Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 promising MMO (2015 - 2016)

DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147

Guys , after a few months of  searching  I found 4 titles that looks promising

Cabal 2  (2015 April)  Didn't like Tera or ff14 or Archage or Gw2 but I really enjoyed Aion so this might be similar and promising and I will  try it out with the expectation to be a good traditional mmo.

Black Desert ( 2016)  ! ! !  The hype finally reached me as well, this title might be more than just good graphics.

Lineage Eternal : Are you kidding ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!  anything that is Lineage is big news!!! Not happy ! for the unique combat system (tablet direction) but according to a new info it's going to be an MMo with even 20 raid party , maybe Lineage can prove that Isometrical view can be good and succesfull !

Lost Ark : This one came out of the blue and looks like Diablo 3 went on steroids. Amazing visuals, creative, sailing on the sea to find instances ;) Weird stuff going on here guys and you can see the sky sometimes so I'm not sure about the camera view.

I'm holding my fingers crossed, what do you think?

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

wow, I never heard of Cabal 1, what was that like? Now there's a cabal 2? I will have to research that. Never heard of Lost Ark, either.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Tokken

wow, I never heard of Cabal 1, what was that like? Now there's a cabal 2? I will have to research that. Never heard of Lost Ark, either.

Exactly man, for me new as well got shocked on Lost Ark, check it out :)

• AzzatakyAzzataky Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Add there a 5th one, Albion Online :)

Played: Lineage 2,Guild Wars 1 and 2, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online, LOTRO, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, EvE online
    Tried: KAL Online, Face of Mankind, ROSE online
    Playing: CS:GO

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Lost Ark looks interesting... Arpg

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• KaledrenKaledren Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Patheon: Rise of the Fallen
  • Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Having seen gameplay footage of Black Desert it will be terrible, clunky terrible gameplay killed WAR and it will kill this game too. THe basic game has to not be awful to ever survive.

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Azzataky
    Add there a 5th one, Albion Online :)

Albion Online....No No and No, horrible art style, clumsy combat / movement system but the worst is player looting.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

Cabal 2  (2015 April)

button mashing DPS action spamfest without trinity

Black Desert ( 2016)  ! ! !

Lineage Eternal

not an MMO

Lost Ark :

not an MMO

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Both lost ark and lineage eternal promises open world gameplay so that would make them mmorpg's.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • butchograndebutchogrande Member UncommonPosts: 23

Black Desert "looks" promising, but the Combat Sounds are a pure Pain in the A**. Dont know how anybody counld "enjoy" this Combat Noise when is comes to Raid / Group Battles.

It sounds like someone wants to torture you with that.

For Reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn1voEtFV5M

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

Cabal 2  (2015 April)

Lineage Eternal

not an MMO

Lost Ark :

not an MMO

Cabal 2 has a trinity, its has a tank and heal class. http://cabal2.estgames.com/Classes

Lineage Eternal not an MMO? It has an openworld and cities where  you can meet  other players and team up with.

Same for Lost Ark i think, but not sure.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Cabal 2  (2015 April)

Lineage Eternal

not an MMO

Lost Ark :

not an MMO

Basically this summons it up quite well. I might try Lineage Eternal though because I love the lore of the whole setting and it looks very decently made. Lost Ark seems (like Lineage Eternal) a Diablo clone, but this one I won't try...

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

Guys , after a few months of  searching  I found 4 titles that looks promising

Cabal 2  (2015 April)  Didn't like Tera or ff14 or Archage or Gw2 but I really enjoyed Aion so this might be similar and promising and I will  try it out with the expectation to be a good traditional mmo.

Black Desert ( 2016)  ! ! !  The hype finally reached me as well, this title might be more than just good graphics.

Lineage Eternal : Are you kidding ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!  anything that is Lineage is big news!!! Not happy ! for the unique combat system (tablet direction) but according to a new info it's going to be an MMo with even 20 raid party , maybe Lineage can prove that Isometrical view can be good and succesfull !

Lost Ark : This one came out of the blue and looks like Diablo 3 went on steroids. Amazing visuals, creative, sailing on the sea to find instances ;) Weird stuff going on here guys and you can see the sky sometimes so I'm not sure about the camera view.

I'm holding my fingers crossed, what do you think?

