Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I discovered this game wasnt for me when I was...

Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

...sitting there under a "fury" character getting manditorilly-power leveled, then manditorilly-twinked by someone else.  Why?  I just dont get it.  Whats the point of PvE content or having levels below the max level when everyone gets manditorilly-power leveled and manditorilly-twinked.  Why?  I just dont get it.

Comments

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

SB is a pvp game, if you want pve play WoW.

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120

The average power leveling group for Shadowbane consists of 1 or 2 - High damage dealers, a Healer or 2 and at least 1 scout/tracker. The rest of the 10 man group are people who need the levels.

While it is easy to level solo, with out a tracker, you put your self at great risk of being killed. Most people who level solo will also have a second account for a tracker/support toon. Duel boxing is the best way to level solo if you can't get into a group. Don't let getting PK-ed bother you in this game, it happens all the time, even to best players.

• MaldachMaldach Member Posts: 399
    The OP is questioning why levels 1-70 or whatever even exist. You should just insta level to max, choose your gear loadout and hit the ground running at this point.
  • rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

You are right on, they should just drop the illusion of content and give you your build at max level, mobs are only good for scraping up cash and creating situations for max levels to gank new toons.

Some kids love that chance to steal or backstab a lowbie but the real fun of SB was the siege, the damn game is tripping over it's teeth their so long now however, SB2 would be nice?

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Since release the xp rates are nearly 10x of what they used to be. You have to learn how to play your charactor somehow. Ive taken a single group and slaughtered up to 20 so callled maxed out players before because they suck at PvP.

Do we want MORE people to not know how to play there charactors?

I would rather fight an even fight and win, then to just slaugher someone instantly who is clueless.

Now I have killed level 20ish charactors. Elves, sand elves, and chaos beings, deserve to die at any age. To bad I couldnt cleanse the evil alliance children in WoW. Maybe the horde would win that war! ohh wait.. what war...

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Since release the xp rates are nearly 10x of what they used to be. You have to learn how to play your charactor somehow. Ive taken a single group and slaughtered up to 20 so callled maxed out players before because they suck at PvP.
    Do we want MORE people to not know how to play there charactors?
    I would rather fight an even fight and win, then to just slaugher someone instantly who is clueless.
    Now I have killed level 20ish charactors. Elves, sand elves, and chaos beings, deserve to die at any age. To bad I couldnt cleanse the evil alliance children in WoW. Maybe the horde would win that war! ohh wait.. what war...

Getting past your WoW hang up, your point is what? The OP is saying why grind on dune giants under elders when it serves no purpose.

Power leveling or killing every mob solo adds nothing to your pvp skills and adds nothing to how well anyone knows their characters.

Good gear and runes, a flavor build, lots of pvp and ideal conditions get you kills not how well you handled ten thousand lizardmen.

I happen to think the mobs ingame are just static cash machines and without them people would realize that SB is almost all player content and with an ever shrinking player base thats not a good thing.

• CarraraCarrara Member UncommonPosts: 111

While I can agree that there are many things about SB that have pissed me off to no end. I must also say that PLGs (power leveling groups) are necessary for Game-noobs as much as for Class-noobs.

You usualy have a chance to talk alot about certain builds and get many questions answered that are left unanswered in the FoM build guides for the purpose of advantage.

I prefer having a group of lvl 1s stay toguether upto lvl 50 in a few days even if we're all from different guilds. This is really good for learning how to play your class and when you're most needed in the frey. Part of SB's charm is the open PK'ing. All you need to do is find the lesser camps and work out your strategies there, with others like you. Any guild that "requires" you to sit for PLs is just as nuts as the player who feels he "must" sit for PLs. Go find a spot that your character can handle and bring a group. However DO NOT get up and go fight when being PLed, because Agro will just do away with you in a few fell swoops. lol

Anyhow, SB is all about having fun within the Guild vs Guild "Win Everything/Loose Everything" game. PLGs are the simplest way for guilds to inject some much needed numbers within their ranks, which increases the high-level gameplay fun.

Take it as it is. If your account is still active, go explore. You will learn quickly to distrust everyone and still have fun surviving.

There is no better game out there right now or to come (beta) that gets my adrenaline pumping like SB does. I still crave it everyday after my first day in beta in 2002

• SentySenty Member Posts: 10
    Totally agree you need some period of time to get used to playing your class.  PvE gets you ready for the very basics of PvP, you'll die your first time but at least you'll deal some dmg.