Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think a payment model change would help WS population?

124»

Comments

• feztoniofeztonio Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by danwest58

It will only help short term it will not fix the core problems.  I have over a dozen friends who rushed to Wildstar for 40 man raids and realized that their love was just nostalgia talking and getting 20 to 40 people together on the same page is a real pain in the ass and will never happen again like it happened in Vanilla WOW.  Vanilla WOW was great it was a time where people were willing to put a side personal goals for group goals at least to some level.  Today that just does not happen and never will again.  So that is wilstar is in the rut its in.  Bad design flaws based on nostalgia.  

Also I know a lot of people who just will not do Action combat and didnt like it.  Also a lot of my friends who quit, quit very fast when they noticed how bad the grind was.  You had to complete 20 man to get to 40.  Yea having hard content is ok but a major grind no that hurt Wildstar.

I feel like a psychic when I pointed this nostalgia factor out about players loving the idea of 40 man raids rather than loving the experience of trying to get 40 selfish elitist individuals to all show up at one time - with appropriate gear and potions and buffs, then agree on and follow a strat, and not have 12 out of 40 rage quitters after the first wipe -- after four hours of waiting around to get the 40 man group filled and everyone to the raid instance and ready to go.

the open world pvp and sandbox love are two more nostalgia topics which the idea is way more romanticized than the actual experience.  players wax philosophical in general chat and on message boards about how games need to have giant open worlds to explore ... yet nobody realizes everyone is standing around on fleet or in the home city or around quest hubs, and 99% of players never ever goes off to the extreme edges of the maps - unless there's a quest mob or other game related reason to do so.

same for open world pvp - it's never 2 evenly matched and geared players clashing to establish who's the best !  in practice, it's a level 40 player out on a mission or quest, and once he's half health and most of his hard hitting abilities are on some semblance of CD, and he's focused on the 5 NPC's / mobs hitting him, then a group of three level 60 stealthed enemy faction players appear and blast the level 40 into oblivion.

folks just need to realize while some things seem awesome, the reality is never what you hope it will be.

• KrightonKrighton Member UncommonPosts: 111
    edited May 2016
    Yes. Free2play is the only logical next step to save this game, increase population and get it properly marketed since it never was from the start.

MOD HIJACKED MY POST AND IS IMPERSONATING ME. DOES CARBINE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY SO GOD DAMN MANY WHITE KNIGHTS TO DEFEND THIS GAME? DOES NCSOFT REALLY THINK IT'S SALVAGEABLE?

I'M ENTITLED TO POST MY EXACT THOUGHTS. I'M AMERICAN.
    Post edited by Krighton on