Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What characters do you miss playing the most ?

I miss the most:

- Qaliathari Human Dread Knight - So why did it take me so long to realize how fun tanks are ? This is definitely my most missed character. I also loved the Qaliathari racial, best racial in the game, especially for a tank. Dread Knight sucked for a long time in Vanguard, because of inferior tanking, but in the end they became as good as the others.

- Qaliathari Human Necromancer - A class I really never found time to play, but whenever I did, I had an absolute blast ! The qaliathari racial saved my skin quite a bit, too. I just LOVE that racial.

- Darkelf Blood Mage - Never got to play him, but every time I did, it was just such an awesome class.

- Goblin Disciple - I called this my godmode character. Actually a class I should have enjoyed less to solo, haha.

- Darkelf Death Cleric - I think the Cleric really wouldnt have complained if they got an overhaul. It was just a bit boring. Soloing was a pain because of zip damage.

- Highelf Paladin - She was SO BEAUTIFUL !!!! The class itself is a tinsy winsy little bit boring, though. Still in raids apparently totally OP ... but I never got there. Either way, BEAUTIFUL !

- Goblin Shaman - I had a Hayatet/Phoenix/Fire Magic one. Definitely not the strongest variant ! That was Tuurgin/Bear/Tank. All in all I think the Hayatet really needed a redesign. Maybe I would have been a much easier time if I had played as Tuurgin, but I kind of wanted to play the best healer possible and Hayatet had energy regen.

- Darkelf Sorcerer - I really loved the damage, but then they nerfed the spell that made the class most fun (Chaos Volley). Ever since it was, well, still fun, but not as much. Anyway, I leveled to maxlevel really quick on this one - mostly solo.

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

I didn't play all the classes being that I started the game early when it was full of problems.  The classes I did try were amazing though and, like Everquest, had a learning curb that made them go from good to amazing once mastered.

I played a Raki Disciple and it was my favorite class of all time.  I also played a dreadknight that was really fun too.  Every class I tried I really enjoyed because they were so diverse.

Modern games are too much about who has the highest healing or dps, but this game had a mix of all forms of mechanics from buffs, to debuffs, to cc and damage or healing.  Each class was unique in what it offered the group.  With that many variables, it really makes combat enjoyable.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Definitely my halfling ranger and half giant dread knight.

Ranger class was the ultimate power leveling class. My brother had every class to level 50 within 1 week.

When I first discovered how godly I was when I combo ravaging darkness and Scythe of doom on my dreadknight. I would pull up to 20 mobs and not die. Haha those are the times.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Dread Knight and Necromancer
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    None, the game was horribly overrated. The only thing I miss from it is the diplomacy system, which was neat.

<3

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110
    I loved my HE BM, best healing of any MMO I ever played.

Something Awful this way comes.

• NordhFirebornNordhFireborn Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Uziduke
    I loved my HE BM, best healing of any MMO I ever played.

Quoted for truth. BM was so awesome.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401

Definitely Bloodmage. It was different and exciting!

Otherwise, my main was a Necro. Always loved playing that class. :)

EDIT: I hope Pantheon will introduce the Bloodmage profession in a later expansion or something, but right now, I hope their "secret" class is the Necromancer! :)

• 2pure2pure Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I had a monk, forget what race (was arabic/tan looking).  I played on FFA-PVP servers and I would hunt down other players in other shards by using the super monk jump.  It was awesome.  I quit when they buffed druids to the point 2 level 16 druids could take me down.  I liked how you could macro to perform 2-3 moves at the same time and to also perform the procs and combos without hesitation.  Best PVP experience for me by far.  I know you might think there is something better, but I got a lot of enjoyment killing people until I found their bind and camp until they logged.  Gankhis Kong was my name btw.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Dark Elf Dread Knight!

Or whatever it was called.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ReMouRNReMouRN Member UncommonPosts: 11

There have only been a few characters in my gaming career that I've truly felt in unison with. My Harmonious Monk in Vanguard was one of them. I regret not dabbling more with the Blood Mage and Cleric. The Vanguard era was before I opened up to playing healers though.