You forgot Patheaon and Bless. 

http://bless-source.com/

Originally posted by Robokapp

Cabal 2  (2015 April)

Lineage Eternal

not an MMO

Lost Ark :

not an MMO

All I needed to know.

Thank you, sir.

Oh my ...and  i tought I am hard to be  pleased but I was wrong  :)

Eternal and Lost Ark, are oficially confirmed to be mmorpgs but we have to wait it out.

Lost Ark :  

Lineage : (u can see 10 ppl killing a boss )

What I like in this games that are not mainly focused around female sexy characterisation and they aren't kickstarters.

Bless is alright, looks like Tera and Neverwinter , Dessert seems more exciting and I am concerned about Bless having problem with westernization as Blade & Soul, looks also childish.

I might give a try on Starcitizen :) not sure about space ship simulators

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Those look like typical Asian junk for the most part.  And yeah, the last 2 aren't really MMO's (even if they want to call them that).  Some companies are taking way too much license in putting their products into that category.  There is a BIG difference between multiplayer/online and an MMORPG.  Halo is online multiplayer, but is NOT an MMORPG.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about any of the titles on that list.  There isn't much being developed right now that has gotten enough of my interest, since most of the games are crowdfunded with lofty promises you never know whether they will be delivered or not.  Maybe Camelot Unchained will be good.  Maybe not.  Same with Crowfall, Star Citizen, etc.  I don't trust lofty developer promises until I see them start to make good on something.

Originally posted by brihtwulf

Those look like typical Asian junk for the most part.  And yeah, the last 2 aren't really MMO's (even if they want to call them that).  Some companies are taking way too much license in putting their products into that category.  There is a BIG difference between multiplayer/online and an MMORPG.  Halo is online multiplayer, but is NOT an MMORPG.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about any of the titles on that list.  There isn't much being developed right now that has gotten enough of my interest, since most of the games are crowdfunded with lofty promises you never know whether they will be delivered or not.  Maybe Camelot Unchained will be good.  Maybe not.  Same with Crowfall, Star Citizen, etc.  I don't trust lofty developer promises until I see them start to make good on something.

Ok so You already know that Lost Ark is not an MMO RPG because maybe you have some information that you can share with us? Or are you talking about camera views, angles etc?

The history of role-playing games begin in the 1970s A role-playing game (RPG) is a type of game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. MMOs usually have at least one persistent world, however some games differ.

(wikipedia)

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    The only game on the horizon that seems even remotely interesting to me is Life is Feudal, and I'm not yet convinced it'll actually be a full MMO.

<3

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    only interested in Cabal 2 and Black Desert, but my PC probably wont run BD properly so Cabal 2 will do for me. I loved and played Cabal 1 for a long time. C1 also had a pretty good experience gain system where you gained a bit of experience with each hit of your weapon or skills instead of after killing a mob. Somehow that made it feel less grindy for me.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    The repopulation is my most anticipated. With big hopes for black desert and a glimmer of hope for gloria victus and pantheon.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

For those who wanted a proper sequel to Ragnarok Online, you can check out Tree of Savior. This looks fun and is a mmorpg. Of course the lore is different from RO.

http://www.treeofsavior.com/

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by Daikuru

Cabal 2 has a trinity, its has a tank  class. http://cabal2.estgames.com/Classes

I like the part where he never tanked. It's just another Korean MMO where Warrior means Berzerker without aggro.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by brihtwulf

Ok so You already know that Lost Ark is not an MMO RPG because maybe you have some information that you can share with us? Or are you talking about camera views, angles etc?

The history of role-playing games begin in the 1970s A role-playing game (RPG) is a type of game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. MMOs usually have at least one persistent world, however some games differ.

(wikipedia)

Never mind that Lineage 1 is one of if not the most successful MMORPG of all time... it looks like diablo so it's can't possibly be an MMO!

• newbchunewbchu Member Posts: 8

Lost Ark Online - English Subbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

Please and thank you.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    I was watching a video of Cabal 2 this morning, it looked bloody awful. Ten years ago it would have impressed.. now, it looks as stale as a ten year old slice of bread
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by newbchu

Lost Ark Online - English Subbed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAmn4x2r-O8

Those overhead games where the characters are tiny are very hard to immerse yourself in.

I have seen this in more and more Korean MMO, and your character feel distant and the world not immersive.

It always reminds me of the smurfs.