Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error <<1>>

Anyone know how to fix this!

I followed there instructions and basically re downloaded and reinstalled the game..... only to get the same bloody error!

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Done a quick google for you and Noone is getting the error, so local issue rather than compat issue which is good. Could try repair, then switch off firewall and try launch. Next is katest drivers, next Suggest Deleting the folder, do a disk scan and repair as needed the reinstall.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Felconian

Anyone know how to fix this!

I followed there instructions and basically re downloaded and reinstalled the game..... only to get the same bloody error!

I've seen the error a few times since TU launched and it's generally happened to me only when I try to log in a character into a VERY busy area during prime time.   Usually if immediately try to log into a different character who is in a less crowded area I can log in immediately.  If I wait a few minutes, I usually can log into the character I want who received the Error 1 message.

Have you tried logging into the game with a different character? 

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Done a quick google for you and Noone is getting the error, so local issue rather than compat issue which is good. Could try repair, then switch off firewall and try launch. Next is katest drivers, next Suggest Deleting the folder, do a disk scan and repair as needed the reinstall.

I've been getting it since the TU launched as well actually. Restarting the client tends to take care of it though.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Jackpot for the guy :) did you get any clue as to wgat causes it?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Long loading screen, then the error right? Happened to two of my characters the other night. Both from Reaper's March.

Seems to be a generic timeout error from what I have read/experienced.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Long loading screen, then the error right? Happened to two of my characters the other night. Both from Reaper's March.

Yep, I think so too and usually it only happens to me when trying to log into Reaper's March at prime time.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Grunim
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

Yep, I think so too and usually it only happens to me when trying to log into Reaper's March at prime time.

For me it was when trying to load my lowbie Daggerfall character into Bethnik. It was fairly crowded as well though, so maybe that's the trigger indeed. (Lots of noobs running around in the area :D)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/