Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Fantasy MMO with multi-class/skills/stats and action elements

RedlineComplexRedlineComplex Member Posts: 3

Hello MMORPGers,

I'm looking for an MMORPG to play with a fantasy theme, an anime or western art style, player appearance customization, multiple skill trees, stat points, a variety of classes, and gameplay with action elements. Needs to be in English and allows access from the US. I'm looking for that same experience you can find in a modern fantasy single-player/coop game but in an online world.

Non-eligible games that I consider fit the description:

Ragnarok Online - The benchmark. Something in 3D, and more mature would be perfect. Tera came close. I hope the US  gets tree of savior.

Diablo 3 - If there were an MMO of this, I'd play it. If It had the option to change the POV, it would be perfect.

Demon's/Dark Souls - Not that much customization, but If there were an MMO of this, I'd play it.

TESV: Skyrim - From what I've seen of TESO, the skills are a lot more limited.

Help me find an MMORPG so I can ditch single-players and join the online ranks!

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by RedlineComplex

Hello MMORPGers,

I'm looking for an MMORPG to play with a fantasy theme, an anime or western art style, player appearance customization, multiple skill trees, stat points, a variety of classes, and gameplay with action elements. Needs to be in English and allows access from the US. I'm looking for that same experience you can find in a modern fantasy single-player/coop game but in an online world.

Non-eligible games that I consider fit the description:

Ragnarok Online - The benchmark. Something in 3D, and more mature would be perfect. Tera came close. I hope the US  gets tree of savior.

Diablo 3 - If there were an MMO of this, I'd play it. If It had the option to change the POV, it would be perfect.

Demon's/Dark Souls - Not that much customization, but If there were an MMO of this, I'd play it.

TESV: Skyrim - From what I've seen of TESO, the skills are a lot more limited.

Help me find an MMORPG so I can ditch single-players and join the online ranks!

TESO is probably the mmo which comes closest to bridging the gap between single player games and mmos, and ticks all your boxes. Besides that it is also just a great game in general. Not sure why you would write that one off.

Tera is also awesome, but much more like a traditional mmo and has no multiple skill trees for each class, but it seems you have tried it.

Neverwinter Online feels to me somewhat like a third-player perspective camera mmo version of diablo. Has two or three skill lines for each class and pretty good action combat system, but I think it has less flexibility in terms of mixing/matching skills than TESO.

Dungeons and Dragons Online has extensive character customization and multiclassing and a action/tab cross combat system with lots of skills. Possibly the closest after TESO to ticking all your conditions.The graphics are pretty bad though.

GW2 has a broad choice of skills/builds per class and action/tab cross combat. Probably the best combat system of any mmo, but again I would say TESO is much closer to what you described. Solid choice though and fun.

I can't think of any others that really stand out and fill your requirements. Maybe watch some video playthroughs of the above and see if any impress you.