- ReMouRN

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I miss my Cleric and Rogue, VG had the best rogue design i have ever played. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

I miss my early beta disciple -- before they changed the way their gameplay flowed.  I liked it when they did constant chains flowing like a river -- you went one way or another through the chains for the abilities it would open x turns into the future.

This was before they nerfed the difficulty of it and slapped limits on how often you could progress etc.

I also miss diplomacy, although again, beta diplomacy without the uber powerful cards.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    psionicist , was fun and rewarding to play
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Goblin Blood Mage.  I usually stick to more human type races but took a chance with the goblin and absolutely loved it! But the thing I loved the most was the Blood Mage class itself.  Best healer hands down of any mmo ever created. The most active and unique playstyle.  Could do tremendous damage if you knew how to weave damage into things for healing.  LOVED healing through damage.  No one has made a healer like the Vanguard Blood Mage.  Tremendous damage, insane healing, fun buffs that were powerful.  Loved loved loved it. 
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by 2pure
    I had a monk, forget what race (was arabic/tan looking). 

Qaliathari then.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441

I miss everything about this game. All the classes had their own unique design an no other game has given such diversity between the classes as Vanguard did.

The world was so beautiful. The flying, the dungeons, how the atmosphere would change when you entered an area to make it dreadful or bright and cheery was just amazing!

So many wonderful times.

I hope to renew these feelings with Pantheon. I threw my money at them as soon as I seen how the game was a Vanguard twin, YES!

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I miss didn't get to try it longer, was a few try but my pc back then had hard time running it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I'll be honest,i don't remember one single class lol.Partly because i am getting older and play far too many different games,so i forget things very  quickly.

I did have some fun though,i did not see ALL the PROBLEMS so many claim.I had maybe 1-2 times i got stuck and once i fell through the world.Is that any worse than say spending hours on a great quest line in Wow only to find out it is bugged and i can't finish it?I can fall through world,log out and back in or type /stuck a LOT faster than i can recover 4 lost hours doing a bugged quest or several bugged quests.

I would say this however,i felt Vanguard was just too much like a cross between EQ1 and EQ2,it still felt too generic,i wish better thought would be put into not only classes but all of game designs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I miss my half elf Disciple who was like the energizer bunny, she kept going and going and going. I also miss my Dark Elf Ranger with her black puma pet. I also had one as a pet and could shape shift into one. I was a pack of pumas.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

None, the game was horribly overrated. The only thing I miss from it is the diplomacy system, which was neat.
    Vanguard cant possibly have been overrated, since nobody played it. Sometimes I was completely alone in the game.

I absolutely hated diplomacy. The only good part about diplo was that once you had a good deck, it was simple. Otherwise you got shanhaied to play a card game over and over and over and over ... awful.

The only part of Vanguard that I liked even less than diplo was fishing. Playing from europe on an american server, I stood no chance whatsoever.

IMHO diplomacy should have been questlines to solve to gain certain flags. Not endless cardgame playing.

Definitely Bloodmage. It was different and exciting!

Otherwise, my main was a Necro. Always loved playing that class. :)

EDIT: I hope Pantheon will introduce the Bloodmage profession in a later expansion or something, but right now, I hope their "secret" class is the Necromancer! :)

I can only strongly agree that Pantheon needs Necro. What I dont like about Pantheon though is thats its much more EQ than Vanguard. If I liked playing EQ ... well the original is still around.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    edited September 2015
    Mordebi Tuurgin Shaman

Kojani Disciple.

Orc Dread Knight.

Wood Elf Bard before the nurfs. I used to get nearly 500% speed with wood elf racial and shammy speed of wolf and epic drum, fucking supersonic speed.

All level 55 after playing from beta to last day.

Necro was the best Necro example of any mmo ive played to date IMO. Perhaps they might introduce that class later alongside a bard.

Anyone who says they were totally alone in the game is bullshitting,even at it's lowest point you were never alone.

Kyarra

That was the clicky quest from the river valley tunnel. As a Tuurgin shammy I used to be in bear shape most of the time.