Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you play at the moment and why?

DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797

Im looking for a MMORPG at the moment, but there is no game out there right now im interested in, the best it yet to come it seems, but its hard to tell which game it will be. And im not really interested in paying for early access...

Thats why im also looking for alternatives to fill the gap until a good MMORPG comes out. Im only playing League of Legends at the moment and its a little bit boring...

So, what do you play at the moment and why? singleplay? multiplayer? mmo(rpg)?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Comments

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    As for MMOs, Currently playing Elder Scrolls Online - it's questing is pretty different from the typical kill ten rats, the skill system is fun, and it's got great atmosphere. I'll occasionally delve into GW2 but the thrill is largely gone for me on that one. When I'm not on either of those and my face isn't buried in Logic Pro X, I'm on ps4 playing GTA Online, Diablo, Helldivers or Minecraft. GTA is good chaotic fun. Diablo and Helldivers scratch the same itch for dungeon crawling, and Minecraft is when I want to just relax and create something that's not music.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

ESO as far as MMORPG's go, it's a decent quest grinder, as well as I have fun in Cyrodil.

Single-player right now I'm playing Pillars of Eternity. I can't recommend it as well as Wasteland 2 or Divinity:OS enough. IF you're looking for something a bit different (in this day and age) to pass the time with, great game-play, atmosphere and RP mechanics in all three.

Other than those I play RTS's every now and again, DOW2, Rome2, as well as Men of War games, are all in my weekly rotation. Great mechanics in all.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Left DAOC because I thought ESO AvA   was going to be the next DAOC.   WRONG.        ESO is not able to make  AvA stable let alone add features

So I went back to DAOC which is slowly re-staging the whole game. The progress was simply too slow for me, so I left the game for the unteenth time. NO GAME ATM...... but  I do get things accomplished in the real world.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I don't play games were you spend most of your time going around solo doing fed ex quest.

Playing Lineage 2 and Wakfu

Lineage 2 is my main 8 years and running because it has things I look for in a mmo. Open World, Grouping, Open PVP, Long rewarding progression and Politics.

Wakfu I just started so cant say much about it. Its a unique sandbox that I am testing.

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797

Thanks for your replies so far. I played ESO in beta and i was very dissapointed because of the gameplay mechanics.

Maybe i try some of the other games you mentioned, but first lets see what other people here are playing at the moment. ^^

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Pillars of Eternity, something else then MMO's

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

Let's see...

FFXIV is my primary these days. I play it because there is a ton of things to do and all of it is interesting/fun to me.

My other games are:

ESO: Play occasionally. It's a good game but doesn't hold my attention for very long.

TSW: Play occasionally. Great story and atmosphere. I put up with the horrific combat.

AA: Play when I'm in the mood for underwater and ship gameplay. Totally P2W though. Who cares. It can still be fun.

Rift: Play occasionally, but less and less these days. This one gets tedious real fast.

Neverwinter: TOTALLY P2W! lol. Still don't care. I like the game, the graphics, and the gameplay a lot.

I play different games for different reasons. I don't believe one game will ever satisfy everything I want in a game. I think that's why there are so many unhappy MMO gamers these days. Everyone is looking for the "holy grail" and it doesn't exist and probably never will.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

ESO, SWTOR and Neverwinter Online at the moment when it comes to MMOs. I enjoy the mix of story and gameplay on those titles.

I also play 7 Days to Die with friends, because it's fun working together to survive and to build up a base. It can be fun solo too, but definitely more challenging since you're doing everything yourself instead of splitting the workload.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

ESO, SWTOR and Neverwinter Online at the moment when it comes to MMOs. I enjoy the mix of story and gameplay on those titles.

I also play 7 Days to Die with friends, because it's fun working together to survive and to build up a base. It can be fun solo too, but definitely more challenging since you're doing everything yourself instead of splitting the workload.

7 Days to Die. Absolutely.

I only focused on MMOs, but 7 Days to Die is my main non-MMO game, although I could easily make a case that 7DTD multiplayer is more MMO-like than most MMOs.

I recently purchased early access for H1Z1. Played for about 2 hours and asked for a refund. 7DTD is definitely the "go to" game in the survival genre.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • PixelPersonaPixelPersona Member UncommonPosts: 23
    ESO for the story arcs. GW2 when I just want to jump right into some PvP matches. Smite to get my moba fix.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Daikuru

So, what do you play at the moment and why?

