game.... I am a full time college student and in school 10 hours a day so it will probably take me a long LONG time to get my python....

You wont manage to save for Python flying a Hauler. It has virtually no weapons.

You need to upgrade to Cobra MK3 as soon as possible. Than work slowly from there.

Python is good ship. Lots of armor.

Dont know if its good for hunting players. But surely no pirate will want to mess with you.

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

Just a quick question.... why would I need weapons if I am just transporting goods from station to station? To defend from pirates? Or are you saying I should just stay away from hauling and kill NPC's instead? Or are you saying a cobra is a good hauling vessel and just superior to every other hauling vessel by poor design? What good is a higher tier hauling vessel then?

Sorry noob questions....

Thx for the advice in advance!

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Also what are the pros and cons of being a bounty hunter vs a pirate? One is working for the law.... the other is against.... I get that but don't see any real benefits to being one or the other.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Hauling is were most of the money can be made in E:D

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

You might want to use that homepage to assist your trading. And its VERY useful in all respects for E:D

You have been suggested to upgrade to a Cobra MkIII because its BOTH a good small trading ship AND a good allrounder WITH weapons. I agree with that recommendation. Its also good training for the Python.

Of course, once you have enough money and want to keep trading, you should upgrade to a Class 7 or 9 Hauler for the real bulk trade jobs, where the big money can be made.

Weapons are useful if you are interdicted during a trading run and someone kicks you out of Slipstream/FSD. Often its a newbie pirate, easily dispatched.

A bounty hunter often has to check many many sites until he finds his designated target. That can get boring quickly. A pirate - especially in a lawless Anarchy system - can kill anything under his sights that has something in its cargo holds. With the captured and stolen goods - and a small independent station with a Black Market nearby  (see homepage link above) - you can make quite a bit of money.  Its easier to get a bounty on your head  (and be hunted by almost anyone) if you are a pirate - that potentially makes your life difficult in many systems (unless you want that and prefer target rich environments ;-). The bounty hunter usually does NOT get a bounty on his head for killing his designated target.

Have fun