Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Deep is Project Gorgon?

PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

Well, you can try it out and find out for yourself, but this might give you an insight:

Reminder to player cows: you'll be able to generate more and better milk at higher level, but only if you maintain a strict vegetarian diet.

So not only can you be cursed into having to play as a cow, not only can you, as a player-cow, be milked by other players, but your quality of milk varies based on your in-game activities. This game is just "beyond the Beyonds" in terms of originality.

Hmmm. What the result would be if a player cow drinks a lot of vodka and snacks on coffee beans...

[Deleted User]

Comments

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Brilliant!
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Kinda hard to take a game seriously when it doesnt take itself seriously.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

He has some great ideas in his game but it lacks the team needed to pull it off without having to wait a long time.

I also don't like the combat design,i am not saying it is bad,just not the way i would like it to be.I can't really even explain it without writing a book.

IMO he should have kept building and improving the first zone before moving on to a second or third zone.Even some of the first zone dungeons are buggy and laggy,you need to get everything in order before moving on.

None the less lots of classes,lots of nice ideas ,i could see  a lot of people actually liking the game.The biggest positive is that it is not simply another Wow/EQ2 clone,it has it's own identity.

JeffSpicoli

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyperbeltKyperbelt Member CommonPosts: 8
    They recently made a server upgrade and lag for a lot of players seems to have calmed down if not died off completely. They are having a Q&A this sunday if anyone is interested check out the forums at projectgorgon.com . Any media entities are more than welcome to come and ask questions :)
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Wizardry

He has some great ideas in his game but it lacks the team needed to pull it off without having to wait a long time.

I also don't like the combat design,i am not saying it is bad,just not the way i would like it to be.I can't really even explain it without writing a book.

IMO he should have kept building and improving the first zone before moving on to a second or third zone.Even some of the first zone dungeons are buggy and laggy,you need to get everything in order before moving on.

None the less lots of classes,lots of nice ideas ,i could see  a lot of people actually liking the game.The biggest positive is that it is not simply another Wow/EQ2 clone,it has it's own identity.

Early game development is similar to first drafting a book. Write down a bunch of stuff without worrying about typos or proper punctuation, then go back after you've written a ton of content to fix all the errors.

Game's still fairly early in development so I wouldn't be too concerned over the bugs.

• SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    SlyLoK said:
    Kinda hard to take a game seriously when it doesnt take itself seriously.
    That quote really fits with your Landmark signature.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The game is very deep but ONLY on paper,in reality it is very shallow and should be revamped/improved.

Unfortunately the guy has little money,not enough staff and is looking at a near future official release and the game is not nearly good enough to have an official Steam release.

I can easily spell out the combat problems which also relates to every single class.
    The problem is that no matter what class you use every single class is identical,nothing more than a power versus dmg equation.So you can just ignore classes and look straight at the dmg/pwr ratio and determine which one gives the best options.

There should not be ANY power use and definitely not be a power loss for running from a fight.Too much of the design is to save face on other design flaws and that is not the proper way to design a system.

Aggro is really bad,usually aggro through walls,the entire unity engine just looks bad everywhere in the game design.Terrible frame rates for such low end graphics and very little on screen bandwidth needed.Go inside to a city and 40-50 frames drops to 12-20 and there is only a handful of players there,so yeah the game and zones need a LOT of work but since they have remained in this state for a very long time,i do not see any improvements incoming.

This game COULD be really good if the effort and manpower went into this game and of course the lead ERIC needs to have a bit of common sense/knowledge on what should work and how to implement ideas.I feel he is in too deep now and does not have the ability to make this a triple A game,so it will go down as a good B rated game that could have been much better.

[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    one of those that I've got on the back burner.  Not following, not reading up on any updates religiously.  Just on the back burner, keeping an eye out for any interesting news/commentary.  Content to wait to see where it goes.

I self identify as a monkey.