If stretching that moment into a few days (image) I'm playing TSW right now, with some short (10-20min) visits into LotRO.

and why?  TSW, there's the golem lagfest event which is always fun, and it will only cost me an arm and a leg to earn the pet finally (literally, I'm missing one arm and one leg piece image). Not the new, ru(i)ned one for this current event, the plain old solar pet. (this http://wiki.crygaia.com/view/Shem_of_the_Solar_Metal)

LotRO, well, it's LotRO... I used to log in quite often, even if only for saying hi to the peeps. Though there will be a cool event on the weekend, and the next course will start in a month, so I also do some prepparation stuff.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    I'm a bit deep into Dying Light, very fun combination of Dead Island and Mirror's Edge,
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Starmade - minecraft meets EVE online. I build starships, develop superweapons, fight pirates and claim-jumpers.

Minecraft - its minecraft

Borderlands 2 + DLCs - dear god I've gotten more playtime out of this series that most MMOs

Borderlands Pre-Sequel - Sort of a giant DLC more than a game but it's filling in some cool plot points in the story and, you know, loads and loads of guns and a grinder addiction

Firefall - Cool sci-fi shooter where the apocalypse isn't brown. I've been playing this since closed beta.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• XantheAvalonXantheAvalon Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I rarely play console games even though I have most of them as I'm always in Avalon: The Legend Lives. I never get bored and there's always something to be involved in. Warfare is the big thing right now, three cities against one but we'll see who comes out on top!

(Kylan and Xanthe on Avalon, www.avalon-rpg.com, since 1996)

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I'm playing FFXIV.  It had a rocky launch as everyone knows, but the remake has continually pumped out quality content and has its first expansion incoming.

Since things are winding down a bit until the expansion, I've been sharing time between Final Fantasy Type-0 and my PSN Plus freebies.

• Alien: Isolation. Beautifully atmospheric environments. Nerve-wrecking hide-from-the-baddy experience I love to hate.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    warcraft , because its a good game.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072

Vendetta Online (MMORPG) - It's a great game (signature for the link)

I'm also leisurely working my way through:

Kairo - Eerie, atmospheric first person puzzle game with an Egyptian tone and hints of conspiracy

Botanicula - Crunchy team-based point-and-click puzzle adventure with a satisfying pace and ethos

Transistor - Jazzy time-bending steampunkish almost-turn-based brawler with RPG style progression

Fez - 2.5D platformer with a glitch mentality

While occasionally toying with:

Minecraft - Looking forward to this on the Oculus Rift

Terraria - Minecraft in 2D with simpler crafting and gamier mechanics

FTL - These are the voyages of the starship Kestrel

The Stanley Parable - Duck Amuck meets Fight Club

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• UzidukeUziduke Member UncommonPosts: 110

World of Warships OMG, like best game like evers.

H1Z1 battle royale that's some epic fun there.

Tried neverwinter on the xbox was okay, put it on my pc to play with my wife and game got lame after 2 hours.

Paying CCP to have a active training que.....

Something Awful this way comes.

• dualband42dualband42 Member Posts: 14

I'v started playing Fallen Earth for the first time. It's free to play and I'm enjoying it so far. (but I'm only level 12 atm if that helps)

Was playing Eso but got tired of it.

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147

Im looking for a MMORPG at the moment, but there is no game out there right now im interested in, the best it yet to come it seems, but its hard to tell which game it will be. And im not really interested in paying for early access...

Thats why im also looking for alternatives to fill the gap until a good MMORPG comes out. Im only playing League of Legends at the moment and its a little bit boring...

So what everybody is trying to say that there isn't any good mmo atm so they just play a bit everything. Cabal 2 is coming to cbt in a few weeks go register that might be a good mmo ,

I'm not playing atm, was thinking about Elite but not sure if it's worth the money

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    No - I find Vendetta Online to be a very good MMORPG: I spend more time in it than in all my other games combined, by a fair margin.

Just because I play other games doesn't mean that it's not a good game or should be somehow taking all of the remaining percentage of my time spent gaming; that's absurd. I like to experience things by other developers and interact with other communities. This doesn't detract from the experience I initially mentioned at all. If anything, it enhances it because I find things that it does really well compared to other games, or discover things it could be doing better which I am able to work into my own contributions.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

So what everybody is trying to say that there isn't any good mmo atm so they just play a bit everything. Cabal 2 is coming to cbt in a few weeks go register that might be a good mmo ,

I'm not playing atm, was thinking about Elite but not sure if it's worth the money

Why in this day in age are there still people looking for everyone to be playing the exact same game?

• SgtOxSgtOx Member UncommonPosts: 26

I've tried everything under the sun.  I pretty much came to the conclusion that there isn't any mmo that can give me that excitement I got when playing EQ or DAoC for the first time.  But atm I am playing Aion....why?  One word:  FLY!

Wings and the ability to glide and fly is just too awesome!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Bossalinie
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

Why in this day in age are there still people looking for everyone to be playing the exact same game?

I think it's just more of a brainstorm of ideas for the OP. I for one almost always read these, sometimes you catch a new title you have never tried.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.